Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Linebacking corps is not very good they need the bodies

Our linebackers are good, we just have no young depth. Khmori House is a great start. Need to close Moutdhi.

Things looking great for Jason Brown, rumor is that he might be committing soon.
    Whitney and Bryant seem promising.
    By the time Tupatala and Bruener leave, they'll be in their 3rd year in the program. Other than that, though, there's nothing
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

Our linebackers are good, we just have no young depth. Khmori House is a great start. Need to close Moutdhi.

Things looking great for Jason Brown, rumor is that he might be committing soon.
    I’m more concerned about the defensive line to be honest though
    I'm concerned about them both. Bruener and Tuputala. are solid but the back-ups will be RS-Frosh and walk-ons so a non-senior portal stud would be ideal to bridge the gap.

The DL has better depth but a substantial talent drop off after Tuli L. Tuitele and Bandes are ok and may take the next step next year but a non-senior DT portal stud would be ideal.

Basically Lake and his 2020 and 2021 classes are coming back to bite as they whiffed on DT recruiting (no DTs taken in 2020 and for 2021, Peihopa transferred to Hawaii, Finau is out of football, and Voi Tunuufi is a DE).
    Parker twins will be improved next year
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,646
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

I'm concerned about them both. Bruener and Tuputala. are solid but the back-ups will be RS-Frosh and walk-ons so a non-senior portal stud would be ideal to bridge the gap.

The DL has better depth but a substantial talent drop off after Tuli L. Tuitele and Bandes are ok and may take the next step next year but a non-senior DT portal stud would be ideal.

Basically Lake and his 2020 and 2021 classes are coming back to bite as they whiffed on DT recruiting (no DTs taken in 2020 and for 2021, Peihopa transferred to Hawaii, Finau is out of football, and Voi Tunuufi is a DE).
    Are they hurt or one of them hurt? I honestly thought they were coming along more at the end of the year than they've looked this year. They've been ghosts even against bad teams.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

Are they hurt or one of them hurt? I honestly thought they were coming along more at the end of the year than they've looked this year. They've been ghosts even against bad teams.
    Only one of them was healthy last year (Jayvon) and he's been the only one getting snaps this year as well
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,591
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

HFNY said:

Only one of them was healthy last year (Jayvon) and he's been the only one getting snaps this year as well
    Armon was the better prospect coming out of HS. Jayvon was the throw in that most B1G teams decided was too much to take on to get Armon. They may pan out, they may not. Both were a deep reach late in DeBoers first class. Davis is the guy I’m more excited to see get some time next year. He had offers from teams with a pulse. Illinois and Minnesota both wanted Davis and they both play pretty good defense.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So here's what's on the table still for 2024 most likely?

-Jason Brown committing - I'm not in love but who are they on who is better and the optics of all the top-rated players in WA going to Oregon every year isn't good
    -TE Hansen - Harbaugh could be out and sanctions + you're a white TE from Washington peep the track record at UW homeboy
    -I would be up for poaching an OL commit from the Beav, including one in-state. No idea if this is actually happening or not
    -Flipping Mothudi from Oregon
    -Jericho Johnson though it sounds like UW is losing out even though I thought I heard UW was offering some money
    -Tupou the Palo Alto OT

Anything I'm missing?
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:
    Hogan or maybe the LB from Yelm. Or one of the other 3 LB’s committed to whoregon.

Does anyone pay for that site anymore? Guy seemed to have ran it into the ground.
    It’s not Platt. My Yelm contact says those boys don’t take a shine to UW. He’s all Oregon.
    There’s an LB from Cali (ILTCICIWILTD) who committed to Oregon this summer. He was posting a lot of UW on twatter oriole to committing. I’d guess it’s him.
    Wasn't one of them doing it to troll UW? I think the other was in play though.
    Mothudi was liking and retweeting all kinds of UW shit in the week or two leading up to his commitment.

Platt doesn't seem to have given UW the time of day since his recruiting process began.

Lopa was supposed to OV here but went to Oregon the week before and then canceled his UW visit. Other than that I don't think there's been much talk about him.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:
    Hogan or maybe the LB from Yelm. Or one of the other 3 LB’s committed to whoregon.

Does anyone pay for that site anymore? Guy seemed to have ran it into the ground.
    It’s not Platt. My Yelm contact says those boys don’t take a shine to UW. He’s all Oregon.
    There’s an LB from Cali (ILTCICIWILTD) who committed to Oregon this summer. He was posting a lot of UW on twatter oriole to committing. I’d guess it’s him.
    Mothudi was liking and retweeting all kinds of UW shit in the week or two leading up to his commitment.

Platt doesn't seem to have given UW the time of day since his recruiting process began.

Lopa was supposed to OV here but went to Oregon the week before and then canceled his UW visit. Other than that I don't think there's been much talk about him.
    Yeah I think Mothudi was legit but maybe it was Williams who was 100% Oregon but posted UW shit to troll.

Platt reads like a guy who probably wants like $5k to even visit etc and they just don't think he's that elite of a prospect. The ODea OG too.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

HFNY said:

Armon was the better prospect coming out of HS. Jayvon was the throw in that most B1G teams decided was too much to take on to get Armon. They may pan out, they may not. Both were a deep reach late in DeBoers first class. Davis is the guy I’m more excited to see get some time next year. He had offers from teams with a pulse. Illinois and Minnesota both wanted Davis and they both play pretty good defense.
    I thought Davis looked like one of the better prospects in the class. Great feet and movement. Don't know if he's strong enough to drag down a 210 lb quarterback yet, but that wouldn't disqualify him from playing DL at UW
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

-Jason Brown committing - I'm not in love but who are they on who is better and the optics of all the top-rated players in WA going to Oregon every year isn't good
    -TE Hansen - Harbaugh could be out and sanctions + you're a white TE from Washington peep the track record at UW homeboy
    -I would be up for poaching an OL commit from the Beav, including one in-state. No idea if this is actually happening or not
    -Jericho Johnson though it sounds like UW is losing out even though I thought I heard UW was offering some money
    -Tupou the Palo Alto OT

Anything I'm missing?

Word is that Jericho was the USC visitor actively rooting for UW while sitting behind the USC bench. I think he’s still on the table as far as UWs chances of landing him.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Yeah I think Mothudi was legit but maybe it was Williams who was 100% Oregon but posted UW shit to troll.

Platt reads like a guy who probably wants like $5k to even visit etc and they just don't think he's that elite of a prospect. The ODea OG too.
    I forgot about Dylan Williams. IIRC he got hurt and a lot of teams dropped him, so he called UW back. Earlier in the process I think he announced that he was going to cut to a top 4 or something and then deleted all IG pics except for the UW ones, then left UW off the list lol.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,922
    Standard Supporter

-Tupou the Palo Alto OT

Anything I'm missing?

Word is that Jericho was the USC visitor actively rooting for UW while sitting behind the USC bench. I think he’s still on the table as far as UWs chances of landing him.
    He wasn't. Things are trending away from UW for him per everyone.

The guys cheering for UW were UW commits who unofficially visited for the game
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Damn, Jericho is the one guy I'd open the wallet for and it's important since the 2025 DT class on the West Coast looks subpar.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

-Tupou the Palo Alto OT

Anything I'm missing?

He was unfortunately.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2023

-Tupou the Palo Alto OT

Anything I'm missing?

He was unfortunately.
    So he was there rooting for UW or he was there to get his bag from USC or he wasn’t there and is trending away from UW? Two of those scenarios are unfortunate so which is it?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes I had to edit that. I’m retarded and I bag groceries.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,010
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Yes I had to edit that. I’m retarded and I bag groceries.

TYFYS