Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gets better...

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
edited April 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board

Give it up for your Director and GM of NIL at UW. Fresh off graduation Emmy is in charge of signing the elite of the elite. Players now have agents and Emmy, fresh off graduation from the Foster Bus School, will run point on negotiations.

Also, those snazzy $100 Montlake Futures hats. All proceeds go into a pool and will be split among ALL UW athletes. Soccer, Lax, and on and on.

Here's Emmys take on paying high school recruits...(Spoiler: She's doing it the RIGHT way)

"We’re not going to do stuff like that,” says Emmy Armintrout, the executive director and general manager of Montlake Futures, Washington’s independent donor collective, asked specifically about the QB deal. “And we’re not going to compete with that. That’s never really been our lane, anyway, even pre-NIL. … I want to create something that’s sustainable, and that builds on Washington’s strategic position in the college marketplace already.”

That, friends, is all you need to know.

Comments

• Options
    ForeskinWalletDawgForeskinWalletDawg Member Posts: 238
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    Jen is so fucking arrogant
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,974
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gerberding gets the last laugh
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You hate to see it
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The word "sustainable" has become, for me, one of the most disgusting and corrupt words in the English language

The idea and intention isn’t bad

But the practice and execution of it often misses the mark … which is true in how the UW AD uses the term
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Cohen should have been taken out with the trash . . . Her only hope is that DeBoer is a Chip Kelly-type hire.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

The word "sustainable" has become, for me, one of the most disgusting and corrupt words in the English language

The idea and intention isn’t bad

But the practice and execution of it often misses the mark … which is true in how the UW AD uses the term
    That's the allure
    But it's always politicized
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 2022
    This is one of the most discouraging threads I've seen, in a decade full of discouraging threads.

The only way out is a 10-win season with a NY6 bowl win. Anything less and it's over.

And even if DeBoer does win 10 games, it's probably still over long-term, without the proper infrastructure and ethos to win
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

Cohen should have been taken out with the trash . . . Her only hope is that DeBoer is a Chip Kelly-type hire.

Yep, who's running a offense that was hot 10 years ago in their concept of 4 wide, ball out of qb's hand in less than two seconds. Today more schools use it as eye candy to keep defenses from being able to stack the box and run it.

Every year there's at least one game in late October/November I sit thru at Husky Stadium where throwing the ball is a bitch b/c of the weather. Last year was 3. At first I lamented that as how bad is it going to suck to lose the North b/c of that game.

But then I realized you have to actually be in the race for that to matter.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Give it up for your Director and GM of NIL at UW. Fresh off graduation Emmy is in charge of signing the elite of the elite. Players now have agents and Emmy, fresh off graduation from the Foster Bus School, will run point on negotiations.

Also, those snazzy $100 Montlake Futures hats. All proceeds go into a pool and will be split among ALL UW athletes. Soccer, Lax, and on and on.

Here's Emmys take on paying high school recruits...(Spoiler: She's doing it the RIGHT way)

"We’re not going to do stuff like that,” says Emmy Armintrout, the executive director and general manager of Montlake Futures, Washington’s independent donor collective, asked specifically about the QB deal. “And we’re not going to compete with that. That’s never really been our lane, anyway, even pre-NIL. … I want to create something that’s sustainable, and that builds on Washington’s strategic position in the college marketplace already.”

Her only redeeming quality is the dog.

How in the fuck do you hire someone in such an important role who just graduated from business school? I read the Athletic article and at first I didn’t catch her first name and thought it was a dude.

These dumb mother fuckers are so worried about equality and Title IV that they’re willing to endanger both the short and long term success of the football program which is probably the only money maker for the AD. 2 of Jen’s biggest hires/appointments in NIL have been a Duck who likes to bake, promote womens sports and didn’t a fan of UW and this Emmy lady who looks like she has no clue about sports, what matters to players or matters to fans

Fuck them all. Fuck me for being a fan of a pussy program and guck you for reading this shitty nacho cheese rage poast.
    This post is so true and spot on I think it's worth a repeat
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

How do 400 student athletes split the 20 pizzas total they are going to be able to buy when they all pool their proceeds from ML?