Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sports radio KJR 950 AM is selling the couch

Comments

• Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I rarely turn to the Seattle sports radio in the morning but I will if a upcoming season is coming up... When did chuck & buck get a chick on the radio? Both this show and salk are almost unlistenable but I don't need to listen to chicks on my sports talk. She brought up how it's not a big deal Phil was missing the Master's because "No one is really there to watch him and what has he really done latley? Bitch, the guy was the oldest to win a Major last year and was wearing Avaitor's with the gallery 30 deep on every hole.

Not that a chick should know anything about Men's golf... But most don't know much on most topics. They force-feed the female announcer on sports games now but I really don't need it on my sports talk radio. Such better national options.... The seattle sports talk is just pathetic.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,171
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    LaZoris said:

I rarely turn to the Seattle sports radio in the morning but I will if a upcoming season is coming up... When did chuck & buck get a chick on the radio? Both this show and salk are almost unlistenable but I don't need to listen to chicks on my sports talk. She brought up how it's not a big deal Phil was missing the Master's because "No one is really there to watch him and what has he really done latley? Bitch, the guy was the oldest to win a Major last year and was wearing Avaitor's with the gallery 30 deep on every hole.

Not that a chick should know anything about Men's golf... But most don't know much on most topics. They force-feed the female announcer on sports games now but I really don't need it on my sports talk radio. Such better national options.... The seattle sports talk is just pathetic.

Ashley Ryan has been in and out of that station for years. She is a producer that replaced Slick Hawk. Claims to be a Husky fan but went to USC during the glory days of Pete so she’s really a Trojan at heart
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,733
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The model for sports talk now is a woman moderator

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,266
    Founders Club

Yes I noticed that too about 2-3 years ago.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Not in Memphis.

All male hosts and moderators.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,733
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Not in Memphis.

Skip and Shannon and the rest of the FS1 shows all do

I assume ESPN still does

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,266
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Not in Memphis.

What's with the labels, man?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,602
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Not in Memphis.

The way God intended.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Wayne Cody Sportsline 1975 KIRO radio

Seattle was also among the first to go all sports like WFAN in New York. The 91 huskies had KJR sports talk

Fatuous Sports Babe among others

It was a good run until Ty killed it like everything else

I was living in PS when the Fab Sports Babe was making a splash. I recall her calling Portland "the plumbers butt of America." She was psychic. Gas & Groz were worth the listen. There is NO sports radio in PDX. It died at birth.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    The best local sports radio in Seattle history was the T-Man on 950 KJR prior to his jump over to KUBE. It was great because almost none of the talk focused on sports.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,171
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

War on Women
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The best local sports radio in Seattle history was the T-Man on 950 KJR prior to his jump over to KUBE. It was great because almost none of the talk focused on sports.

If I remember correctly, it was he who crowned Dave Mohler as “Softy.”

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,901
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LaZoris said:

That's Ashley.

Promoted from traffic girl to on-air talent. I don't care for it, and you can tell Chuck hates it. They're probably trying to pull in more women for advertising but that show sucks now. It was alright for a while. I listen to hot right wing talk, oldies, and "Mix" station now. The sports station here went full woke and fired their best host because he dared call out Black Lies Matter. Stupid fags...
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,957

LaZoris said:

That's Ashley.

Promoted from traffic girl to on-air talent. I don't care for it, and you can tell Chuck hates it. They're probably trying to pull in more women for advertising but that show sucks now. It was alright for a while. I listen to hot right wing talk, oldies, and "Mix" station now. The sports station here went full woke and fired their best host because he dared call out Black Lies Matter. Stupid fags...
    Does she have a nice rack?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,378
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What is this "radio" you all speak of? Join the 21st century. Listen to good stuff. Radio? FFS
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    TheHB said:

What is this "radio" you all speak of? Join the 21st century. Listen to good stuff. Radio? FFS

Old man yells at other old man yelling at cloud.png
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Eh. 28 minute drive to work. Am I going to listen to long-form podcasts each way that take 3 days to finish (while more pile up behind), or just catch the local/national sports update in the AM and world news shit in the PM? Radio has a place and always will.