Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sterling banned for life!

Good move by Silver. You had to get this clown out of the league. He's had a history of racial shit that has been ignored for far too long.

Also kudos to Lisa Guerrero who you might remember from Play Boy or best damn sports show period for asking basically why now? Why was this ignored all these years?!

For that I'll leave you this pic of Lisa.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Agree. A quick, decisive decision and now we can get back to basketball.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Agree. A quick, decisive decision and now we can get back to basketball.

Yes he knows this is the best postseason we've had since 1993(Go back and look at that postseason that is the holy grail of NBA postseasons). He wants the focus to be on that instead of some jackass racist clown.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It would be interesting to see if Sterling sues. If not, that would be interesting.
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It would be interesting to see if Sterling sues. If not, that would be interesting.

Next step in the process is arbitration as far as dealing with Silver and the NBA owners. (heard on radio show). Legal beagles on Mike and Mike and Dan Patrick show opined that he can file a suit, but would not be successful.

Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Seems like a massive overstep to me. Silver trying to show his power reminiscent of Goodell coming in flexing his muscles with player suspensions. It backfired on Goodell, my guess is this backfires too. Sterling should sue the shit out of the NBA.
  • Options

Next step in the process is arbitration as far as dealing with Silver and the NBA owners. (heard on radio show). Legal beagles on Mike and Mike and Dan Patrick show opined that he can file a suit, but would not be successful.

Either way it will be interesting.
    He'd be best to just go away, sell the franchise, collect your billion plus dollars in the sell and be grateful you made a great business decision back in 1981 when he bought the franchise.

Bought it for 13 million and will receive over a billion for it. He won't lose any sleep at all.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    DNC,

You can definitely argue about there being a massive overstep by Silver.

HOWEVER, if the rules and options exist in the League Constitution, then there is the legal standing in place. I'd imagine that the NBA Legal Counsel was consulted on this to make sure that Silver was within his right as Commish.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Seems like a massive overstep to me. Silver trying to show his power reminiscent of Goodell coming in flexing his muscles with player suspensions. It backfired on Goodell, my guess is this backfires too. Sterling should sue the shit out of the NBA.

Silver is a lawyer so I'm sure he made sure everything was legal in his punishment. Hence him saying "He'll be fined 2.5 million which is the maximum allowed". He also answered a question about it's in there legally to do this.

Also kudos to Guerrero for making herself relevant again with the question. Bimbo's like Erin Andrews should learn something from her. That you can be attractive and a good reporter. Andrews has the attractive part down but the good reporter she's not.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This is pretty much a win/win for both parties. Silver gets to look TUFF!!! By "banning" him from the NBA and fining him for close to 1/400th of what he will probably sell the team for lol.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

I don't think Silver is trying to show his power. He's trying to make sure he doesn't lose the league. Player revolt was coming if he didn't hammer Sterling. You and Cuban can cry about the precedent all you want but if they had lost the players the league was in deep deep shit. If players started sitting out games it would be a disaster that would take decades to fix.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I don't think Silver is trying to show his power. He's trying to make sure he doesn't lose the league. Player revolt was coming if he didn't hammer Sterling. You and Cuban can cry about the precedent all you want but if they had lost the players the league was in deep deep shit. If players started sitting out games it would be a disaster that would take decades to fix.

Depends on how serious the players were. I doubt a two year suspension and max fine would have resulted in player revolt, but I suppose I could be wrong.

The NBA comes off real hypocritical in all this IMHO. They ignored the Sterling problem for years but once it becomes a media spectacle all of a sudden they ban him for life?

The lesson, as always, fuck David Stern.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,543
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I still don't understand the end game - the NBA can force him to sell his assets?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

When did Hugh Millen hack dnc's account?
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Sven needs to post the NBA by-laws/constitution. According to my attorney, there are some major holes that will be exploited in this case. Not a Sterling fan myself, but this is a money grab - follow the cash flow

You think his skanky girlfriend and TMZ did this for altruistic purposes?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Sven needs to post the NBA by-laws/constitution. According to my attorney, there are some major holes that will be exploited in this case. Not a Sterling fan myself, but this is a money grab - follow the cash flow

You think his skanky girlfriend and TMZ did this for altruistic purposes?

I'd post it, but they keep most of the shit under wraps because fuck David Stern.

There is this though:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/07/09/2008042462.pdf
  • Options
    QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Race (away) does it again!
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

The players like money. They won't revolt a fucking thing. A couple weeks it's over.

These cock suckers act like peoples lives were actually affected. They weren't. At all
    This. The only reason players and Doc Rivers act all fucking freaked out is because they are scared of the picture the media might portray if they don't feed them the liberal cookie cutter answer they are looking for.

Doc Rivers and all the players were completely aware that Sterling was a racist before, this isn't anything fucking new.

I am fine with the ban since this dude pretty much was asking for it for a long time. However, I think it is fucked up that he is just forced to sell something that is his.