Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gabarri Johnson, 2023 4* QB, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Time to ditch the old timey stuff other than for fans and even tone that down. I have no in-person memories of the Don James years and I'm old so I can't even imagine how a 17-year-old contexts it.

It's like me reading about George Wilson in the 26 Rose Bowl when I was a kid in the 60's. And Dobie
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Christ the video was cool and well done. Just win.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Time to ditch the old timey stuff other than for fans and even tone that down. I have no in-person memories of the Don James years and I'm old so I can't even imagine how a 17-year-old contexts it.

It's like me reading about George Wilson in the 26 Rose Bowl when I was a kid in the 60's. And Dobie
    You cling to the past when you don’t have anything to point to in the present or future
    I’m a little harsh about it, but even talking about the 91 team is lame. It was over 30 years ago.
    I’m all for celebrating our past …

But it needs to be in context of what is possible here … but it’s a delicate line to walk
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

It's college football not a Russian invasion. It's not that deep and doesn't need this level of analysis
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

It's college football not a Russian invasion. It's not that deep and doesn't need this level of analysis

Off season
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You cling to the past when you don’t have anything to point to in the present or future
    I’m a little harsh about it, but even talking about the 91 team is lame. It was over 30 years ago.

But it needs to be in context of what is possible here … but it’s a delicate line to walk
    PAC 12 titles are still possible. Evaluate, coach, and develop better than Oregon and USC.

Start there. Competing with Bama and programs like that is a huge stretch at this point.
    Exactly.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,496
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The real topic here is if UW really wants this kid and he's going to go to Utah instead that's a horrible sign.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    Swaye's Wigwam

The real topic here is if UW really wants this kid and he's going to go to Utah instead that's a horrible sign.

I just cant imagine that if this staff wanted and believed in a local QB recruit that wasn’t a national five star kid they would get him. Show him some love, show him your history and seal the deal. They don’t want him.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

PAC 12 titles are still possible. Evaluate, coach, and develop better than Oregon and USC.

Start there. Competing with Bama and programs like that is a huge stretch at this point.
    The PAC12 is so far behind on a national level … it’s really a different game at this point

Conference titles are nice … but in the grand scheme of things they’ve been devalued for better or worse
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I just cant imagine that if this staff wanted and believed in a local QB recruit that wasn’t a national five star kid they would get him. Show him some love, show him your history and seal the deal. They don’t want him.
    The question is, if they don't get Rashada, what is their plan?
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Transfer portal?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Transfer portal?

That's what I thought too though I imagine they'd really prefer a HS QB to develop. Maybe the plan is to go for both, especially if they think one of the other QBs will portal.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

The question is, if they don't get Rashada, what is their plan?
    You can’t realistically run with the Loyal to the Soil mantra when you can’t keep the top end talent in your state to stay home

Who is this staff’s Joe Steele, Budda Baker, etc of keeping top talent home?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Utah got a commit from a QB not named Gabarri Johnson. It will be interesting to see which school takes interest in him next
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Utah got a commit from a QB not named Gabarri Johnson. It will be interesting to see which school takes interest in him next

It would be nice if UW is now in the driver's seat. We? need a QB and I imagine he'd like a clean shot at starting after redshirting.