Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mariners Pole

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,541
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
When will fucktards stop talking about the Mariners?

Mariners Pole 18 votes

End of April
55%
section8TierbsHsotBoobsDick_BCuntWaffle[Deleted User]PurpleJGladstoneDugtheDoogThe_UndertakerRon_Fairly 10 votes
All Star Break
5%
RoadDawg55 1 vote
Labor Day
11%
Fire_Marshall_BillTequilla 2 votes
October
0%
Go M's!
27%
PostGameOrangeSlicesBennyBeaverThomasFremontdhdawgdnc 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    End of April
    Hopefully "now".
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Go M's!
    TSIPO but I'll still talk baseball.
    I still think the rotation is really good but the lineup is a total dreckfest and I don't trust the bullpen either
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Go M's!
    dhdawg said:

I still think the rotation is really good but the lineup is a total dreckfest and I don't trust the bullpen either

phucking?

• Options
    Go M's!
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

phucking?

probably, I'll wait until the staff is at full health before I officially rule it over
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    End of April
    Smoak is 0-14 now. So much for him bring good. I know this is year five but he needs more time.

Close the fucking gates on this franchise already.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    End of April
    Smoak and Saunders will still be young in 5 years when they are like 32.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    End of April
    The season is already over
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    End of April
    section8 said:

The season is already over

The season was over when Jesus was still alive.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    no "Are BACK" option? fuck this poll
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Labor Day
    Can't we just enjoy 6-5?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Labor Day
    The Mariners have been fine this year. In the 5 losses, they lost an extra inning game in Oakland, have been dominated by Sonny Gray 2x (one of the best young pitchers in the game), dominated by Scott Kazmir (who in the last year plus has rediscovered what made him one of the best young pitchers in the game, and dominated by Garrett Richards who is a really good young pitcher that has the stuff but hasn't put it all together yet (hello Buff Bagwell).

My guess is that they'll get out of April 3-5 games above .500 ...

Oakland is probably good enough to still win 90+ and win the division. But with the way the rest of the division is looking, the Mariners could very easily stumble into 85-90 wins this year if the rotation gets back healthy. The pen is still a giant question mark though. The offense is young, will have ups and downs, but in general, is a massive improvement over what has been here for most of the last 5-10 years.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    End of April
    Tequilla said:

The Mariners have been fine this year. In the 5 losses, they lost an extra inning game in Oakland, have been dominated by Sonny Gray 2x (one of the best young pitchers in the game), dominated by Scott Kazmir (who in the last year plus has rediscovered what made him one of the best young pitchers in the game, and dominated by Garrett Richards who is a really good young pitcher that has the stuff but hasn't put it all together yet (hello Buff Bagwell).

Oakland is probably good enough to still win 90+ and win the division. But with the way the rest of the division is looking, the Mariners could very easily stumble into 85-90 wins this year if the rotation gets back healthy. The pen is still a giant question mark though. The offense is young, will have ups and downs, but in general, is a massive improvement over what has been here for most of the last 5-10 years.

uhhh......they win 70
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Labor Day
    Pitching is too good for them to win only 70 ... the young players are also good enough to make sure that the offense isn't a complete dreckfest ... in reality, the offense hasn't been that great at this point.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    End of April
    Tequilla said:

Pitching is too good for them to win only 70 ... the young players are also good enough to make sure that the offense isn't a complete dreckfest ... in reality, the offense hasn't been that great at this point.

fine. 71.
  • Options
    Go M's!
    PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

uhhh......they win 70
    disagree

The over/under is 5

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All Star Break
    I wish Clay Bennett was a baseball fan and took the Mariners instead of the Sonics. I hate the Mariners and their fans. I want them to lose every game so the Mariner talk ends. They suck and it's a waste of time.
  • Options
    Go M's!
    pitching is too good to win 71, I see a .500 team, but what difference does it make if you're .500 or shitty.
    They still don't have a legitimate 1B, and outside of Ackley their OF is full of below replacement level players. If they would actually start spending the money neccessary to compliment Zunino, Ackley, Seager, Elias, Felix, Kuma (ILTCHT) Walker, Paxton, etc. they might actually do something. Cause if there's one thing Zduriencik cannot do it's find good values and make good trades
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tough to make any definitive conclusions now but I am worried about Smoak, Almonte, and RF. Miller should probably end up hitting fine and Seager too but 1B can't be a relative offensive black-hole and neither can RF (another position that should be a big OPS spot).
  • Options
    Go M's!
    HFNY said:

Tough to make any definitive conclusions now but I am worried about Smoak, Almonte, and RF. Miller should probably end up hitting fine and Seager too but 1B can't be a relative offensive black-hole and neither can RF (another position that should be a big OPS spot).

Almonte is not likely to be very good. He just doesn't have the offensive tools to be successful outside of speed. It will be interesting to see if McLendon moves Ackley up to leadoff at some poont to get someone with some on base skills at the top of the lineup.

Almonte's defensive numbers look very good so far this year, but it's way way way too early to learn anything form those. Eyeball test he looks talented but still unpolished in center to me. But he uses his speed very well. His defense could be a real asset.

He might be a guy worth keeping around, but he's more of a #8 or 9 hitter than #1. On that note, it's probably time to move Zunino out of the 9 hole. He's still an OBP black hole but dude can mash.

Here's how I'd set the current lineup:

Versus righties:

LF Ackley
    SS Miller
    2B Cano
    1B Smoak
    DH Hart
    3B Seager
    C Zunino
    RF Saunders/Morrison
    CF Almonte

Versus lefties:

LF Ackley
    SS Miller
    2B Cano
    DH Hart
    3B Seager
    1B Smoak
    C Zunino
    RF Romero I guess (honestly I don't think he's ready - I'd send him down but given the current roster if he's here he should play)
    CF Almonte

That lineup is still very vulnerable against lefties. They really need a right handed or switch hitter who can slide into the two hole. It's too bad Nick Franklin doesn't fit the roster defensively, he'd be the perfect bat there.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    End of April
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

Almonte is not likely to be very good. He just doesn't have the offensive tools to be successful outside of speed. It will be interesting to see if McLendon moves Ackley up to leadoff at some poont to get someone with some on base skills at the top of the lineup.

Almonte's defensive numbers look very good so far this year, but it's way way way too early to learn anything form those. Eyeball test he looks talented but still unpolished in center to me. But he uses his speed very well. His defense could be a real asset.

He might be a guy worth keeping around, but he's more of a #8 or 9 hitter than #1. On that note, it's probably time to move Zunino out of the 9 hole. He's still an OBP black hole but dude can mash.

Here's how I'd set the current lineup:

Versus righties:

LF Ackley
    SS Miller
    2B Cano
    1B Smoak
    DH Hart
    3B Seager
    C Zunino
    RF Saunders/Morrison
    CF Almonte

Versus lefties:

LF Ackley
    SS Miller
    2B Cano
    DH Hart
    3B Seager
    1B Smoak
    C Zunino
    RF Romero I guess (honestly I don't think he's ready - I'd send him down but given the current roster if he's here he should play)
    CF Almonte

That lineup is still very vulnerable against lefties. They really need a right handed or switch hitter who can slide into the two hole. It's too bad Nick Franklin doesn't fit the roster defensively, he'd be the perfect bat there.

Disagree.