Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Colin Kaepernick already having a great off season

2»

Comments

• Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Who would you rather have as the QB and leader of your team - Wilson or Kaepernick? Maybe it'sw all the tats (call me a tat bigot if you must) but when I picture the ideal team leader and face of the franchise that picture looks a lot more like Wilson.

Wilson is more focused on winning consistently. Kaepernick might have more talent overall, but no one works harder than RW ( I like to call him that). I think it is silly when hooks call him out for partying in Miami in Spring Break while RW is volunteering at some soup kitchen. 99% of people in Kaeps shoes would be partying and banging 10s without having to put in any effort.

Kaepernick just has a really shitty attitude is where I think his downfall is going to be. He gets all pissy and starts to sound like Sark after a loss.
    Kaepernick in a lot of ways reminds me of Sark. Very Dude Brah attitude, I don't believe he's putting 100% into his field, I don't think he's out working his peers for an example.

Also like Sark he's a front runner. When the game is going good he thrives and is kissing his bicep. When the game starts to get uncomfortable he melts down. Look at every game he's played against the Seahawks even in their wins.

I don't remember too many games where he is leading his team down the field for the game winning score while Wilson has done that a few times in his career including a few in the playoffs even.

I think in three years everyone outside of San Fran will look back laughing that it was ever a debate between Wilson and Kaepernik.
    The Seahawks are a much more complete team than the Niners are, and I think a lot of that has to do with Gore being ancient. The Niners should (and do for the most part) follow a modified Seahawk script...run, run, run, qb run, run, run, qb run, pa pass, run, etc.

Instead, they rely too much on deep routes and look really inefficient against good defenses. I think a lot of that has to do with Gore being old. LMJ isn't going to do shit in the NFL, they need a new RB or two to be legit conenders, IMO

Kaepernick isn't the problem, though he could certainly improve aspects of his game. Not many QB's have his running ability
    Maybe on defense but on offense SF was better at pretty much every position minus RB. Their receivers were a lot better than ours (minus Harvin) and their O-line was one of the best in the league. Ours was a catastrophe. Kaepernick definitely held them back and cost them the NFC title game.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepernick isn't very accurate. I don't think he's dumb and I'm sure he works. The problem is accuracy.
  • Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    dnc said:

Apparently Kaepernick scored a 37 on his Wonderlic (same as Andrew Luck). I think he's smarter than he lets on.

Makes you wonder who he licked?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,788
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2014
    not to hijack the thread (hi Kim!!!), But didn't Tebow score about a 14 or something?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The 49ers were doing jack shit on offense and were fortunate to have 17 points at the time thanks to Kap's breakaway run and the lucky TD heave. I love the "what if" scenarios and how it comes down to one pass. Sure the Hawks had a lucky TD on that 4th down but the 49ers were very fortunate on those two TDs. They play that game again and the 49ers could be down 16-6 or 17-10 late in the 4th.

The point about Gore is the key. He was totally shut down in that game. If I were the 49ers I'd draft Sankey.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited April 2014
    looks like our resident saints fan has made an appearance on webzone
    coolbrees39

lololololol. Looks like our only competition will be the seahawks on our run to the LOMBARDI this year.
    I mean seriously? Kaepernick is a rapist? the worst thing anyone has ever said about Drew is that he didn't tip while getting takeout.
    Saints > 49ers
    NO > SF
    Drew > Colin
    Who dat > 49
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/176786-kaepernick-thread-2014-15-season/page435/#ohhCrL6EXx5lxVZq.99
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    coolbrees just recieved a PM

Auto Message
    Subject:
    NOTICE: Your warning level has been changed
    Date:
    Apr 13, 2014 at 2:03 AM
    To:
    coolbrees39

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your warning level has been changed to 100%

Previous Warning Level: 0%
    Warned By: English
    Reason: Trolling. And posting garbage.

If you would like more information regarding your new warning level, please use the Contact Moderators feature within the Members Area or send an email to forum@49erswebzone.com.

Note: This message was sent automatically.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    Founders Club

Who would you rather have as the QB and leader of your team - Wilson or Kaepernick? Maybe it'sw all the tats (call me a tat bigot if you must) but when I picture the ideal team leader and face of the franchise that picture looks a lot more like Wilson.

Wilson is more focused on winning consistently. Kaepernick might have more talent overall, but no one works harder than RW ( I like to call him that). I think it is silly when hooks call him out for partying in Miami in Spring Break while RW is volunteering at some soup kitchen. 99% of people in Kaeps shoes would be partying and banging 10s without having to put in any effort.

Kaepernick just has a really shitty attitude is where I think his downfall is going to be. He gets all pissy and starts to sound like Sark after a loss.
    Kaepernick in a lot of ways reminds me of Sark. Very Dude Brah attitude, I don't believe he's putting 100% into his field, I don't think he's out working his peers for an example.

Also like Sark he's a front runner. When the game is going good he thrives and is kissing his bicep. When the game starts to get uncomfortable he melts down. Look at every game he's played against the Seahawks even in their wins.

I don't remember too many games where he is leading his team down the field for the game winning score while Wilson has done that a few times in his career including a few in the playoffs even.

I think in three years everyone outside of San Fran will look back laughing that it was ever a debate between Wilson and Kaepernik.
    The Seahawks are a much more complete team than the Niners are, and I think a lot of that has to do with Gore being ancient. The Niners should (and do for the most part) follow a modified Seahawk script...run, run, run, qb run, run, run, qb run, pa pass, run, etc.

Instead, they rely too much on deep routes and look really inefficient against good defenses. I think a lot of that has to do with Gore being old. LMJ isn't going to do shit in the NFL, they need a new RB or two to be legit conenders, IMO

Kaepernick isn't the problem, though he could certainly improve aspects of his game. Not many QB's have his running ability
    Maybe on defense but on offense SF was better at pretty much every position minus RB. Their receivers were a lot better than ours (minus Harvin) and their O-line was one of the best in the league. Ours was a catastrophe. Kaepernick definitely held them back and cost them the NFC title game.

Seattle is a much better defense. SF was a better all-around offense, but Kaep didn't hold them back in the NFC title game, dude. He put the team on his back and was running in 20+ yard chunks against a historic defense. SF should have kept pounding the rock and running Kaep, but Gore was doing jack shit and Kaep can't take a beating, so I can see why the OC was throwing the ball.

Kaepernick didn't cost them the NFC title game. SF's o-line and Gore did. Kaep had like 90% of their rushing yards, which is pathetic. He should never have been throwing on Sherman and Co. to begin with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Seattle is a much better defense. SF was a better all-around offense, but Kaep didn't hold them back in the NFC title game, dude. He put the team on his back and was running in 20+ yard chunks against a historic defense. SF should have kept pounding the rock and running Kaep, but Gore was doing jack shit and Kaep can't take a beating, so I can see why the OC was throwing the ball.

Kaepernick didn't cost them the NFC title game. SF's o-line and Gore did. Kaep had like 90% of their rushing yards, which is pathetic. He should never have been throwing on Sherman and Co. to begin with.
    Kaep turned the ball over three times and before his touchdown pass that was nearly intercepted he was stripped sack but luckily for him an OL recovered it. He should have had 4 TO's that game so yes he did cost them the game.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    Founders Club

Kaep turned the ball over three times and before his touchdown pass that was nearly intercepted he was stripped sack but luckily for him an OL recovered it. He should have had 4 TO's that game so yes he did cost them the game.
    Well, that is one way to look at it. But SF isn't in that game at all without his scrambling ability. Like I said, after the first int they probably shouldn't have been passing it. They definitely shouldn't have after the second one.