Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Woof

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Here is my glass half full take. Hopefully these "off the radar guys" like Rogers and Reynolds are the kids that DeBoer and staff evaluated while at Fresno, praying that they could keep the P12 from noticing. The kind of kids that get swooped away late in the cycle as the big schools filled out their roster. Kevin King and Azeem Victor were both MW bound until late P12 offers. Hopefully these are players like that. We always wonder how so many good/great players slip through the P12 and end up starring at MW schools. If DeBoer wants to claim all the kids he was hoping to claim at Fresno, hoping that bigger schools would continue to be blind to them, then I'm okay with it for his first full class. As long as he incrementally steps up his recruiting as time goes by. I don't know, I want to be positive because Jimmy and his staff are gone. I'll wait until I see results on the field before I go full on dark.

Sounds like you care.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Chico career stats. What a joke. Can't wait for this kid to give us 1 catch a game if he's the next Chico.

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Here is my glass half full take. Hopefully these "off the radar guys" like Rogers and Reynolds are the kids that DeBoer and staff evaluated while at Fresno, praying that they could keep the P12 from noticing. The kind of kids that get swooped away late in the cycle as the big schools filled out their roster. Kevin King and Azeem Victor were both MW bound until late P12 offers. Hopefully these are players like that. We always wonder how so many good/great players slip through the P12 and end up starring at MW schools. If DeBoer wants to claim all the kids he was hoping to claim at Fresno, hoping that bigger schools would continue to be blind to them, then I'm okay with it for his first full class. As long as he incrementally steps up his recruiting as time goes by. I don't know, I want to be positive because Jimmy and his staff are gone. I'll wait until I see results on the field before I go full on dark.

Sounds like you care.
    I thought of all those words as well. Give me my full due!
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086
    The comparison is because he’s short.

I’ve also seen our UVA RB compared to every Polynesian running back that’s ever existed.

But seriously, he’s the next Roy Helu.
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

NEsnake12 said:

Does DeBoer realize he isn't coaching at Fresno St anymore?

Doesn't look like it the way they are recruiting.
    They aren’t even recruiting 4 stars ?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,445
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chico was a good player on a loaded team and was never the same after his 2017 injury in Boulder.

He single handedly (I guess KB's play was impactful too) ended the Sun Doovil streak.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,445
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

Does DeBoer realize he isn't coaching at Fresno St anymore?

Doesn't look like it the way they are recruiting.
    We have, what 3-4 players in this class? Plus the new transfer portal rules change the gayme. lipo
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Had some free time and found some film of Taulapapa. His running style kinda reminds me of McGrew, but he is bigger.

Some highlights from 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njJF-6LEXAw

Virginia's win over Miami in 2021, he has some good runs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCJxY7Bta-A

The McGrew comp is pretty spot on.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Had some free time and found some film of Taulapapa. His running style kinda reminds me of McGrew, but he is bigger.

Some highlights from 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njJF-6LEXAw

Virginia's win over Miami in 2021, he has some good runs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCJxY7Bta-A

The McGrew comp is pretty spot on.
    The guy is pretty slow but he can break tackles and he gets to the hole. He works in a spread type system and knows what he's supposed to do.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sounds like we got Will Nixon, a 5'10" 180 lb WR transfer from Nebraska. In 2 years for the Cornhuskers, Will racked up 5 yards on 1 reception and had 1 season ending injury.

Havent heard yet if he'll be playing the Chico role
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,836
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Sounds like we got Will Nixon, a 5'10" 180 lb WR transfer from Nebraska. In 2 years for the Cornhuskers, Will racked up 5 yards on 1 reception and had 1 season ending injury.

DeBoer must really love 5-10/180 WRs.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Measured and rational takes are for dickheads. Not HH material. If I gave two fucks anymore I would be completely freaking out.
    I’m ashamed I wrote that. It was a moment of weakness for me. This team and program and coaching staff are DOOMED!!! I’ll be better. I promise.