Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sports radio KJR 950 AM is selling the couch

13»

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

When she didn't know what to ask, she would ask me to give her a question. So I said, "Last year the Houston Veer offense gave us a little bit of trouble in the first half. As if he's concerned about the Houston Veer."

So Wayne Cody says, "Jenny from Bellevue, you're on with Coach James."

My sister goes, "Yes, last year you really struggled against Houston. Do you think you'll struggle again?"

Coach James goes, "Well Jenny we beat Houston by four touchdowns, so that was plenty good enough for me. Our fans certainly have high expectations."

Also, there was one time, Wayne Cody was interviewing a bowler. They took four calls -- three of them coming from "Jenny from Bellevue".

and just like that, another hch meme was born.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,378
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

What is this "radio" you all speak of? Join the 21st century. Listen to good stuff. Radio? FFS

Eh. 28 minute drive to work. Am I going to listen to long-form podcasts each way that take 3 days to finish (while more pile up behind), or just catch the local/national sports update in the AM and world news shit in the PM? Radio has a place and always will.
    Are 20 of those 28 minutes still DUI lawyer and 1-877-Kars4Kids commercials?
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

What is this "radio" you all speak of? Join the 21st century. Listen to good stuff. Radio? FFS

Eh. 28 minute drive to work. Am I going to listen to long-form podcasts each way that take 3 days to finish (while more pile up behind), or just catch the local/national sports update in the AM and world news shit in the PM? Radio has a place and always will.
    To KJR’s credit, they kept those Hitlerian KKK evil jingles to a minimum. They had a producer do a live promotion instead.

That shit is evil. If I hear KKK cars for KKKids jingle commercial, I stop the podcast or change the radio station. Hour ban minimum.

Mike Salk Shitty Sports Radio 710 Seattle was on ban list for awhile due to this evil.

Any advertiser who followed those commercials the last decade has good ground for a lawsuit.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,602
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

No, but if one station goes to commercials I have another dozen options to flip to via Sirius.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    Standard Supporter

LaZoris said:

That's Ashley.

Promoted from traffic girl to on-air talent. I don't care for it, and you can tell Chuck hates it. They're probably trying to pull in more women for advertising but that show sucks now. It was alright for a while. I listen to hot right wing talk, oldies, and "Mix" station now. The sports station here went full woke and fired their best host because he dared call out Black Lies Matter. Stupid fags...
    The mainstream daytime radio shows may have one woman who tries to talk sports... But that's really ESPN and Fox. I consider those daytime radio shows like the View or GMA. Would have to kill myself to listen to that for more than 5 minutes. Only thing I would ever tune into on ESPN is PTI. The Sports reporters were a great sunday show before everything went woke.

But tons of other weekday morning radio didn't sell out to add a woman. Rome, Schein on Sports. DA Show and a lot more. You can find them on any radio app in your play store.

I listen at night to guys like JT the Brick and the JR Show. No chicks. My Favorite night radio show by far for years was Ferrall on the bench with Scott Ferrall. He just told it like it was. Sadly, he sold out and went to the Sports Grid TV network and focuses on betting games.

I found out about him by watching the movie "Big Fan" about a obsessed NY Giants fan who calls his nightly sports talk show.

Great underrated movie about a psycho fan and sports talk and perfect at 90 minutes:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228953/

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

LaZoris said:

I rarely turn to the Seattle sports radio in the morning but I will if a upcoming season is coming up... When did chuck & buck get a chick on the radio? Both this show and salk are almost unlistenable but I don't need to listen to chicks on my sports talk. She brought up how it's not a big deal Phil was missing the Master's because "No one is really there to watch him and what has he really done latley? Bitch, the guy was the oldest to win a Major last year and was wearing Avaitor's with the gallery 30 deep on every hole.

Not that a chick should know anything about Men's golf... But most don't know much on most topics. They force-feed the female announcer on sports games now but I really don't need it on my sports talk radio. Such better national options.... The seattle sports talk is just pathetic.

That's Ashley.

Promoted from traffic girl to on-air talent. I don't care for it, and you can tell Chuck hates it. They're probably trying to pull in more women for advertising but that show sucks now. It was alright for a while. I listen to hot right wing talk, oldies, and "Mix" station now. The sports station here went full woke and fired their best host because he dared call out Black Lies Matter. Stupid fags...
    Does she have a nice rack?
    No idea

6/10

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TheHB said:

Speed them up to 1.5 or 2x. All pods are way too long.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Seattle sports radio sucks dead dick. I can't stand the shitheads on both stations
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,602
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Seattle sports radio sucks dead dick. I can't stand the shitheads on both stations

If you want to hear anything about UW football you're forced to tolerate Softy and Hugh. That's it, so that's what I'll listen to. Sad, but true.