Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mitchell Agude - DE - Transfer from UCLA

124»

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Can't wait to see how NIL progresses over the next few seasons.

I imagine some huge donors are going to get stung when they drop a million bucks on a few high 4 stars that can't crack the two deeps. The million dollar tOSU QB already transferred (to Sark of all people).

The talent pool remains the same and there are still only so many spots on the field at once. UW is obviously fucked in the recruiting market right now, but there is still a way to win on the field with the right coach in place. UW has never been a top-10 recruiting school.

Transfer portal will be crazy and where the smart money should be concentrated. If poaching through the portal of our top players we develop becomes commonplace burn the entire thing down, cause that's where we (P12/B12) will get slaughtered.

The P12 will get slaughtered
    We might not be far from SEC and Big 10 program poaching good Pac-12 players after they pop. The conference is so far behind I don't think it can ever really catch up and I feel like the three real power programs are all in a place where their move has to work out or they could easily die off.

If Lincoln Riley doesn't take off, does USC still have enough people to care to keep doing the big dick moves they need to do to compete nationally going or do they throw in the towel/literally die?

Oregon rolled the dice hard. I think they can continue on the Cristobal arc of being a consistently good program that gets overly hyped up as a natty contender by the media every year had they been able to keep him or hired someone like Wilcox or even Deboer. Lanning to me is either going to be a nightmare for UW as a super young hyped dipshit that perfectly fits their mystique operation. He would also be an outright disaster and plummet the program into a place where everything bad about what they do converges in a 2000s UW way.

Washington has just bottomed out so many times and in such an epic way under Lake and the admin is so out of it and the fanbase so dying and the market so dying that they need to start to compete well very soon or they might never come back.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Canes. I knew it all along. Wait until the stache gets a hold of this guy. I'm looking for Jaelen Phillips Part Deux.

But ... I have one little concern: this kid seems way up on the meter for social brand obsession. See, e.g.,

You don't ask people to follow you ese. You make them follow you by doing something.

Let's (I shall) hope he's Miami Tuff and not UCLA powder blue soft under the hood. 2.5 sacks in this conference doesn't get me too excited. I assume somebody sees something in him.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's fine. He's a nice B player that should be a good player to plug into a spot for a year and get some good production. He's not Jaelen Phillips.

The asking people for followers is just the norm for everyone now. I think putting almost energy into personal branding before you are an NFL star is a big mistake though. No one gives a shit about your brand until you're a star on the field/court first. Even rare guys who had huge rands say like Dennis Rodman would have never done shit had they not got attention with their play first and this small time influencer stuff doesn't pay shit.

If you want to focus on brand and followers before production try to make the WWE, seriously. You'll be better off.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rich people have paid

He's fine. He's a nice B player that should be a good player to plug into a spot for a year and get some good production. He's not Jaelen Phillips.

The asking people for followers is just the norm for everyone now. I think putting almost energy into personal branding before you are an NFL star is a big mistake though. No one gives a shit about your brand until you're a star on the field/court first. Even rare guys who had huge rands say like Dennis Rodman would have never done shit had they not got attention with their play first and this small time influencer stuff doesn't pay shit.

If you want to focus on brand and followers before production try to make the WWE, seriously. You'll be better off.

Rodman was a regular guy with two rings after Detroit.

Making your point

Then he became a rock star with the Bulls
    Yeah but still.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

I imagine some huge donors are going to get stung when they drop a million bucks on a few high 4 stars that can't crack the two deeps. The million dollar tOSU QB already transferred (to Sark of all people).

The talent pool remains the same and there are still only so many spots on the field at once. UW is obviously fucked in the recruiting market right now, but there is still a way to win on the field with the right coach in place. UW has never been a top-10 recruiting school.

Transfer portal will be crazy and where the smart money should be concentrated. If poaching through the portal of our top players we develop becomes commonplace burn the entire thing down, cause that's where we (P12/B12) will get slaughtered.

The P12 will have already been slaughtered
    FTFY
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rich people have paid

Making your point

Dood. Rodman was a multi all-star, All-NBA, perennial best defender and rebounder in the league guy before he went to the Bulls. He only got that chance to get on the Bulls platform because he was such a good player that Jordan invited him onboard. He he was just some AC Green level guy his schtick would have only gone so far.

My point is until you're an NFL star 100% of your focus should be on making your game as good as it can be and not trying to get like 20,000 followers.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

The P12 will get slaughtered
    We might not be far from SEC and Big 10 program poaching good Pac-12 players after they pop. The conference is so far behind I don't think it can ever really catch up and I feel like the three real power programs are all in a place where their move has to work out or they could easily die off.

If Lincoln Riley doesn't take off, does USC still have enough people to care to keep doing the big dick moves they need to do to compete nationally going or do they throw in the towel/literally die?

Oregon rolled the dice hard. I think they can continue on the Cristobal arc of being a consistently good program that gets overly hyped up as a natty contender by the media every year had they been able to keep him or hired someone like Wilcox or even Deboer. Lanning to me is either going to be a nightmare for UW as a super young hyped dipshit that perfectly fits their mystique operation. He would also be an outright disaster and plummet the program into a place where everything bad about what they do converges in a 2000s UW way.

Washington has just bottomed out so many times and in such an epic way under Lake and the admin is so out of it and the fanbase so dying and the market so dying that they need to start to compete well very soon or they might never come back.
    The PAC-12 with the exceptions of Oregon and USC is fucking dead. Washington is dead and buried and with the exception of catching lightning in a bottle, we shouldn’t expect anything from UW. The fucking limp dick leadership has shown who they are and what they want from the football program. It’s been mentioned ad naseum but Jen Cohen Fucking Stupid is clueless and wants the fans to be all in while she and Karen exchange baking recipes.

I’m now shopping for a new college football team.

Do I choose Kentucky? Historically mediocre but the stadium is a mile from my house.

Do I go north like the Yankee I am and choose Ohio State? They’re good but I’ve always hated them.

I lived in Georgia for 5 years in the early 90s which basically means I grew up there so I could root for UGA. I’m already used to saying Go dWags.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

godawgst said:

doogville said:

Based on the job he's done as recruiting coordinator thus far, he's certainly not eating well
    Shocked that the internet Husky experts who were dooging on him being this elite hire may have been wrong.
    There was always something weird about Morgan leaving his alma mater after less than one year for a lateral job at UW.
    E X A C T L Y. If Michigan wanted to keep him, they would have.

It says alot that doogs were ball washing a administrator who after the kids are committed will have minimal contact with. No top end staffs are worried or concerned about Morgan out on the recruiting trail.
    godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

@Baseman

I did enjoy seeing Twitter telling you that if you know how to do it better to get involved and do something about it

Bottom line is if people can’t understand how this all starts/ends at Jen’s feet they are helpless

So are you saying it's Jen's Fault UW has no donors who want to throw money at NIL and recruits with a roi of 0.00% ?
    Yes.

Imagine youre interested in investing/donating to the football program to move the needle. If you have the scratch, you'll want a sitdown to see where your money will go. How can my $ help get players capable of winning Rosebowls? What's your NIL strategy? Jen Cohen and Karen Ramming will answer all you're questions.

Karen, what's your background?
    Oh...

I used to donate. In aggregate, 7 figures to UW football and basketball. Donations + Advertising through IMG (majority of the funds)

Jen Cohen was the reason I quit.
    But if you have the type of money to move the needle, why do you even have to deal with UW and their NIL program? Can't you just speak with the coaches, target who they want and make the pitch to the recruit. From reading this is how Texas A&M pulled the class they did, or is this not the "Washington Way"

Everyone understands what NIL has become. Pay for play. Getting a actual return on your money is the cherry on sundae. Until I see otherwise, the narrative of UW having plenty of boosters with money just waiting to get in the NIL game imo is false.

April 1st starts year 3 of essentially player free agency in NCAA. UW's back of the baseball card is quickly becoming who we are......
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rich people have paid

Making your point

Dood. Rodman was a multi all-star, All-NBA, perennial best defender and rebounder in the league guy before he went to the Bulls. He only got that chance to get on the Bulls platform because he was such a good player that Jordan invited him onboard. He he was just some AC Green level guy his schtick would have only gone so far.

My point is until you're an NFL star 100% of your focus should be on making your game as good as it can be and not trying to get like 20,000 followers.
    I was agreeing with you

Rodman hit bottom in San Antonio though before the Bulls
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rich people have paid

Making your point

I first saw him with the Spurs and he looked so different from everyone else with pink or green hair.

We all know Rodman wasn’t shit till he joined the nWo
    RIP to the bad guy, Scott Hall. I was more of a Razor Ramon fan myself.
    Man, this thread got fucked up bigly.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Rich people have paid

Making your point

I first saw him with the Spurs and he looked so different from everyone else with pink or green hair.

We all know Rodman wasn’t shit till he joined the nWo
    RIP to the bad guy, Scott Hall. I was more of a Razor Ramon fan myself.
    Fuck yeah