Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If DeBoer wants fans to get excited and show up

2»

Comments

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    What percentage of kids who are handed a boatload of cash and merchandise will decide to retire? Not retire in the true sense of the word, but retire in the sense that they don't have as much motivation to be the best (18- to 22-year-old males can be pretty fucking stupid). You see it in professional sports all the time -- when that first lucrative contract is signed -- and now that college football is truly a professional sport, how will the fucktards continue to be motivated in years two and three?

Hookers and blow have ruined many a life.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    Stepping stone job for when SDSU opens up. That's Dakota, not Diego.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,615 Founders Club
    trublue said:

MelloDawg said:

This is why I’m done with college football and didn’t renew my season tickets. I want my coaches to focus on fucking coaching, not how to pay a bunch of 18 year old turds who haven’t done Jack shit yet.

Christ.

What do you think the essence of recruiting has always been?
    Showcasing the graduation rate for UW football and the world class education they can receive at Montlake?

All I know is that if I needed surgery, I’m happy to be operated on by a UW football player.
    How about your last Rose Bowl winning team (2001)?

Jeramy Stevens, Jeremiah Pharms et al.

Kudos to the dude that taught Swahili that year to many of the UW football players! Up to 12 credit hours. (See Seattle Times series on that glorious group of gridiron heroes).

I hate her

#metoo

Who hired her?

Seriously!

You hate losing, Bill.

Nothing the matter with that . . . Especially when it’s fixable.
    Fixable...the woke bullshit is like running a 100 yard dash with two five pound weights attached to your ankles

This program isn't serious. I think it was four or five years ago in spite of itself, but it sure isn't now.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022

haie said:

This is why I’m done with college football and didn’t renew my season tickets. I want my coaches to focus on fucking coaching, not how to pay a bunch of 18 year old turds who haven’t done Jack shit yet.

Christ.

I don’t think NIL era recruiting is akin to recruiting 20 or 30 years ago. Yes, bag men have always been a thing but this seems like completely different territory.
    Because now it's not enough to privately contact the parents. You have to announce to everyone how and what you're paying with the amount of offers being thrown out now. And how you're building their kid's brand without the kid having to do anything.
    Really makes me want to spend my coin on these turds.
    If I were you I wouldn't be driving/flying up for games anyways. Lots of other stuff around you to spend your money on. But that's a different thread altogether.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

Christ.

This is why NIL won’t end up being that important. Yeah, star QB’s and other superstar players will get paid. Just wait for people to spend big money on overrated, touted recruits and see if they continue to funnel players money. Same for schools paying the players and perpetually being 8-4, 9-3 type teams.

It will end up star players getting paid and everyone else getting peanuts. The teams down South ain’t with Ohio State will stay the top teams. Nothing has really changed. Dorks like Brandon Huffman are always wrong. Him saying NiL is important because recruits are talking about it. The recruits and their families are all mostly morons and end up disappointed. Most of them have overinflated views of themselves compared to their actual value.
    Agree with this long term. This isn't basketball.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,118 Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

Christ.

I don’t think NIL era recruiting is akin to recruiting 20 or 30 years ago. Yes, bag men have always been a thing but this seems like completely different territory.
    Because now it's not enough to privately contact the parents. You have to announce to everyone how and what you're paying with the amount of offers being thrown out now. And how you're building their kid's brand without the kid having to do anything.
    Really makes me want to spend my coin on these turds.
    If I were you I wouldn't be driving/flying up for games anyways. Lots of other stuff around you to spend your money on. But that's a different thread altogether.
    If the @Passion was still there I would have kept my season tickets and flown up for 3 to 4 games a year. Not a major expense for something you’re into.

Maybe if DeBoner doesn’t suck, I’ll stub hub it and take lil piss snow for 1 game, although a Hawks vs Rams game is his true dream.

Hell, I should just go to Didneyland and watch #MyBolts !
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,668 Founders Club

Then he needs to take over the NIL program and start competing with the Oregons and Alabamas. Plant those seeds to move the needle.

One of those things isn’t like the other. Oregon to Bama is like comparing a USFL team to the LA Rams.
    Oregon and Bama are much more alike in the NIL realm than are UW and Bama