Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mariners projected starting 9 per Roto Site

2»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

chuck said:

When u say Oakland I assume u mean the Las Vegas a’s… IMO there isn’t anyone on that team we want to trade for with the exception of the thundering first base bat… our target really should be 5hat hard to get stable bat that is mature, has been the superstar (failed) and is now ready to be a proven steady talent to build around

bryant

Bryant isn't worth what he's going to get paid and committing that to him will hurt down the road. If he'd sign a two year deal then sure.

Chapman costs prospects but isn't a long term committment. Neither of them are a good investment long term.
    Would you do a 2 year deal with Bryant with a $5 million buyout for a 3rd year at $25 million?

In other words, a 2 year $40 million deal with a team option for a 3rd year at $25 million (and a $5 million buyout).
    Yeah that wouldn't be bad.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

chuck said:

When u say Oakland I assume u mean the Las Vegas a’s… IMO there isn’t anyone on that team we want to trade for with the exception of the thundering first base bat… our target really should be 5hat hard to get stable bat that is mature, has been the superstar (failed) and is now ready to be a proven steady talent to build around

bryant

Bryant isn't worth what he's going to get paid and committing that to him will hurt down the road. If he'd sign a two year deal then sure.

Chapman costs prospects but isn't a long term committment. Neither of them are a good investment long term.
    Would you do a 2 year deal with Bryant with a $5 million buyout for a 3rd year at $25 million?

In other words, a 2 year $40 million deal with a team option for a 3rd year at $25 million (and a $5 million buyout).
    I'd do it but I bet he commands more*

*unless the lockout takes out a significant portion of this season in which case, maybe.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    The Mariners are ass until they aren't
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    How bizarre is baseball in that the season is, in theory, a month away and top free agents still are unsigned. Baseball free agency is completely illogical.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Id rather have nelson cruz than donaldson personally if we are just looking for a bat ~ but im hoping for a 3rd baseman personally so Bryant is the choice from my perspective. Quality 3rd baseman are a rarity right now in MLB, so get one when you can is my thought.