Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best seats and worst seats you've had at Husky Stadium?

2»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    It’s better to watch at home. It’s cheaper and get beer is colder.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,399
    Reading this made me think back to the 85 game against Okie State, when Thurman Thomas dropped 237 on "us"...bought tickets from a scalper, 5 rows up behind Okie St bench...I shook hands with Lou Rawls ("yooooul never find"...) as he was leaving the field after singing the National Anthem...shitty seats, shitty game.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,567 Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

Best seats - Old HMB seats on the 50yd line

Worst seats - Old HMB Alumni seats on the track.

I was at Band Day with the Olympia Bear Marching Band in 72 or so. We got folding chairs on the track

I was pretty much the only band guy that actually wanted to watch the game

NERDS
    Did I know you were a band member?

I was there in the same capacity in the late 90s, don’t recall where I sat. Now, Band Day is a way to make the stands look full for a loss against Montana.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,975 Founders Club

It’s better to watch at home. It’s cheaper and get beer is colder.

But how will you seize up before the 4th quarter when the banner lights start relentlessly flashing with BECU ads?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,796 Founders Club

OLD HUSKY STADIUM

Best: Bought the basically "free" student tickets before I started at UW. I think they were like $10 a game. The old student section were the best seats in the house.

Worst: Then cause of being a row peter puffer I got the free seats in the student athlete section which was like Section 15 or 17 down by the end zone. Pretty shitty. Not @PurpleBaze give us your tired and pour immigrants @section8 shitty, but still pretty shitty.

Section 8 was best section. I met @TommySQC (RIP) there. @WhiskeyDawg was also near us.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Best seats - Old HMB seats on the 50yd line

Worst seats - Old HMB Alumni seats on the track.

I was at Band Day with the Olympia Bear Marching Band in 72 or so. We got folding chairs on the track

I was pretty much the only band guy that actually wanted to watch the game

NERDS
    Did I know you were a band member?

I was there in the same capacity in the late 90s, don’t recall where I sat. Now, Band Day is a way to make the stands look full for a loss against Montana.
    It's probably come up
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,370
    Section 7 was our season tickets
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,975 Founders Club
    Really surprised no one has mentioned section 14 yet
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,058 Founders Club
    booker14 said:

Worst: East end zone for '86 BYU game - bad seats great beat down of BYU, 1990 season tickets in the horseshoe about half way up looking straight down the north sideline - couldn't tell what was going on past about the 30 yard line.
    Best: 2006 Fresno game 50 yard line front row of north deck with great weather (got them on stub hub). Fresno missed an extra point in the 4th to lose the game. Also been in the Don James center with the boss's tickets a couple of times in 2016 and 17. Can't beat those seats but the games were so meh I don't remember which ones they were.

Didn’t Caesar Rayford block the Fresno PAT?