Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Name ONE politician trying to take you're guns!!1

GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
A sampling of what's proposed in the Warshington legislature this term.
SEMI-AUTOMATIC FIREARMS BAN - Senate Bill 5217 arbitrarily classifies many popularly-owned semi-automatic firearms as so-called “assault weapons” and bans their possession, manufacture, transfer, etc. These firearms are widely used for self-defense, recreational shooting, and hunting, and have now been vilified due to cosmetic features. It is extremely important that NRA Members and Second Amendment supporters contact their lawmakers in opposition to SB 5217.

MAGAZINE BAN - Senate Bill 5078, bans the manufacture, possession, sale, transfer, etc., of magazines that “are capable of holding,” or hold more than, 17 rounds of ammunition. Amendments to the bill are expected to lower this to 12 or even 10 rounds. This includes conversion kits or parts from which any such magazine may be assembled. These so-called “high capacity” magazines are, in fact, standard equipment for commonly-owned firearms that many Americans legally and effectively use for an entire range of legitimate purposes, such as self-defense or competition. Those who own non-compliant magazines prior to the ban are only allowed to possess them on their own property and in other limited instances, such as at licensed shooting ranges or while hunting. Prohibited magazines have to be transported unloaded and locked separately from firearms, and must be stored locked at home, making them unavailable for self-defense. Any violation of this measure is a gross misdemeanor punishable by a maximum of 364 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $5,000. ​

ANTI-PREEMPTION - Senate Bill 5568 guts the state’s preemption laws. SB 5568 will expand gun free zones and permit municipalities to ban the open carry of firearms. These types of measures result in a complex patchwork of gun laws across the state that ensnare otherwise law-abiding gun owners, turning them into criminals.

GHOST GUNS BAN - HB 1705 further restricts the centuries-old practice of manufacturing firearms for personal use ​and self-defense by imposing requirements that far exceed those in federal law. It seeks to prohibit private individuals from possessing certain unregulated components commonly-used by hobbyists to make their own firearms, as well as possessing currently legal firearms that don’t have serial numbers.

Comments

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The entire left.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, but name ONE who actually has POWER….
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,831
    edited February 2022

Yeah, but name ONE who actually has POWER….

Justin Trudeau

I guess the new all powerful is Gavin Newsom. Until the convoy goes to Sacramento and Gavin has to 'quarantine'.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,744
    46XiJCAB said:

The entire left communist party.

Fixed that for you!
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I would draw a distinction between banning some types of guns or regulating them and “taking away” your guns.

While it could technically take away guns, the implication is that it’s taking away all guns and I am strongly against that. Just don’t buy the whole slipper slope argument here.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I would draw a distinction between banning some types of guns or regulating them and “taking away” your guns.

While it could technically take away guns, the implication is that it’s taking away all guns and I am strongly against that. Just don’t buy the whole slipper slope argument here.

I am against the implication that you are straight
  • Options

Your disdain for the constitution is well documented

Seems unlikely since I think the constitution is great.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,744

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you have trouble understanding? Our founders bought cannons and every other type of destructive weaponry of the period.

The real problem is letting shitbags and loons roam our streets.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,325
    Swaye's Wigwam

Your disdain for the constitution is well documented

Seems unlikely since I think the constitution is great.
    It just needs to drop 10 pounds and maybe get a nose job
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Banning the most popular semiautomatic rifle, legally owned by thousands of Washuntonians, is a taking.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,831
    edited February 2022

Banning the most popular semiautomatic rifle, legally owned by thousands of Washuntonians, is a taking.
    Banning and trying to take are two very different things.

amirite, @RandyWeaverDawg?

• Options

States rights?

“No one is going to take away your guns” is a dismissive response to the idea that the left want to take away all the guns and undo the second amendment. Your response ignores the context in which it is said. It’s very “well actually” and then going on to argue a totally different point.

Yes, regulation can and should lead to some guns being taken away. I don’t know the specifics of the bills you posted so I’m not endorsing them though.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you have trouble understanding? Our founders bought cannons and every other type of destructive weaponry of the period.

The real problem is letting shitbags and loons roam our streets.

Fuck off.
    It also says well regulated.
  • Options
    Damn I just shot a snarky email off to one of my owners like hey dickhead you had me send this agreement out and you are ruining my perfect record. No joke the moment I shot it off the dude signed. I was like fuck. Poor timing lol
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,325
    Swaye's Wigwam

States rights?

“No one is going to take away your guns” is a dismissive response to the idea that the left want to take away all the guns and undo the second amendment. Your response ignores the context in which it is said. It’s very “well actually” and then going on to argue a totally different point.

Yes, regulation can and should lead to some guns being taken away. I don’t know the specifics of the bills you posted so I’m not endorsing them though.
    Many on the left want to do away with the 2A and want to take the guns

It's not a dismissive response it's a lie. As usual

You may stop short but a lot of you guys (lol) won't
  • Options

States rights?

Many is a vague and meaningless term. Sure, there are some but not nearly enough to have any sort meaningful push. We can’t get Medicare For All, we can’t even pass Build Back Better, we’re incompetent but we’re going to overturn the second amendment? Come on, this is fear mongering.
  • Options

States rights?

Many is a vague and meaningless term. Sure, there are some but not nearly enough to have any sort meaningful push. We can’t get Medicare For All, we can’t even pass Build Back Better, we’re incompetent but we’re going to overturn the second amendment? Come on, this is fear mongering.
    You sound super fucking gay

But admitting defeat in front of easily surmountable odds is why you are a leftist
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

You have got to be the most naive dipshit I've ever encountered in real life and fake internet life. End your carbon footprint.

You would be happy with every kind of gun but the dollar store potato guns being banned and would somehow do the mental gymnastics to claim all guns weren't banned, etc.