Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Biden shuts down the virus

Comments

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,203 Swaye's Wigwam

Goduckies said:

LebamDawg said:

I now know 4 people who have had the rona, flurona or vid - 2 did not know they had it until tested, 2 were pretty sick. All since Christmas

The Throbber was sick AF, slept for 10 days and is better now.

The Throbber had absolutely no interest in standing in line to get a test where they say "you're sick AF. You should sleep for 10 days and you'll feel better".

Science.
    This is the part that cracks me up the most about everything. Whether it’s the flu, cold, COVID or whatever, if I’m sick I would isolate myself anyways until I felt better. So why does it matter what it is? Why do we need to take a test to know EXACTLY what it is?

We really have just thrown common sense out the window as a society and wait for our government overlords to tell us what we need to do. Even though it’s been clear for awhile they have no fucking clue what they are even talking about.
    If you have light symptoms, even if you test positive there still is basically no recommended treatment for non-hospitalized patients. The only thing is you are now in the system as positive. Not exactly a lot of upside.
    Monoclonal antibodies is important to get asap
    Still not sure if you don't have a pre-existing condition like your asthma that you get the antibodies unless you need to be hospitalized. Rogan or Rogers didn't get antibodies as far as I know.
    Neither did I. Drank like half a Gatorade and was good.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Goduckies said:

LebamDawg said:

I now know 4 people who have had the rona, flurona or vid - 2 did not know they had it until tested, 2 were pretty sick. All since Christmas

The Throbber had absolutely no interest in standing in line to get a test where they say "you're sick AF. You should sleep for 10 days and you'll feel better".

Science.
    This is the part that cracks me up the most about everything. Whether it’s the flu, cold, COVID or whatever, if I’m sick I would isolate myself anyways until I felt better. So why does it matter what it is? Why do we need to take a test to know EXACTLY what it is?

We really have just thrown common sense out the window as a society and wait for our government overlords to tell us what we need to do. Even though it’s been clear for awhile they have no fucking clue what they are even talking about.
    If you have light symptoms, even if you test positive there still is basically no recommended treatment for non-hospitalized patients. The only thing is you are now in the system as positive. Not exactly a lot of upside.
    Still not sure if you don't have a pre-existing condition like your asthma that you get the antibodies unless you need to be hospitalized. Rogan or Rogers didn't get antibodies as far as I know.
    I drank fluids and went for a 25 mile hike.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter

Bob_C said:

Goduckies said:

LebamDawg said:

Science.

I drank fluids and went for a 25 mile hike.
    Last 20 mile hike was when I was 20 and ripped with my little brother who needed a 20 mile hike to complete his Hiking merit badge. Decided then it was my last 20 mile hike (two priors mine and my brother) and that a phucking marathon was not going to ever, ever happen.
  • PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    LebamDawg said:

I have known around 30 people in last 3 weeks including my daughter and brother.

Out of those 30 around 25 had vaccine.

5 without vaccine had colds or were asymotomatic.

Around 10 vaccinated had flu like symptoms for 3-4 days with one having it bad for a week.

15 or so of the vaccinated were asymptomatic to cold like symptoms.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,907 Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

I have known around 30 people in last 3 weeks including my daughter and brother.

Out of those 30 around 25 had vaccine.

5 without vaccine had colds or were asymotomatic.

Around 10 vaccinated had flu like symptoms for 3-4 days with one having it bad for a week.

15 or so of the vaccinated were asymptomatic to cold like symptoms.
    Anecdotal, so false.

This is a pandemic of the UNvaccinated!!!1!!11!!

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

hardhat said:

Why didn’t these people take covid seriously? They thought it was a joke. Real funny.
    Whoopi, people with fat round faces should not wear round glasses. Unless flexing Santa is the fit your going for.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,209

Goduckies said:

LebamDawg said:

Science.

Not sure... but they should give it to everyone who wants it... imo
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,096 Standard Supporter
    Joe can't shut down his sphincter.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,096 Standard Supporter
    Fake testing makes fake numbers with which they scare the sheeple. Sheeple vote for dims. Unable to care for themselves they demand the government care for them. No dumber people on the planet. Sheeple to the slaughter.

I never got cult of testing either

I thought it was just another way to blame Trump

But rules are rules. Joe promised tests

It became a thing only because we didn’t have them in the first moments. Then once we had them they weren’t used in a manner to actually get anything actionable or interesting out of them.

They could have been a useful tool had they been accurate, produced non-binary results, done a large scale random sampling to use as a gauge for asymptomatic cases, results used to initiate an early treatment protocol before people actually needed to get on Cuomo's ventilators.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,529 Standard Supporter
    Like homelessness, if the government was serious about COVID, the problem would already be solved. There's too much money in it to actually solve the problem.

1 - Provide N95 masks for every citizen. They're about $35 each. Let that run for six months.

2 - Provide every feasible therapeutic and vaccine out there, to be prescribed via informed consent between physicians and patients. That would require putting product liability and side effects disclosure on the existing vaccines like very other fucking drug that has ever drugged.

3 - Open shit up and let the numbers fall where they may for six months.

4 - Remove all financial incentives to medical providers/hospitals for COVID. The bonus for covid is actually an incentive to fill hospitals up. Or kill the covid patient for more $$.

5 - close the fucking border.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

Bob_C said:
    What is the fascination with testing? It feels like the great toilet paper panic of 2020.

If I have cold symptoms or no symptoms I’m not going to be running around to get tested. What the fuck is wrong with people?
    If I don't know for sure that I have COVID. How am I going to post a bunch of self loathing social media posts about how I was on the brink of death and it was the scariest battle of my life?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,529 Standard Supporter

Bob_C said:
    What is the fascination with testing? It feels like the great toilet paper panic of 2020.

If I have cold symptoms or no symptoms I’m not going to be running around to get tested. What the fuck is wrong with people?
    If I don't know for sure that I have COVID. How am I going to post a bunch of self loathing social media posts about how I was on the brink of death and it was the scariest battle of my life?
    Just do like the cool kids do and post whatever gets the most likes.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Bob_C said:

Why didn’t you take COVID seriously, MAGATard?
    hardhat said:
    Price controls curb supply in the market. No one could have predicted this. No historical examples of this that I can think of.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I never got cult of testing either

I thought it was just another way to blame Trump

But rules are rules. Joe promised tests

He is making good on his promise. Just google where the tests are and go get one. That’s what I’m hearing.

Again, imagine if Trump would have said use google to get a test.