Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Black eye for Oregon imo

https://www.ocregister.com/2022/03/29/norm-chow-former-ucla-assistant-coach-adrian-klemm-wanted-to-punish-a-player/

Norm Chow says Klemm was beating his players.

Hopefully Oregon fires him and throws a small fortune at Scott Huff to keep the "recruiting dream team" intact

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Glad the coaching staff is serious about football.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    Petros fucking crushed Oregon's staff choices yesterday.

Beat down twice in 2 weeks by the U.S.S. Mountain West gives him pause about Oregon's roster. Utah was as weak of a conference champion as 2020's champ was.

But yeah. Serious about football because they hired a staff with no experience. lol
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    haie said:

Beat down twice in 2 weeks by the U.S.S. Mountain West gives him pause about Oregon's roster. Utah was as weak of a conference champion as 2020's champ was.

But yeah. Serious about football because they hired a staff with no experience. lol

I’m LIPO on this one. Kind of like how most of you were about Jimmy until the Montana game.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I’m LIPO on this one. Kind of like how most of you were about Jimmy until the Montana game.
    I also suspect that the Oregon staff is poorly assembled and won't work out very well. I'm going to hold off rubbing it in until my suspicion actually bears out on the field though.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,869

Social media numbers like that are meaningless. You want followers you don't even have to talk with a person at Twitter or Instagram, you just buy them. I guess it does show that a school is putting in effort into that but that's about it. I assuming buying kids followers on social media is a conversation that takes place a lot in NIL talks now. There was a player on UW's roster last year who had an incredibly inordinate amount of followers on Instagram.

Win games and no one gives a fuck.

I love Petros. He's about the only semi-national media guy who seems to actually appear that he might watch Pac-12 games and doesn't just regurgitate programs' press release talking points, particularly with one school in particularly.
    Petros voice annoys me but he actually is a pac guy so I allow it
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,630 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

haie said:

I also suspect that the Oregon staff is poorly assembled and won't work out very well. I'm going to hold off rubbing it in until my suspicion actually bears out on the field though.
    chuck said:

haie said:

We* all thought the same about Chip Kelly, especially after the BSU debacle.

Whoops. LIPO is always the answer.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

whlinder said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

I'm pretty sure Chip's staff was that group of guys who had been at Oregon since like the 80s which was a great move given he was an unproven commodity and a weirdo.
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,309
    a couple of our? guys could've used it after the first Utah game
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,022

whlinder said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

whlinder said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

I'm pretty sure Chip's staff was that group of guys who had been at Oregon since like the 80s which was a great move given he was an unproven commodity and a weirdo.
    You mean like the vaunted Nick Aliotti and that guy who was the running backs coach forever? Those guys? I'm guessing, because that's all I can do, that those guys weren't the difference between Kelly working out and Kelly not working out.

It's always LIPO even when that's not the answer you want.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    You nailed it Creep in your first paragraph.

When Kelly became Head Coach, he fired two coaches, Robin Pflugrad, WR Coach, and
    edited April 2022
    trublue said:

When Kelly became Head Coach, he fired two coaches, Robin Pflugrad, WR Coach, and

The Kelly situation was pretty atypical. There was going to be stability, some shitty coaching, but it didn't matter because CK had an offensive system that made up for all of that.

I doubt that happens again anytime soon.

SC's coach is the closest situation.
    haie said:

trublue said:

The Kelly situation was pretty atypical. There was going to be stability, some shitty coaching, but it didn't matter because CK had an offensive system that made up for all of that.

Sounds like something a cuog would say

haie said:

trublue said:

Sounds like something a cuog would say
    A cuog would drool and then bring up the Apple Cup and then drool some more.
    The creep knows
  • LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323

The creep knows

That creep can roll, man
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited April 2022
    haie said:

trublue said:

You don’t know shit about the Kelly situation . . . He also vastly improved the defense by bringing in his own guy as D-Line coach and Azzinaro became the defacto defensive coordinator while that douche Aliotti was given the credit.

He also brought in Scott Frost as WR Coach.

Huge upgrades and improved recruiting.

Many other things you are clueless about . . .