Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Parker twins

13»

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,314
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

While the form on that bird isn't bad, there are some concerns I have about the rest of the appendages. Might want to get those things looked at.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    TheHB said:

Tequilla said:

While the form on that bird isn't bad, there are some concerns I have about the rest of the appendages. Might want to get those things looked at.
    That’s not me you fucking asshole
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,314
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

TheHB said:

Tequilla said:

That’s not me you fucking asshole
    Didn't say it was, butter cup.

• Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

With the portal, I wonder if the staff said you'll get 2-3 years of academic prowess and a chance to get in the rotation but if not, you can portal to Eastern or Central Michigan.

When you don’t have time to build legit class like this staff has had, taking a bunch of fliers on kids you might be able to develop isn’t the worst idea.

If they suck they can portal out again in a few years and we can hopefully replace them with better portal players.

Of course this is kind of a Doog take, those not rated kids we take and develop, if they turn out to be players could also portal to USC or Bama in a few years as well.
    The problem with that approach is that Boner can’t force them to portal out. Their schollie is guaranteed for 4 years. Boner can over recruit that position, but that is it.

And the players may realize the academic prowess at uw and decide that staying at the bottom of the depth chart and getting a degree is the best option.
  • Options
    DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 152
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    dOgmaster said:

HFNY said:

With the portal, I wonder if the staff said you'll get 2-3 years of academic prowess and a chance to get in the rotation but if not, you can portal to Eastern or Central Michigan.

When you don’t have time to build legit class like this staff has had, taking a bunch of fliers on kids you might be able to develop isn’t the worst idea.

If they suck they can portal out again in a few years and we can hopefully replace them with better portal players.

Of course this is kind of a Doog take, those not rated kids we take and develop, if they turn out to be players could also portal to USC or Bama in a few years as well.
    The problem with that approach is that Boner can’t force them to portal out. Their schollie is guaranteed for 4 years. Boner can over recruit that position, but that is it.

And the players may realize the academic prowess at uw and decide that staying at the bottom of the depth chart and getting a degree is the best option.
    I thought Schollies were renewed yearly?
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dOgmaster said:

HFNY said:

They are

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I imagine the staff told the Parker family that they can guarantee their scholarship for 1 or 2 years but after that, it's dependent on what progress they show. Otherwise, they transfer to a lower tier upper mid-west school and finish their education there.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

I imagine the staff told the Parker family that they can guarantee their scholarship for 1 or 2 years but after that, it's dependent on what progress they show. Otherwise, they transfer to a lower tier upper mid-west school and finish their education there.

They plan for success. I doubt they talk about dropping their scholarship at all while they are being recruited.
  • Options

theLSkid said:

dOgmaster said:

HFNY said:

They are

In 2014, the PAC-12 voted to guarantee all scholarships for four years. Scholarships cannot be cancelled for athletic reasons. Would have to be a violation of team rules or academic issue.

The following year, all P5 conferences and Notre Dame voted to follow suit. All 65 P5 schools now guarantee scholarships for four years if the letter of intent and scholarship agreement are signed prior to freshman year.

The more I think about it, they should vote to abolish this rule. If there's going to be unfettered free agency via the transfer portal, the schools should be allowed to be just as cutthroat.
    This was made in order to protect shitty athletes, I believe the rules is that players cannot lose scholarships due to poor performance, but they can lose it due to:

Beingruled to be ineligible for competition;

Provides fraudulent information on an application, letter of intent, or financial aid agreement;

Engages in serious misconduct that rises to the level of being disciplined by the university’s regular student disciplinary board;

Voluntarily quits their team; or

Violates a university policy or rule which is not related to athletic conditions or ability (such as a university policy on class attendance, or an athletic department policy regarding proper conduct on a team trip).

So, we ? are both right?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

dOgmaster said:

HFNY said:

They are

In 2014, the PAC-12 voted to guarantee all scholarships for four years. Scholarships cannot be cancelled for athletic reasons. Would have to be a violation of team rules or academic issue.

The following year, all P5 conferences and Notre Dame voted to follow suit. All 65 P5 schools now guarantee scholarships for four years if the letter of intent and scholarship agreement are signed prior to freshman year.

The more I think about it, they should vote to abolish this rule. If there's going to be unfettered free agency via the transfer portal, the schools should be allowed to be just as cutthroat.
    This was made in order to protect shitty athletes, I believe the rules is that players cannot lose scholarships due to poor performance, but they can lose it due to:

Provides fraudulent information on an application, letter of intent, or financial aid agreement;

Engages in serious misconduct that rises to the level of being disciplined by the university’s regular student disciplinary board;

Violates a university policy or rule which is not related to athletic conditions or ability (such as a university policy on class attendance, or an athletic department policy regarding proper conduct on a team trip).

So, we ? are both right?
    Well, now that you've reversed your stance to exactly what I stated, yes, we're now both right.
  • Options

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

dOgmaster said:

HFNY said:

They are

So, we ? are both right?
    Well, now that you've reversed your stance to exactly what I stated, yes, we're now both right.
    Exactly.