Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    So this week and next week are supposed to be our "big recruiting weekends". We've already had like 8 kids cancel their visits and/or commit to other schools. It's also looking like we're going to be battling it out with schools like Oregon State and Wazzu for commits
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

NEsnake12 said:

Kingston Lopa, one of the 4* prospects who was supposed to officially visit UW next weekend, committed to Oregon on his visit there this weekend. Couldn't even get him to wait a week, yikes

Money talks, and we? aren't handing bags out to HS kids (is what I'm hearing).
    LOL....................it's always the money excuse.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

NEsnake12 said:

Kingston Lopa, one of the 4* prospects who was supposed to officially visit UW next weekend, committed to Oregon on his visit there this weekend. Couldn't even get him to wait a week, yikes

What's the Oregon excuse for doing less with more every year?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

NEsnake12 said:

Money "excuse"?

You are legitimately unintelligent.

Vancouver Jack Duck that drives down to Eugene for their surplus sale but can't afford to go to their games.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2023
    NEsnake12 said:
    Maybe scheduling our "big recruiting weekend" way after everyone else was a fucking stupid thing to do.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    In today's recruiting news:
    -yet another visitor has cancelled (this one is a 3* white edge player so many won't be that broken up)
    -we actually got a crystal dong for a guy who has decent offers - LB Khmori House. Plays at Bosco, 4* on rivals, high 3* composite, offers from Texas, Auburn, and a few others
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,047
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Founders Club

What I'm hearing:

People, remember, this is just DeBoer's 2nd recruiting class here. And more importantly, it's just his 2nd recruiting class at the Power-5 level. These 4* recruits still know VERY LITTLE about him or our staff. Patience is a HARD thing to collar in today's society, but just as it is with any new coach at this level, it will still take him/his staff 3 years to get a firm foothold on the west coast.

Buckle up, as I have a very strong feeling it will be a fun ride in the end!

NO, I am NOT the "Recruiting Police", just a fan like everyone else. I don't care of you're fretting or not, that's your business :-)

I'm assuming this is another Kim shit-post. Wasn't he totally trashing DeBoer being hired because he wouldn't be able to recruit? Now he's preaching patience and he just needs more tim...
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

What I'm hearing:

People, remember, this is just DeBoer's 2nd recruiting class here. And more importantly, it's just his 2nd recruiting class at the Power-5 level. These 4* recruits still know VERY LITTLE about him or our staff. Patience is a HARD thing to collar in today's society, but just as it is with any new coach at this level, it will still take him/his staff 3 years to get a firm foothold on the west coast.

NO, I am NOT the "Recruiting Police", just a fan like everyone else. I don't care of you're fretting or not, that's your business :-)

Every other new coach can recruit in year 2. Fucking Arizona is recruiting. But uw coming off of an 11-2 season can't do it because it's hard. Kids are not even coming to campus.

This has me more concerned kdb will jump ship if they have a good season because he sees the pipeline of talent being pretty rough the next couple of years. It's his own fault but still.

Some programs wouldnt touch him because he is definitely sucking in recruiting, but a mid tier big 10 or sec school could definitely come grab him and he wouldn't have to take responsibility for any major holes in the roster.

Still time to turn it around, but it doesn't look promising.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

What I'm hearing:

Every other new coach can recruit in year 2. Fucking Arizona is recruiting. But uw coming off of an 11-2 season can't do it because it's hard. Kids are not even coming to campus.

This has me more concerned kdb will jump ship if they have a good season because he sees the pipeline of talent being pretty rough the next couple of years. It's his own fault but still.

Some programs wouldnt touch him because he is definitely sucking in recruiting, but a mid tier big 10 or sec school could definitely come grab him and he wouldn't have to take responsibility for any major holes in the roster.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

What I'm hearing:

I'm assuming this is another Kim shit-post. Wasn't he totally trashing DeBoer being hired because he wouldn't be able to recruit? Now he's preaching patience and he just needs more tim...
    It's not Kim, but one of the king doogs of UW message bored posting
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Fuck...DeBoer had more success in year one, than any coach at UW in the last 5 seasons. His recruiting is not looking great this year, but he might not be a recruiting guy. He has a great offensive mind, and if he can continue to attract top flight QB and other key playmaker transfers, then I think UW is in the thick of it every year. Whittingham and Smith aren't recruiting juggernauts, but Whittingham has been a consistent winner, and Smith has turned the Oregon State program completely around.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck...DeBoer had more success in year one, than any coach at UW in the last 5 seasons. His recruiting is not looking great this year, but he might not be a recruiting guy. He has a great offensive mind, and if he can continue to attract top flight QB and other key playmaker transfers, then I think UW is in the thick of it every year. Whittingham and Smith aren't recruiting juggernauts, but Whittingham has been a consistent winner, and Smith has turned the Oregon State program completely around.

Fair, but recruiting should be going better regardless and I'm with the guys who think it needs to be. Something isn't right. If there aren't about 12-14 silent commits showing up to visit and announce over the next week or so then it's probably because the sky is falling.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Aren't Brooks shoes based out of Seattle? Someone bake their owner a cake and convince them to be UW's "Uncle Phil." Recruiting will surely take off with this logo on all UW gear!

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

What I'm hearing:

I really do find it amusing to see the Doogs not see the direct relationship between lack of recruiting interest and a coach having one foot out the door ... it's not like that has NEVER happened in college football

What I'd add with recruiting and the future of DeBoer at UW is that you can't undersell how much the uncertainty of where UW is going to end up with any kind of conference realignment is having on not only recruiting but DeBoer's future. If you're staying in a DOA PAC conference that backfills some programs that are leaving to make the conference even more watered down, you'd be an idiot as a coach to not evaluate all of your opportunities when they materialize.

Another thing I haven't heard people talk about or consider is why is Arizona seemingly doing so great in recruiting ... is it because kids are buying what Jedd Fisch is selling more than what Kalen DeBoer is selling? I find that hard to believe. What I don't find hard to believe is that Arizona is one foot out the door to the Big12 and is able to sell their recruits on playing in the Big12. If you are a recruit and you're evaluating whether to choose playing in the Big12 with games that are going to be on actual TV versus playing in the PAC with games on streaming provider TBD with limited at best games on TV ... where are you choosing to play?