Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Name ONE politician trying to take you're guns!!1

13»

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,845
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

I would draw a distinction between banning some types of guns or regulating them and “taking away” your guns.

While it could technically take away guns, the implication is that it’s taking away all guns and I am strongly against that. Just don’t buy the whole slipper slope argument here.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you have trouble understanding? Our founders bought cannons and every other type of destructive weaponry of the period.

The real problem is letting shitbags and loons roam our streets.

Fuck off.
    It also says well regulated.
    It says a well regulated militia. Meaning the militia is to be regulated.

The right to bear arms shall not be infringed

You seem to hate words more than the Ostrich Boy

And it's state militias to be regulated by the state, not the feds. The Bill of Rights were to provide individuals protection from the government. These were individual rights, and not to be infringed.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

I would draw a distinction between banning some types of guns or regulating them and “taking away” your guns.

While it could technically take away guns, the implication is that it’s taking away all guns and I am strongly against that. Just don’t buy the whole slipper slope argument here.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you have trouble understanding? Our founders bought cannons and every other type of destructive weaponry of the period.

Fuck off.
    It says a well regulated militia. Meaning the militia is to be regulated.

The right to bear arms shall not be infringed

You seem to hate words more than the Ostrich Boy

And it's state militias to be regulated by the state, not the feds. The Bill of Rights were to provide individuals protection from the government. These were individual rights, and not to be infringed.
    Kobe's new pledge name is "InfringementStopper".

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Fuck off.
    Are you that dumb to not know what well regulated means?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Banning the most popular semiautomatic rifle, legally owned by thousands of Washuntonians, is a taking.
    States rights?

“No one is going to take away your guns” is a dismissive response to the idea that the left want to take away all the guns and undo the second amendment. Your response ignores the context in which it is said. It’s very “well actually” and then going on to argue a totally different point.

Yes, regulation can and should lead to some guns being taken away. I don’t know the specifics of the bills you posted so I’m not endorsing them though.
    Many on the left want to do away with the 2A and want to take the guns

It's not a dismissive response it's a lie. As usual

You may stop short but a lot of you guys (lol) won't
    Many is a vague and meaningless term. Sure, there are some but not nearly enough to have any sort meaningful push. We can’t get Medicare For All, we can’t even pass Build Back Better, we’re incompetent but we’re going to overturn the second amendment? Come on, this is fear mongering.
    Ah, they won't do away to 2A not because they don't want, but because they are incompetent. Got it.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — The Washington state Senate has voted to ban the manufacture, distribution and sale of firearm magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

The Seattle Times reports if the bill passes the House and becomes law, the ban would limit not just magazines for rifles that hold 20 or 30 rounds, but for a host of semiautomatic pistols, which often carry more than 10 rounds.

The late Wednesday vote on Senate Bill 5078 by the Senate’s Democratic majority marks the first time such a bill has passed a floor vote at the Legislature.

For years, restrictions on firearm magazines have been a top priority for many Democrats and advocates of stricter gun regulations. Conservatives and gun-rights advocates have meanwhile assailed such laws as not effective and an infringement on the Second Amendment.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,845
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Well, Beto isn't one of the politicians wanting to take your guns. No siree bob. Just like barry said that marriage was between a man a woman and that you could keep your doctor and health plan and save $2500. Everyone knew he was lying that had a brain but as someone once said, Leftards lie and love to be lied to.

https://instapundit.com/

PAST PERFORMANCE IS NO GUARANTEE OF FUTURE RESULTS: Beto Backtracks on AR-15 Confiscation: ‘I’m not Interested in Taking Anything From Anyone.’

Hell no, Beto O’Rourke does not want to take your AR-15. At least, not anymore.

The Texas Democrat currently running for governor said he does not want to force Texans to turn in their guns.

“I’m not interested in taking anything from anyone,” O’Rourke told supporters during a campaign stop in Tyler, Texas on Tuesday. “What I want to make sure that we do is defend the Second Amendment.”

That’s literally the opposite of what he told a national audience during a presidential primary debate in 2020.

“Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47,” he said in September 2019. “We’re not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.”

O’Rourke doubled down on the pledge throughout his 2019 campaign. He even promised those who did not participate in his mandatory buyback scheme would face severe punishment.

“If someone does not turn in an AR-15, or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war, or brings it out in public and brandishes it in an attempt to intimidate—as we saw in Kent State recently—then that weapon will be taken from them,” Beto told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “If they persist, there will be other consequences from law enforcement.”

Police were unenthused by the idea, though.

Flashback: Beto Suggests Anyone Who Votes for Trump Is a Racist.

That’s some niche campaign Robert O’Rourke is running in Texas.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — The Washington state Senate has voted to ban the manufacture, distribution and sale of firearm magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

The Seattle Times reports if the bill passes the House and becomes law, the ban would limit not just magazines for rifles that hold 20 or 30 rounds, but for a host of semiautomatic pistols, which often carry more than 10 rounds.

The late Wednesday vote on Senate Bill 5078 by the Senate’s Democratic majority marks the first time such a bill has passed a floor vote at the Legislature.

For years, restrictions on firearm magazines have been a top priority for many Democrats and advocates of stricter gun regulations. Conservatives and gun-rights advocates have meanwhile assailed such laws as not effective and an infringement on the Second Amendment.

Washuntonians, email you're state reps to oppose this shit.