Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Inoke Breckterfield named DL Coach

Comments

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited December 2021
    Malloe was always a sub par coach given a pass because he’s a nice guy
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Excellent hire for a position group that has underperformed from 2019-2021. Time to get to work.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No sizzle in the hires.

Offseason natty looked to be in reach a couple of weeks ago and now we see that *we were never in the game.

BTP fed *us his usual optimistic reading of the tea leaves. While nobody takes those posts at face value, I got my hopes up.

I didn't want any UW coaches retained. The stain of losing is on them now.

I wanted DeBoer as coach before any of us thought we'd be rid of Jimmy so soon. I'd be a coward to back off of that just because I'm unimpressed with his staff hires. Again, the head coach is way, way more important than the position coaches and coordinators. If they're mediocre the team will still be good but the
    dOgmaster said:

Kinda left scratching my head. huskies are excited because the new DL coach coached Mack and Darnold, but didn't uw have a coach that coached Vea, Qualls, Gains, Shelton, and ZTF?! And the new coach is from the Islands, which could help with the poly players, but so was the last guy, and that didn’t seem to help. Seems like the same just different name. Guess coming from Vanderbilt is better than ‘an assistant to the running back coach’…maybe.

Malloe wasn't a DL. Malloe had two good recruiting classes and a couple where he got nobody or essentially nobody. Malloe was on the defensive staff that just gave up 300 rushing yards to every team who had a pulse.

This was a significant upgrade. Nobody from a staff that let a whole team go soft should have been retained. *We have to live with Adams and Huff, but I'm glad it's only two of them.

Now Socha needs to be replaced too, and I'll be content to LIPO.
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

He can coach and recruit. Fills the need for a Poly on the staff with Hawaiian connections. Not sure if he has any connections in Utah which is important and could be a big loss if we don't fill that hole.

I really like this hire. Probably the best one on the new staff.

Doesn’t seem like Oregon is keeping big Joe so at least there is some Poly on the staff.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

He can coach and recruit. Fills the need for a Poly on the staff with Hawaiian connections. Not sure if he has any connections in Utah which is important and could be a big loss if we don't fill that hole.

I really like this hire. Probably the best one on the new staff.

Doesn’t seem like Oregon is keeping big Joe so at least there is some Poly on the staff.

huh?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    K, Adams, and Huff wanted out after 2020.

Maybe it's a stain that huff and Adams couldn't/wouldn't get another job as good as Washington, but it shows they knew the pilot was doing shots with the stewardess mid flight.

Bone daWg retained the 2 best recruiters from the previous staff. We haven't seen the OL recruits in action, and the Adams blue chip group essentially was the offense trying to salvage a shit scheme with shit route trees. I have problems with McMillan but he still showed a lot of talent.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    An OSU all-time great. If he coaches half as hard as he played you’ll be happy.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021

The head man dictates whether or not position coaches and coordinators are worth a shit anyways, at least according to me in the recent past. My doog smile is turning to plaster and I'm not going to complain or worry about a thing as it relates to UW until next year.

What part of "doog smile turning to plaster" is lost on you.

The point, though not that clear, is that I give up. I was mocking myself for it.

edit...but all said and done I do think the DL coach was a pretty good hire. Who the fuck knows though? If Deboer is worth a shit then they'll all be fine, just not as good as I expected given the money I thought the AD had available.
  • Options
    EastCoastDoogEastCoastDoog Member Posts: 98
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Is it a home run or a grand slam?
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited December 2021
    dOgmaster said:

Kinda left scratching my head. huskies are excited because the new DL coach coached Mack and Darnold, but didn't uw have a coach that coached Vea, Qualls, Gains, Shelton, and ZTF?! And the new coach is from the Islands, which could help with the poly players, but so was the last guy, and that didn’t seem to help. Seems like the same just different name. Guess coming from Vanderbilt is better than ‘an assistant to the running back coach’…maybe.

By your flawed logic we should have gotten Choate who recruited all of these studs
  • Options
    edited December 2021

dOgmaster said:

By your flawed logic we should have gotten Choate who recruited all of these studs
    Choate recruited Vea and Gaines, none of the others listed though.

But yeah, @dOgmaster's post doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341

Is it a home run or a grand slam?
    Both!

Actually no idea. I don’t really pay attention to d-line corches. LIPO
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dOgmaster said:

Vea and Gaines are our best DL in the last 2 decades. Should have hired Choate ftw
  • Options

dnc said:

dOgmaster said:

Vea and Gaines are our best DL in the last 2 decades. Should have hired Choate ftw
    I don't disagree but your post said he recruited all of them. Shelton and Qualls predated him and ZTF was after him.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

The head man dictates whether or not position coaches and coordinators are worth a shit anyways, at least according to me in the recent past. My doog smile is turning to plaster and I'm not going to complain or worry about a thing as it relates to UW until next year.

What part of "doog smile turning to plaster" is lost on you.

The point, though not that clear, is that I give up. I was mocking myself for it.

edit...but all said and done I do think the DL coach was a pretty good hire. Who the fuck knows though? If Deboer is worth a shit then they'll all be fine, just not as good as I expected given the money I thought the AD had available.
    Do better.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Inge coached Khalil Mack at Buffalo. I like Inge. He seems cools. I’m going to chose to not hate him until I absolutely have to

He seems a little church schoolish tbh. I’ll give him a shot tho. His resume isn’t terrible.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    relying on the junkies who keep tabs on Eastern Michigan's GAs and strength coaches to judge all the assistants. I don't have the time...I mean tim