Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
  • Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 992
    edited February 2022

$20 each?

Texas A&M's booster are paying six figures to sign a National Letter of Intent.

UW's boosters are paying two figures to help Softy's self-esteem for 20 minutes.

Not sure we're doing this right.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Good for Brown. He deserves it. Hop would be fucked without him. I haven’t watched him play more than 5 min but he’s doing well.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,658 Founders Club
    All fine and good until the unpaid players go on a wildcat strike.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Will probably be held at a local tavern with a tip jar set out for their compensation.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club
    This, (along with the Fanatics Jersey deal) is what Doogs have been telling themselves and anyone else who wants to listen is going to be a difference maker for UW and NIL/Montlake Futures.

So why these deals are going to put tens of dollars into our players pockets, A&M, Texas, Ohio State, etc are making deals that will be worth 6 figures over the course of 4 years.

sigh/lol
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

UW is failing to understand what NIL does. It’s not an avenue to generate money for players. The money should already be there. NILs are a way to funnel large sums of money to recruits.

Oregon is now hosting An NFT auction which will generate millions. If you don’t think big donors aren’t buying these up just so their money can be funneled to the players, I can’t help you.

UW for all its educational prowess seems to not understand basic business, hence we will be a shit tier program
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    *Paid in brownies and Texas morning tacos
  • DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 613
    I’m hearing Peterman’s involvement in Montlake Futures is specifically tied to the use of savings bonds as the vehicle for all player compensation
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

This, (along with the Fanatics Jersey deal) is what Doogs have been telling themselves and anyone else who wants to listen is going to be a difference maker for UW and NIL/Montlake Futures.

So why these deals are going to put tens of dollars into our players pockets, A&M, Texas, Ohio State, etc are making deals that will be worth 6 figures over the course of 4 years.

sigh/lol

No one who knows anything thinks the fanatics deal plus radio deals competes with anything.

NFT's guaranteeing "6-7 figures" is what retard non technology people think is a game changer.

Jesus Christ, how many of you people work in e commerce or technology? We already know it's 0 (lol) duck "alums" here.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    haie said:

godawgst said:

sigh/lol

No one who knows anything thinks the fanatics deal plus radio deals competes with anything.

NFT's guaranteeing "6-7 figures" is what retard non technology people think is a game changer.

Jesus Christ, how many of you people work in e commerce or technology? We already know it's 0 (lol) duck "alums" here.
    It’s not the NFTs, it’s the money coming in from buying them. It’s basically legalized money laundering.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

godawgst said:

sigh/lol

It’s not the NFTs, it’s the money coming in from buying them. It’s basically legalized money laundering.
    It's funny that you ignore P00regon.

This is 2016 Oregon is getting Urbz/Saban all over again.

You guys aren't WSU/OSU. For sure. But you aren't what you say you are.

This is not surprising coming from a major university that barely understands html.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,466 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm guessing no one has any idea how much they are being payed for these interviews. Tweet says it's being sponsored by Montlake Futures and for all we know they are paying them alot.

Hard to read some of these threads when it's literally just assumptions of worst case scenario every time. The echo is tough to hear. BTW we are never going to be run the same as the craziest blue bloods and southern teams in my opinion but willing to have my mind changed on that
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,466 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I'm guessing no one has any idea how much they are being payed for these interviews. Tweet says it's being sponsored by Montlake Futures and for all we know they are paying them alot.

Hard to read some of these threads when it's literally just assumptions of worst case scenario every time. The echo is tough to hear. BTW we are never going to be run the same as the craziest blue bloods and southern teams in my opinion but willing to have my mind changed on that

We aren’t.

West Coast football is its own thing. Soon, teams will see the best players are going to the South or Big Ten anyways and it will be a waste of money to pay for overhyped recruits that only have the option of staying West.

I accepted this a few years ago. Win the PAC 12. Nobody is going to be able to simply buy a championship. Coaching and development still reigns supreme.
    My only issue with what you're saying is that it's not any different than the past 20 years. Besides for a handful of blue bloods and a few more hardcore southern teams who is doing drastically more than UW? Everyone is comparing themselves to A&M but they are a huge outlier right now