Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    I got a chuck sitting out right now. gonna make the better than chipotle barbacoa
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Another example of how stupid the general population has become. These looney bin meatless cultists forget about all things that are killed to make chemical bombs. There is literally no nutritional components to this junk. But if some idiot celeb on social media hawks their plant diet people go flocking for the trash.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Let's not forget all the energy used to make all that trash in a facility. I am sure they are carbon neutral and is powered by wind
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,010 Standard Supporter

Red meat will raise your blood pressure and is bad for your heart!!!

Instead, I am going to eat this 1500x processed fake meat which is nutritionally inferior and taste like shit but at least I am saving the planet!!!

Humans achieved the top of the food chain and the reward was eating meat, birds and fish. We were built/genetically adapted for it. Carbs were a relatively recent addition to the human diet as a staple. Fake meat at best has no dietetic advantage over real meat. The real problem is sugar, whether it is fructose or sucrose. Everything in moderation but drinking a quart of regular soda and eating french fries is a recipe for type 2 diabetes. The belief that animal methane is destroying the world is beyond ludicrous. The same Vegans who believe that also believe that nuclear power is the devil.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Red meat will raise your blood pressure and is bad for your heart!!!

Instead, I am going to eat this 1500x processed fake meat which is nutritionally inferior and taste like shit but at least I am saving the planet!!!

I’m old enough to remember carob.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    I resemble that remark. I will admit to trying a Beyond Beef “burger” from a food truck. F’n horrible. As Ron Burgundy said, “milk was a bad idea”. That’s how I felt while gaging on it before giving up.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    I've really wondered what's behind the rollout/push for the impossible meat stuff. I can't imagine that the wholesale rollout that I've seen is justified by the numbers/margins. Does McDonald's really sell that many impossible burgers? It seems like most of my vegetarian friends wouldn't eat at McD's if their lives depended on it. It doesn't seem like the average McD's coonsoomer gives one flying fuck about "not eating meat to stay healthy" in the first place. Who is buying this shit and if no one is then who is eating the shit sales numbers and to what other end?

It could just be another venture capital scam like the scooters littered everywhere but it sure seems to be pushed harder than that and with more corporate sponsorship/partners. I wonder if corporations receive a boost to their social credit score for selling this shit.
    Gates is paying people to lay the groundwork for the day he controls the food supply of America. Sheeple.
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    Why so gloomy? Lots of reasons for optimism in 2020.
    edited January 2022

I've really wondered what's behind the rollout/push for the impossible meat stuff. I can't imagine that the wholesale rollout that I've seen is justified by the numbers/margins. Does McDonald's really sell that many impossible burgers? It seems like most of my vegetarian friends wouldn't eat at McD's if their lives depended on it. It doesn't seem like the average McD's coonsoomer gives one flying fuck about "not eating meat to stay healthy" in the first place. Who is buying this shit and if no one is then who is eating the shit sales numbers and to what other end?

It could just be another venture capital scam like the scooters littered everywhere but it sure seems to be pushed harder than that and with more corporate sponsorship/partners. I wonder if corporations receive a boost to their social credit score for selling this shit.

Get woke go broke. McD's is on its like 12th attempt at making an edible chicken sandwich. Took Popeye's one time. You make stuff to sell to your core customers. Like you said, vegans aren't ever setting foot in McDonalds. But when the CEO of McD's is at some Hollywood party and is bombarded with demands to have a vegetarian alternative, he could tell themselves to go phuck off or he could just ignore their ignorant requests. But NO ...

PS I'm the CEO of Coke and I have the most popular soda on the planet. Hey, why don't we phuck with the recipe to make it more like Pepsi. Geezus.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Was just at the grocery store the other day. They had a shelf full of impossible burger meat on sale for 50% off. Not a single package had been purchased.

But if they take it off the shelves, the 5 people that buy it will find themselves on CNN lecturing Americans on vegan bigotry.
    When the meatless companies muscled their way into the meat dept., you knew their product was crap.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited January 2022
    Pretty stupid business decision though. I'm willing to bet most vegetarians/vegans don't typically venture to fast food chains. Taco Bell removes the double decker, and now KFC does this? These CEO's are way overpaid. Not to mention, there's studies that show these impossible patties and slabs of fake meat are much worse for you than the actual meat products. But libs gonna lib.

Pretty stupid business decision though. I'm willing to bet most vegetarians/vegans don't typically venture to fast food chains. Taco Bell removes the double decker, and now KFC does this? These CEO's are way overpaid. Not to mention, there's studies that show these impossible patties and slabs of fake meat are much worse for you than the actual meat products. But libs gonna lib.

As a basic rule, protein is protein, fat is fat, carbs are carbs and calories are calories. Margarine is generally made from soybean oil or palm oil and is not inherently better than beef or pork fat. What sucks is/was the addition of trans fat into margarine to firm it up. Trans fat is bad for you. Then toss in that a high carb diet makes you fat and diabetic. Meat and eggs are much better for you than pancakes and syrup.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,547 Founders Club
    Vinnie Tortorich has a new Doc out called Beyond Impossible that goes into all this corrupt shit. His other two docs were great too. Fat and Fat 2