Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Inoke Breckterfield named DL Coach

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,589
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

He better get to work because our dline is god awful

Whomever the strength coach is going to be they have a ton of work to do with both lines. Too much bad weight. There is a reason this team wilted in fourth quarters and it’s not all on the inept offense. I still think Socha is a good coach. He does what he’s instructed to do by the HC. Boner can’t want the lines to look the way they do. Spring and fall weights will be interesting this year.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Apparently he coached up Aaron Donald at Pitt.
  • Options
    Yup I would love to portal in Bollers
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

He can coach and recruit. Fills the need for a Poly on the staff with Hawaiian connections. Not sure if he has any connections in Utah which is important and could be a big loss if we don't fill that hole.

I really like this hire. Probably the best one on the new staff.

Given the rest of the defensive staff is coming up from Fresno, I'm sure there are connections in Utah. Maybe not as strong as we had recently, but it's probably going to create some stability and credibility here while Inoke gets established out west
  • Options
    Inge coached Khalil Mack at Buffalo. I like Inge. He seems cools. I’m going to chose to not hate him until I absolutely have to
  • Options
    PizzadogPizzadog Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This article describes him as a “secondary recruiter with a developmental focus.” Deboner seems to want to have an emphasis on crooting, but are any of these new coaches actually good at that?
    https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2021/12/17/vanderbilt-defensive-line-coach-leaves-same-position-washington/8941689002/
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Pizzadog said:

This article describes him as a “secondary recruiter with a developmental focus.” Deboner seems to want to have an emphasis on crooting, but are any of these new coaches actually good at that?
    https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2021/12/17/vanderbilt-defensive-line-coach-leaves-same-position-washington/8941689002/

I'd honestly be more interested in his time at Wisconsin. Seems like he was a decent recruiter there, and maybe wants more of an active role in that capacity.
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I like it. Former beav. Knows the west coast. If he’s a good coach he’ll get guys in recruiting too
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Kinda left scratching my head. huskies are excited because the new DL coach coached Mack and Darnold, but didn't uw have a coach that coached Vea, Qualls, Gains, Shelton, and ZTF?! And the new coach is from the Islands, which could help with the poly players, but so was the last guy, and that didn’t seem to help. Seems like the same just different name. Guess coming from Vanderbilt is better than ‘an assistant to the running back coach’…maybe.