Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gets better...

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

To be fair she technically graduated from Stanford and did the “co founder” thing before the UW MBA…. Not sure if that makes it better or worse

Worse

Vast majority of people don’t go from leaving a MBA program to being a CEO … lots of business lessons to learn along the way
    In a certain sense, this is like Nike hiring someone fresh out of business school and putting them in charge of the marketing dept. It would be unfathomable.
    Directionally correct

It isn’t a stretch that Nike hires someone fresh out of a MBA program with strong credentials to a decent level position with a fast track opportunity for promotion

Where the person coming out of a MBA program with limited experience is going to fall short is in terms of managing people and processes because those aren’t the things you learn in school per se

It wouldn’t shock me at all if Emmy is technically gifted … but I’d be surprised if she’s properly nuanced for her role
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022

Tequilla said:

To be fair she technically graduated from Stanford and did the “co founder” thing before the UW MBA…. Not sure if that makes it better or worse

Worse

Vast majority of people don’t go from leaving a MBA program to being a CEO … lots of business lessons to learn along the way
    In a certain sense, this is like Nike hiring someone fresh out of business school and putting them in charge of the marketing dept. It would be unfathomable.
    But what if she convinces Uncle Bill to put up $50 million. Ever think of that?

Maybe that's what gets UW to the 2025 championship in your hypothetical.

If my uncle was the top 10 richest people in the world UW wouldn't lose a game.
    I'd rather not see UW handed $50 million so the enlightened chicks running rhe AD can spread it "equitably" and "ethically" amongst all sports programs.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Embarassing. Fuck Jen.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,130
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Worse

I'd rather not see UW handed $50 million so the enlightened chicks running rhe AD can spread it "equitably" and "ethically" amongst all sports programs.
    But all of our student athletes deserve a wonderful experience
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,560
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    @RaceBannon "But all of our student athletes deserve a wonderful experience"

And I hear that they are having one...
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Worse

Directionally correct

It isn’t a stretch that Nike hires someone fresh out of a MBA program with strong credentials to a decent level position with a fast track opportunity for promotion

Where the person coming out of a MBA program with limited experience is going to fall short is in terms of managing people and processes because those aren’t the things you learn in school per se

It wouldn’t shock me at all if Emmy is technically gifted … but I’d be surprised if she’s properly nuanced for her role
    Why would you need to manage? Just claim that the people who don't like you are sexist and or bigoted and boot em out

Case closed

Problem solved
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,258
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We are stacking Regattas like cordwood! Peter Puffer @YellowSnow
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,801
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW continuously finds new ways to make me care less. It’s the most impressive thing about our program
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2022
    Bill is too focused on nobler endeavors, e.g., depopulating the earth, etc.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Worse

You’d have your work cut out for you if your uncle was anything like Bill Gates.

At least Paul Allen enjoyed sports and competition.

Bill Gates would have been perfect in the movie, Revenge of the Nerds.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Worse

I'd rather UW win
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

That looks like The Unfuckables
  • Options

dannarc said:

That looks like The Unfuckables
    It will be played after every UW touchdown on the jumbo tron in 2025
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,130
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

When Jen and Karen read Hardcorehusky.com

I've heard that recruits read these boreds, then they all LEAVE
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    They spelled cunts wrong.
    Baseman said:

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022
    dannarc said:

We are stacking Regattas like cordwood! Peter Puffer @YellowSnow

We don’t need your gay ass NIL money to win natties. We were rich AF before NIL!!

Pea patch Husky Stadium already at let the Olympic sports be club teams.