Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If DeBoer wants fans to get excited and show up

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,668 Founders Club
Then he needs to take over the NIL program and start competing with the Oregons and Alabamas. Plant those seeds to move the needle.

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,596 Founders Club

Then he needs to take over the NIL program and start competing with the Oregons and Alabamas. Plant those seeds to move the needle.

Drunk posting by 5pm?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

This is why I’m done with college football and didn’t renew my season tickets. I want my coaches to focus on fucking coaching, not how to pay a bunch of 18 year old turds who haven’t done Jack shit yet.

Christ.

What do you think the essence of recruiting has always been?
    If we’re paying people to run a NIL program and effectively have a GM in the program, then they need to do their jobs

If we’re relying on the HC to wave around his resume, etc then we needed to cut the biggest check possible for the biggest name possible … I doubt that was DeBoer
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,596 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

This is why I’m done with college football and didn’t renew my season tickets. I want my coaches to focus on fucking coaching, not how to pay a bunch of 18 year old turds who haven’t done Jack shit yet.

Christ.

If we’re paying people to run a NIL program and effectively have a GM in the program, then they need to do their jobs

If we’re relying on the HC to wave around his resume, etc then we needed to cut the biggest check possible for the biggest name possible … I doubt that was DeBoer
    Hey man, we have Karen Ramming
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022

Christ.

Showcasing the graduation rate for UW football and the world class education they can receive at Montlake?

All I know is that if I needed surgery, I’m happy to be operated on by a UW football player.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,668 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Christ.

If you're the head coach and you're watching the NIL program being run into the ground, you're going to exert your influence if you're worth anything as a leader.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited March 2022
    MelloDawg said:

Christ.

Showcasing the graduation rate for UW football and the world class education they can receive at Montlake?

All I know is that if I needed surgery, I’m happy to be operated on by a UW football player.
    How about your last Rose Bowl winning team (2001)?

Jeramy Stevens, Jeremiah Pharms et al.

Kudos to the dude that taught Swahili that year to many of the UW football players! Up to 12 credit hours. (See Seattle Times series on that glorious group of gridiron heroes).

I hate her

#metoo

Who hired her?

Seriously!

You hate losing, Bill.

Nothing the matter with that . . . Especially when it’s fixable.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042

Tequilla said:

Christ.

If you're the head coach and you're watching the NIL program being run into the ground, you're going to exert your influence if you're worth anything as a leader.
    What is Pete’s role at UW?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,118 Founders Club
    edited March 2022

Christ.

I don’t think NIL era recruiting is akin to recruiting 20 or 30 years ago. Yes, bag men have always been a thing but this seems like completely different territory.

And there was always the threat of the hammer coming down from playing dirty- e.g., Reggie Bush
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

Christ.

I don’t think NIL era recruiting is akin to recruiting 20 or 30 years ago. Yes, bag men have always been a thing but this seems like completely different territory.
    Because now it's not enough to privately contact the parents. You have to announce to everyone how and what you're paying with the amount of offers being thrown out now. And how you're building their kid's brand without the kid having to do anything.
    haie said:

Christ.

Because now it's not enough to privately contact the parents. You have to announce to everyone how and what you're paying with the amount of offers being thrown out now. And how you're building their kid's brand without the kid having to do anything.
    Really makes me want to spend my coin on these turds.
    edited March 2022
    Tequilla said:

Christ.

NFL > College Football.

Why are we trying to shoe horn in professional compensation into institutions designed for armature athletics?

Do NFL teams have row boat, softball, track, etc, that they have to manage?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,719 Swaye's Wigwam

Isn't that what Courtney Morgan is doing?
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

MelloDawg said:

Christ.

How about your last Rose Bowl winning team (2001)?

Jeramy Stevens, Jeremiah Pharms et al.

Kudos to the dude that taught Swahili that year to many of the UW football players! Up to 12 credit hours. (See Seattle Times series on that glorious group of gridiron heroes).

I hate her

#metoo

Who hired her?

Seriously!

You hate losing, Bill.

Nothing the matter with that . . . Especially when it’s fixable.
    I was there! On the field!
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,672 Standard Supporter
    Stalin needs to change the name of this place to HardCoreSeahawks - HardCoreProTalk - if we? all hate the Seahacks. Then we won't have to worry about NIL Ramming us
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

One of those things isn’t like the other. Oregon to Bama is like comparing a USFL team to the LA Rams.