Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I'm hearing from the Ducktards

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
So between Little PissSnow 1.0 and 2.0 there are always a shit ton of little kid b-day parties at local indoor trampoline and other sports ball type facilities. And despite my caring about college football phase being in the past, I still usually rock my 70's era Don James hat and talk shit to the various Ducktard dads.

Yesterday, I'm picking up from a b-day party and start chatting with one of the Ducktards who went to the Oregon spring game and he claimed they had like 47,000 in attendance. I was shocked but a quick fact check verified he was only slightly exaggerating. The correct figure was 42,000, which is good for 5th best in the country so far for 2022.

There is no hope for us? Pea patch this mother fucker already.

https://duckswire.usatoday.com/lists/where-the-oregon-ducks-rank-among-teams-with-highest-spring-game-attendance-in-2022/

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam

There's something to be said about a program drawing 42k to a Spring Game, but can you imagine being a big enough loser to be one of those 42k people?

I was a spring practice game attendee until recently, but it was 10 mins from my house so no biggie.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

42K JFC

Welcome to Autzschwitz?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You can’t expect UW to compete with Oregon since we have a first year coach. He needs time to get his guys in there.
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,100
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Unless YOU have proof in HAND...it’s speculation for YOU. ‘Those who know’....meaning YOU are not a ‘THOSE’. I didn’t create the English language but ‘speculation’ is pretty cut and dry. Unless you are an eye witness, YOU are speculating. Word of mouth is not proof.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2022
    That was the announced attendance. The above picture is of the north stands. The south stands were even more sparse. I'd be shocked if there were in reality 30k in attendance. Still not horrible, but nothing special. The real number is about 25k in my opinion.

That was the announced attendance. The above picture is of the north stands. The south stands were even more sparse. I'd be shocked if there were in reality 30k in attendance. Still not horrible, but nothing special. The real number is about 25k in my opinion.

Lol the fuck it was that low.

I understand shitting on our fanbase but there definitely was over 30k minimum there.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Hell, if I lived in Eugene, I'd go -- and I'm a Husky. What the fuck else is there to do there besides smoke weed and talk shit?

Lil Piss actually asked me to take him to the Duck spring game. If it was a 1 hr drive instead of 2.5 I might have gone.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    DucksFC said:

Unless YOU have proof in HAND...it’s speculation for YOU. ‘Those who know’....meaning YOU are not a ‘THOSE’. I didn’t create the English language but ‘speculation’ is pretty cut and dry. Unless you are an eye witness, YOU are speculating. Word of mouth is not proof.

This is my fav copypasta here
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    LawDawg1 said:

DucksFC said:

I understand shitting on our fanbase but there definitely was over 30k minimum there.
    Nothing better than seeing two quacks duck it out on a UW-hating bored.
    I feel like two ducks quack it out is better phrasing

LawDawg1 said:

DucksFC said:

Nothing better than seeing two quacks duck it out on a UW-hating bored.
    I feel like two ducks quack it out is better phrasing
    *quack it up