Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Aaron Dumas - RB in the Portal (committed)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Yeah I like it. We could use some churn in our RB room, been very stale for awhile now
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,499
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

After Morgan's find the nine 3 stars or less that are killing it in the NFL out of the 1000's that graduate from HS every year tweet, Dumas seems like a perfect guy to use a scholarship on in a crowded RB room full of either unknown entities or underwhelming known ones.

No one understands. Go get your prune juice.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,628
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah I like it. We could use some churn in our RB room, been very stale for awhile now

Yeah he doesn't move the needle much, but is probably better than UWs current RBs.

I wish they'd find someone with some speed. There are a lot of 4.6-4.7 guys in the RB depth.
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 335
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The 3 positions on the field that are the most "instinctual" are inside linebacker, QB and running back. You can get away with just being a superior athlete as an edge rusher or a wide receiver but athleticism alone won't make you a great LB, QB or RB. When I watch a running back's film I want to see patience and vision which is something that nobody on our roster has really shown at the collegiate level.

This is going to be a hot take but Sam Adams is the RB on our roster who had the best vision coming out of high school. Cam Davis and Megwa show it a little but compare any of their film to Gaskin and the difference is night and day. I'm definitely not saying this guy is going to be the next Myles Gaskin but he shows patience, vision and choppy feet with quick change of direction the way Myles did.

Here's some high school film of his. When he takes hand offs he's going half-speed and then accelerates through the line once he finds the hole. Contrast that with doog legend Dwayne Washington who would just run full speed into the backs of the offensive lineman...

http://www.hudl.com/v/2ESgQu

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2022
    247 just updated their rankings and somehow has Dumas as a 4-star transfer

Demarco King is created as the #1 Juco safety in the country but is somehow the #100 juco player and a 2-star
    Edit: NM on King. His ranking makes no sense. I think they are still playing around with the juco list
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

The 3 positions on the field that are the most "instinctual" are inside linebacker, QB and running back. You can get away with just being a superior athlete as an edge rusher or a wide receiver but athleticism alone won't make you a great LB, QB or RB. When I watch a running back's film I want to see patience and vision which is something that nobody on our roster has really shown at the collegiate level.

This is going to be a hot take but Sam Adams is the RB on our roster who had the best vision coming out of high school. Cam Davis and Megwa show it a little but compare any of their film to Gaskin and the difference is night and day. I'm definitely not saying this guy is going to be the next Myles Gaskin but he shows patience, vision and choppy feet with quick change of direction the way Myles did.

Here's some high school film of his. When he takes hand offs he's going half-speed and then accelerates through the line once he finds the hole. Contrast that with doog legend Dwayne Washington who would just run full speed into the backs of the offensive lineman...

http://www.hudl.com/v/2ESgQu

Sam Adams may have good vision but I wouldn’t know. He didn’t even start his senior year.