Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Impact of New Husky Stadium on Recruiting.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
edited June 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
2013: "It will have a huge impact. It's a huge selling point. Recruits will be drawn to it."

2015: "The former Husky Stadium hurt recruiting. We basically just removed the track, so at least UW is no longer at a disadvantage. Now we're even with the other stadiums in the conference."

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    The new Husky stadium just needs time to get its guys in. You have no idea the damage the track did.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    I just like how all the seats in the new stadium are working together this off-season. It's the best since I've been here.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Passion said:

I just like how all the seats in the new stadium are working together this off-season. It's the best since I've been here.

It's the butts who fill those seats and the passion they bring on football Saturdays(Fridays and Thursdays) that the best Huskies come for.

I was thinking when looking at the new turf being laid down that there might be room for a track. What a great idea that would be to get more sprinter speed on the Husky sideline.

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    Passion said:

you might be getting the hang of this.

kudos

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,203 Founders Club
    Woodward says that Husky football has never traditionally been a hot ticket. So I'm not sure what passion to which you're referring.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Woodward says that Husky football has never traditionally been a hot ticket. So I'm not sure what passion to which you're referring.

Did he really say this?

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,203 Founders Club
    Passion said:

Did he really say this?

Absolutely! (no joke). I don't blame you for not knowing, because DM.com probably deleted the thread in about 53 seconds.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,272 Founders Club

Passion said:

Did he really say this?

Absolutely! (no joke). I don't blame you for not knowing, because DM.com probably deleted the thread in about 53 seconds.
    I'm curious, what did he actually say?
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    When word leaked out about 3 years ago that the new stadium might have a capacity of below 70,000...some people on Doogman freaked out, so Woodward basically said he wanted to create a "hot ticket" and that UW Football hasn't been selling out games since Don James retired except for a bit during Rick Neuheisel's tenure. This of course was proven incorrect by an HHB member before he was banned on the Doogman pay bored. Since the 1987 north deck expansion and through the 2003 season there were only about 5 games where the paid attendance was less than 70,000. Then attendance went into the shitter when Gilby went 1-10 in 2004 and it has been a struggle to get to 70,000 since. Notice the UW hasn't announced the capacity of the stadium yet? They've been selling season tickets and single game tickets for Tyees. You don't think they know what the capacity is yet? My guess is that it's below 70,000 and they're putting off announcing it until the first game to avoid any backlash over the drop in capacity and the topic after the first game will be the "big" win over a WAC team or how Sark sucks because he lost to Boise St. In back to back games.
    edited June 2013

When word leaked out about 3 years ago that the new stadium might have a capacity of below 70,000...some people on Doogman freaked out, so Woodward basically said he wanted to create a "hot ticket" and that UW Football hasn't been selling out games since Don James retired except for a bit during Rick Neuheisel's tenure. This of course was proven incorrect by an HHB member before he was banned on the Doogman pay bored. Since the 1987 north deck expansion and through the 2003 season there were only about 5 games where the paid attendance was less than 70,000. Then attendance went into the shitter when Gilby went 1-10 in 2004 and it has been a struggle to get to 70,000 since. Notice the UW hasn't announced the capacity of the stadium yet? They've been selling season tickets and single game tickets for Tyees. You don't think they know what the capacity is yet? My guess is that it's below 70,000 and they're putting off announcing it until the first game to avoid any backlash over the drop in capacity and the topic after the first game will be the "big" win over a WAC team or how Sark sucks because he lost to Boise St. In back to back games.

That's a little different from saying Husky Football has NEVER traditionally been a hot ticket. Woody is definitely spinning, taking a little "artistic license" with the facts by saying it hasn't been since James' days to make a point, but I'm not sure how anyone could say that the last ten years or so have not sucked. I've been up there for a number of games over that span and the place has mostly been like a morgue, at times almost like attending a baseball game. Stark contrast to the days when the place was full of crazies and would get ear piercing loud.

The problem is the product on the field, not the size of the stadium. Given the architecture, the new stadium will have more than enough capacity to get damned loud and be a damned fine place to watch a football game in, but it's going to take putting a team on the field that people feel like showing up for.

I recently posted at Dm.c that although our season ticket sales for the new stadium were good, especially I thought for the donor seats, we still had a ways to go to get back up to the 65,000 virtual sellout of season tickets Husky Football once enjoyed before the program suffered the decline of the past decade. Even though everybody knows or should know that UW once not so long ago had a waiting list not only for Tyee seats, but also for season tickets in total, I was immediately challenged by the fat guy insisting on a link. The implication once again (for the 3000th time) that I'm a liar didn't bother me at all for what can be more fun than lying on the Internet? What really pissed me off was again seeing the fat man's crude attempt to protect the party line at Dm.c and kiss Woody's ass one more time.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

That's a little different from saying Husky Football has NEVER traditionally been a hot ticket. Woody is definitely spinning, taking a little "artistic license" with the facts by saying it hasn't been since James' days to make a point, but I'm not sure how anyone could say that the last ten years or so have not sucked. I've been up there for a number of games over that span and the place has mostly been like a morgue, at times almost like attending a baseball game. Stark contrast to the days when the place was full of crazies and would get ear piercing loud.

The problem is the product on the field, not the size of the stadium. Given the architecture, the new stadium will have more than enough capacity to get damned loud and be a damned fine place to watch a football game in, but it's going to take putting a team on the field that people feel like showing up for.

Here is the exact quote

"Because traditionally we have not been, for a long time, a sell-out crowd, and then also I like the marketing plans of having a well-sought out hot ticket whereas you don't have that right now and you have some not-so-great seats in the last seats that sell.''
    Tailgater said:

I recently posted at Dm.c that although our season ticket sales for the new stadium were good, especially I thought for the donor seats, we still had a ways to go to get back up to the 65,000 virtual sellout of season tickets Husky Football once enjoyed before the program suffered the decline of the past decade. Even though everybody knows or should know that UW once not so long ago had a waiting list not only for Tyee seats, but also for season tickets in total, I was immediately challenged by the fat guy insisting on a link. The implication once again (for the 3000th time) that I'm a liar didn't bother me at all for what can be more fun than lying on the Internet? What really pissed me off was again seeing the fat man's crude attempt to protect the party line at Dm.c and kiss Woody's ass one more time.

I was on a waiting list for 2 years before I was able to get Tyee seats.
    edited June 2013
    Tailgater said:

Here is a link you can give the fat one from 2005 where Blaine Newnham mentions the long gone waiting list

seattletimes.com/html/huskies/2002470712_blai04.html

Here is the exact quote

"Because traditionally we have not been, for a long time, a sell-out crowd, and then also I like the marketing plans of having a well-sought out hot ticket whereas you don't have that right now and you have some not-so-great seats in the last seats that sell.''

Is it just me or does Woody speak some pretty fucked up non-linear form of English?

Here is the exact quote

Is it just me or does Woody speak some pretty fucked up non-linear form of English?
    just you

Here is the exact quote

You would too if you had Emmert's two inch hammer of fury slithering around your oral cavity while you were trying to speak.

I should think that anybody truly southern would understand Woody-speak. When it's time to take a leak, a one-holer will do. When it's time to take a crap, a one-holer is still big enough. Anyone else needing a facility can hold it or stay lost in the woods a bit longer.

edited June 2013
    Tailgater said:

I should think that anybody truly southern would understand Woody-speak. When it's time to take a leak, a one-holer will do. When it's time to take a crap, a one-holer is still big enough. Anyone else needing a facility can hold it or stay lost in the woods a bit longer.

Southern Idaho doesn't count.

Go Donks!
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,843 Founders Club
    65,000 season tickets? Fuck, we're a long way from that with Sark and the last 10 years of football we've seen.