Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

KJR paying UW players for interviews

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club
    The university of we can't

So we don't
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club

You can take what Baseman says about this kind of thing to the bank.
    The blood bank?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club

The blood bank?

Hardy har har

Baseman is uniquely positioned to understand these things.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    This is embarrassing. Anyone thinks UW will ever be an elite again in our life times is delusional. Get used to perpetual 7 wins. Wait, sark got us used to that. Shouldn’t be a shock.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club

This is embarrassing. Anyone thinks UW will ever be an elite again in our life times is delusional. Get used to perpetual 7 wins. Wait, sark got us used to that. Shouldn’t be a shock.

NIL has went so far beyond jersey sales and autographs it's laughable, yet UW (and doogs) tout the Fanatics deal as a move the needle event.

Can't wait as Baseman states to hear about the tens of dollars the average player will make off it

Part of me wants to live in their delusional fantasyland, but then last season happens, or as Damone quotes above the ceiling of 7-9 wins for the program and I would rather no what's coming and be able to prepare/accept it, then go through the shock as it happens in real time during the regular season.

I've said for years the games are actually won in December and February during signing period. This open free agency with NIL just puts it on steriods, and UW is getting lapped by other programs with it.

• RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    haie said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

This, (along with the Fanatics Jersey deal) is what Doogs have been telling themselves and anyone else who wants to listen is going to be a difference maker for UW and NIL/Montlake Futures.

So why these deals are going to put tens of dollars into our players pockets, A&M, Texas, Ohio State, etc are making deals that will be worth 6 figures over the course of 4 years.

sigh/lol

No one who knows anything thinks the fanatics deal plus radio deals competes with anything.

NFT's guaranteeing "6-7 figures" is what retard non technology people think is a game changer.

Jesus Christ, how many of you people work in e commerce or technology? We already know it's 0 (lol) duck "alums" here.
    It’s not the NFTs, it’s the money coming in from buying them. It’s basically legalized money laundering.
    It's funny that you ignore P00regon.

This is 2016 Oregon is getting Urbz/Saban all over again.

You guys aren't WSU/OSU. For sure. But you aren't what you say you are.

This is not surprising coming from a major university that barely understands html.
    Are you saying P00regon as in cash pour or like Poo as in feces? The second one is more entertaining. Because it seems lighthearted in juxtaposition to your usual one tone drivel.

Either you don’t understand the Rammingfications, or you’re willfully ignoring them. Here is an opportunity to:
    A. Anonymously purchase something without the exchange of cash or traceable assets.
    B. The things you are purchasing, an NFT and a pair of Air Max 1s, are a tangible good that the seller can receive payment for.
    C. The something, NFT, has no set monetary value for the future beyond what the market determines. The market is anonymous. There’s capital gains tax, but for now it’s irrelevant as it’s being handled by Phil’s non-profit.
    D. Oregon football players are “earning” their share of the proceeds by promoting the auction on their social media. Seven, of the best players coincidentally, were contracted to give quotes and have their pictures used.

The batch of 120 is going in a Dutch auction today starting at 12.5 Ethereum ($36k) including the shoe claim ticket, decreasing bids as time goes on. I saw some had already met reserve. Each time the NFT is subsequently resold a 10% royalty is paid to the non profit slush fund.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

This, (along with the Fanatics Jersey deal) is what Doogs have been telling themselves and anyone else who wants to listen is going to be a difference maker for UW and NIL/Montlake Futures.

So why these deals are going to put tens of dollars into our players pockets, A&M, Texas, Ohio State, etc are making deals that will be worth 6 figures over the course of 4 years.

sigh/lol

No one who knows anything thinks the fanatics deal plus radio deals competes with anything.

NFT's guaranteeing "6-7 figures" is what retard non technology people think is a game changer.

Jesus Christ, how many of you people work in e commerce or technology? We already know it's 0 (lol) duck "alums" here.
    It’s not the NFTs, it’s the money coming in from buying them. It’s basically legalized money laundering.

This is not surprising coming from a major university that barely understands html.
    How about you take that big brain, Brad, and spell it out and can the bullshit

I want to know the brilliant plan that Jen has to go cheap and beat Oregon and everyone else who is spending money

Explain it like I don't do html or whatever
    I don't know why UW boosters are still just paying guys like Bookie and others under the table instead of the the very public spectacle of NFTs and Air BNB shit (which you're also marketing to future recruits in that case, I get the advantage there). I can't answer that.

But it is completely separate from the very above board Montlake Futures. That is a Chris Petersen thing, and a long play that highlights that when playing in Seattle, there is a huge market and more eyeballs than small towns like Eugene and Pullman.

It is also separate from radio interviews and jersey sales that every school is going to be doing. Car dealership shit is the same. So baseman doesn't sound very connected into this like he says he is if he thinks this is all that is going on. It's not.

Maybe it's because UW doesn't like the perception of paying players, I don't disagree that we have a shit AD and a school that wants a brand much different than Oregon or an SEC school.

But a lot of this garbage sounds like sonics and his "booster meeting" with Matt Campbell's lawyer. I smell a lot of bullshit with stuff said here, and a lot of quooking about how much they're supposedly paying players. They hauled in Bo Nix, Chase Cota, and a completely unproven staff. How come Phil and Kilkenny or whoever the fuck they have hasn't just paid for a championship staff, instead of pumping more Tinker Hatfield rainbow NFT's and shoes?

It just doesn't add up. Just like in 2016.

RatherBeBrewing is a downtown Portland type, TBS Quook. Fucking yawn
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,058 Founders Club

The blood bank?

Sperm bank.
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

sigh/lol

How about you take that big brain, Brad, and spell it out and can the bullshit

I want to know the brilliant plan that Jen has to go cheap and beat Oregon and everyone else who is spending money

Explain it like I don't do html or whatever
    I don't know why UW boosters are still just paying guys like Bookie and others under the table instead of the the very public spectacle of NFTs and Air BNB shit (which you're also marketing to future recruits in that case, I get the advantage there). I can't answer that.

But it is completely separate from the very above board Montlake Futures. That is a Chris Petersen thing, and a long play that highlights that when playing in Seattle, there is a huge market and more eyeballs than small towns like Eugene and Pullman.

It is also separate from radio interviews and jersey sales that every school is going to be doing. Car dealership shit is the same. So baseman doesn't sound very connected into this like he says he is if he thinks this is all that is going on. It's not.

Maybe it's because UW doesn't like the perception of paying players, I don't disagree that we have a shit AD and a school that wants a brand much different than Oregon or an SEC school.

But a lot of this garbage sounds like sonics and his "booster meeting" with Matt Campbell's lawyer. I smell a lot of bullshit with stuff said here, and a lot of quooking about how much they're supposedly paying players. They hauled in Bo Nix, Chase Cota, and a completely unproven staff. How come Phil and Kilkenny or whoever the fuck they have hasn't just paid for a championship staff, instead of pumping more Tinker Hatfield rainbow NFT's and shoes?

It just doesn't add up. Just like in 2016.

RatherBeBrewing is a downtown Portland type, TBS Quook. Fucking yawn
    Thanks for the response

LIPO I guess