Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Okay fellas! Here ya go!

What year of your life would you relive again if you could? And why?

Go!

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,869
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,796 Founders Club
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022

What year of your life would you relive again if you could? And why?

2016 I was in the deep of the 'startup' culture of hookers and blow and that whole lifestyle while getting a company off the ground. Portland was a party city and not what it is now. Portland radio was losing their collective minds about Washington gearing up for the playoffs and not being a 7 win loser for a change. Molden commitment had already broke them, but they were really fucked up by how that season went. Random quooks (had an alum who worked E Register Guard) getting in my face about how Pete was a paper tiger (I guess he was right, but still). But I could party anywhere in the city with husky gear and pop off.

2016 P12CG my sister invited me to a Duck viewing party in the Pearl District. It was really funny. For me. A lot of Bama fans there.

edit: there were a lot of random people I ran into that year who were telling me, 'I grew up in Washington, but lived in Eugene, and I rooted for the ducks but this just feels right with the Huskies being on top' A few were business owners of Ramen shops and bars even in NE.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’d go with my senior year at UW. For obvious reasons.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,615 Founders Club
    another tropical tranny thread

yay?
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think 2020 gets a bad rap.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912
    Probably 1992. If I could do it differently I would have kept on my path of schooling for Wildlife Biologist or Game Warden and stuck it out. Instead I took a local job to be ablet to be with my long time GF. (who later cheated on a taller me with the same name and interests." The money seemed good at the time but is peanuts now compared to what people in my desired occupations make. Not to mention the biggest benefit of being able to do a job that you actually enjoy. I was raised by a single mom and my dad was dead by then but even if he was alive he wouldnt have pushed me to dothe right thing. Family structure is important for guiding the younger generation in life decisions that will absolutely change the fabric of your life. I never had a dad or uncle to tell me how much of an idiot I was being and whoop my ass until I understood it. Dont let them fool you. The nuclear family is a solid foundation that needs to make a comeback.
  • SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 575 Standard Supporter
    1991. I let the love of my life get away because I was a dick. I wish I could get a redo.
    MelloDawg said:

November was sort of neat.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,219 Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

I’d like to go back when this Bored didn’t have stupid ass threads like this.

Off-season is the best season. 'Nuff said on that.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Where's the take it to the tug crowd now?

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Where's the take it to the tug crowd now?
    I don’t see a “Tug” on this website, you must be lost.
    It's the tug and will always be the tug

Naming rights are bullshit and there is no obligation to use them

Yes, that's a pet peeve on stadiums

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,796 Founders Club
    chuck said:

MelloDawg said:

Im not sure why this got so many downvotes but it must be an offshoot from the tug. It was eery but cool driving to the store on empty roads and parking in empty lots. The whole lock down thing was something like nothing else I've ever experienced. If more motherfuckers would stay home all the time I'd be a hapoier guy. I learned that.

I'd go with 1971 though. If i could do it all over id swim the other way and end up a stain on the sheet. Then I wouldn't be here posting in this stupid fucking thread.

chuck said:

MelloDawg said:

Im not sure why this got so many downvotes but it must be an offshoot from the tug. It was eery but cool driving to the store on empty roads and parking in empty lots. The whole lock down thing was something like nothing else I've ever experienced. If more motherfuckers would stay home all the time I'd be a hapoier guy. I learned that.

I'd go with 1971 though. If i could do it all over id swim the other way and end up a stain on the sheet. Then I wouldn't be here posting in this stupid fucking thread.
    I work in the downtown core and was there in June 2020. Truly bizarre indeed to see such a dearth of people and then have 75% of the ground floor windows boarded up.
    MelloDawg said:

chuck said:

MelloDawg said:

I work in the downtown core and was there in June 2020. Truly bizarre indeed to see such a dearth of people and then have 75% of the ground floor windows boarded up.
    Good times man

LA Freeways were full speed but a lot folks got fucked to make it so