Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023
    Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

People, remember, this is just DeBoer's 2nd recruiting class here. And more importantly, it's just his 2nd recruiting class at the Power-5 level. These 4* recruits still know VERY LITTLE about him or our staff. Patience is a HARD thing to collar in today's society, but just as it is with any new coach at this level, it will still take him/his staff 3 years to get a firm foothold on the west coast.

Buckle up, as I have a very strong feeling it will be a fun ride in the end!

NO, I am NOT the "Recruiting Police", just a fan like everyone else. I don't care of you're fretting or not, that's your business :-)

Every other new coach can recruit in year 2. Fucking Arizona is recruiting. But uw coming off of an 11-2 season can't do it because it's hard. Kids are not even coming to campus.

This has me more concerned kdb will jump ship if they have a good season because he sees the pipeline of talent being pretty rough the next couple of years. It's his own fault but still.

Some programs wouldnt touch him because he is definitely sucking in recruiting, but a mid tier big 10 or sec school could definitely come grab him and he wouldn't have to take responsibility for any major holes in the roster.

Still time to turn it around, but it doesn't look promising.
    I really do find it amusing to see the Doogs not see the direct relationship between lack of recruiting interest and a coach having one foot out the door ... it's not like that has NEVER happened in college football

What I'd add with recruiting and the future of DeBoer at UW is that you can't undersell how much the uncertainty of where UW is going to end up with any kind of conference realignment is having on not only recruiting but DeBoer's future. If you're staying in a DOA PAC conference that backfills some programs that are leaving to make the conference even more watered down, you'd be an idiot as a coach to not evaluate all of your opportunities when they materialize.

Another thing I haven't heard people talk about or consider is why is Arizona seemingly doing so great in recruiting ... is it because kids are buying what Jedd Fisch is selling more than what Kalen DeBoer is selling? I find that hard to believe. What I don't find hard to believe is that Arizona is one foot out the door to the Big12 and is able to sell their recruits on playing in the Big12. If you are a recruit and you're evaluating whether to choose playing in the Big12 with games that are going to be on actual TV versus playing in the PAC with games on streaming provider TBD with limited at best games on TV ... where are you choosing to play?

lol so you think that he didn't want the Purdue, Nebraska, MSU, etc jobs (UW barely even had to pay him more) but now all the sudden having 1 kid committed in June means he's leaving after this year?

Fuck off with that.

Enjoy the Big 12. YUGE ratings incoming watching TCU play Arizona and their used car salesman coach.

Meanwhile steam for UW heading to the B1G is picking up.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

People, remember, this is just DeBoer's 2nd recruiting class here. And more importantly, it's just his 2nd recruiting class at the Power-5 level. These 4* recruits still know VERY LITTLE about him or our staff. Patience is a HARD thing to collar in today's society, but just as it is with any new coach at this level, it will still take him/his staff 3 years to get a firm foothold on the west coast.

NO, I am NOT the "Recruiting Police", just a fan like everyone else. I don't care of you're fretting or not, that's your business :-)

Every other new coach can recruit in year 2. Fucking Arizona is recruiting. But uw coming off of an 11-2 season can't do it because it's hard. Kids are not even coming to campus.

This has me more concerned kdb will jump ship if they have a good season because he sees the pipeline of talent being pretty rough the next couple of years. It's his own fault but still.

Some programs wouldnt touch him because he is definitely sucking in recruiting, but a mid tier big 10 or sec school could definitely come grab him and he wouldn't have to take responsibility for any major holes in the roster.

I really do find it amusing to see the Doogs not see the direct relationship between lack of recruiting interest and a coach having one foot out the door ... it's not like that has NEVER happened in college football

What I'd add with recruiting and the future of DeBoer at UW is that you can't undersell how much the uncertainty of where UW is going to end up with any kind of conference realignment is having on not only recruiting but DeBoer's future. If you're staying in a DOA PAC conference that backfills some programs that are leaving to make the conference even more watered down, you'd be an idiot as a coach to not evaluate all of your opportunities when they materialize.

Another thing I haven't heard people talk about or consider is why is Arizona seemingly doing so great in recruiting ... is it because kids are buying what Jedd Fisch is selling more than what Kalen DeBoer is selling? I find that hard to believe. What I don't find hard to believe is that Arizona is one foot out the door to the Big12 and is able to sell their recruits on playing in the Big12. If you are a recruit and you're evaluating whether to choose playing in the Big12 with games that are going to be on actual TV versus playing in the PAC with games on streaming provider TBD with limited at best games on TV ... where are you choosing to play?

lol so you think that he didn't want the Purdue, Nebraska, MSU, etc jobs (UW barely even had to pay him more) but now all the sudden having 1 kid committed in June means he's leaving after this year?

Fuck off with that.

Enjoy the Big 12. YUGE ratings incoming watching TCU play Arizona and their used car salesman coach.

Is your picture next to the definition of an idiot?

No coach is going to leave a roster set up to compete for a National Tittle run … you leave after you’ve proven that you can coach at that level and are able to have a better choice of job and money

I’ve said from the beginning that the B10 always has been the logical landing spot for UW … I’ve also said that UW holds few cards in getting itself to that spot and that being dependent on what the B10 wants to do is not operating from a position of strength. I’ve also said that in the event that a B10 invite does not come that UW needs to act at whatever the next best option is and IMO that option isn’t whatever remains in the PAC

Many are underestimating the damage that will come with UW remaining in the PAC … we all should hope that doesn’t materialize
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2023
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

Fuck off with that.

No coach is going to leave a roster set up to compete for a National Tittle run … you leave after you’ve proven that you can coach at that level and are able to have a better choice of job and money

I’ve said from the beginning that the B10 always has been the logical landing spot for UW … I’ve also said that UW holds few cards in getting itself to that spot and that being dependent on what the B10 wants to do is not operating from a position of strength. I’ve also said that in the event that a B10 invite does not come that UW needs to act at whatever the next best option is and IMO that option isn’t whatever remains in the PAC

Many are underestimating the damage that will come with UW remaining in the PAC … we all should hope that doesn’t materialize
    Staying in the pac is not good. But acting like going to zona because of the big 12 I don't buy for a second.

The lack of recruiting does feel very similar to when lake was here though. He had one foot out the door to the nfl but was exposed as a shitty coach prior.

I am sure Jen is asleep at the wheel.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2023

Fuck...DeBoer had more success in year one, than any coach at UW in the last 5 seasons. His recruiting is not looking great this year, but he might not be a recruiting guy. He has a great offensive mind, and if he can continue to attract top flight QB and other key playmaker transfers, then I think UW is in the thick of it every year. Whittingham and Smith aren't recruiting juggernauts, but Whittingham has been a consistent winner, and Smith has turned the Oregon State program completely around.

Continue to attract top flight qb transfers? How many elite qbs with eligibility do you think played for him at Indiana and Fresno
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

This reads like mHiver fan fiction for Great Plains insurance salesmen
  • Options

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

Fuck off with that.

Staying in the pac is not good. But acting like going to zona because of the big 12 I don't buy for a second.

The lack of recruiting does feel very similar to when lake was here though. He had one foot out the door to the nfl but was exposed as a shitty coach prior.

I’m open to alternative explanations for why Arizona has recruiting momentum over UW … that said the B12 is a better conference moving forward than whatever the PAC turns into

Getting to the bottom of the recruiting issues needs to be discussed and there needs to be accountability for it publicly … too often UW in general is allowed to skate by any responsibility

Wouldn’t expect anything else besides Jen being asleep at the wheel
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

Fuck off with that.

Jesus Christ.

"I've said.."

"I've also said..."

"I'm open to..."

Not reading.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

Fuck off with that.

Lake didn't have one foot out the door. He was a fucking asshole and hs coaches and players hated him and thought he was an arrogant prick.
  • Options
    haie said:

Arizona has nothing. They're desperate because he has 2 seasons at most to make a bowl and he sucks. They're taking players forced out or dropped and he's promising all sorts of shit. His rapist locker room cancer QB is staying for a reason.

Why do CFB fans need this retarded jerkoff material so badly in June?

Last year it was the same shit with DeBoer. It can always get better but it turned out fine.

It turned out fine because your roster was/is still stacked with good upper class talent recruited by CP. As those guys graduate out/go to nfl, massive cracks in the dam are coming unless KDB can turn it around on the recruiting + portal front. You can pretend it’s not coming, but as of right now it definitely is headed that way
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

Fuck off with that.

Lake didn't have one foot out the door. He was a fucking asshole and hs coaches and players hated him and thought he was an arrogant prick.
    Why are they mutually exclusive? You can be an asshole and looking ahead to your next job.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

Arizona has nothing. They're desperate because he has 2 seasons at most to make a bowl and he sucks. They're taking players forced out or dropped and he's promising all sorts of shit. His rapist locker room cancer QB is staying for a reason.

Last year it was the same shit with DeBoer. It can always get better but it turned out fine.

It turned out fine because your roster was/is still stacked with good upper class talent recruited by CP. As those guys graduate out/go to nfl, massive cracks in the dam are coming unless KDB can turn it around on the recruiting + portal front. You can pretend it’s not coming, but as of right now it definitely is headed that way
    I have no idea what's coming. Utah and Oregon State were among the hottest teams at the end of the year. SC and Oregon underwhelmed.

Fans don't know shit about any of this and lack a bunch of variables. I'm sorry. Makes it less fun in the off-season but it's true.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

Fuck off with that.

Why are they mutually exclusive? You can be an asshole and looking ahead to your next job.
    The two doogs who said he was reaching out to the NFL have never substantiated any of that. It's bullshit.

He was a fucking asshole who had to settle on a complete reach of an OC hire. K dipped because he was an idiot.

He was a douche in 2019. Hire out of complete fear. Petersen shares a ton of the blame.

Disaster HC who failed in recruiting ever single year. This doesn't feel like the same situation at all. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

Fuck off with that.

The two doogs who said he was reaching out to the NFL have never substantiated any of that. It's bullshit.

He was a fucking asshole who had to settle on a complete reach of an OC hire. K dipped because he was an idiot.

He was a douche in 2019. Hire out of complete fear. Petersen shares a ton of the blame.

Disaster HC who failed in recruiting ever single year. This doesn't feel like the same situation at all. Just my opinion.
    It would be terrible if anybody found old posts of you talking positively about Jimmy Lake

Everybody is 2 seconds away from being shit to fit your narrative
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

What I'm hearing:

Fuck off with that.

It would be terrible if anybody found old posts of you talking positively about Jimmy Lake

Everybody is 2 seconds away from being shit to fit your narrative
    lol go bring them up. You exposing me as a doog is about as hard as a Subway manager seeing Jared's private thumb drive inserted into the store's corporate laptop.

I'm in the middle of my Oregon victory vacation where I get to laugh at all the bitter beer faces of all the quooks down here.

A lot of 46Q's here. Just butthurt.

Only difference is the smiling beavlets who have seemingly been torturing them worse than I ever could 🍺
  • Options
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

I have no idea what's coming. Utah and Oregon State were among the hottest teams at the end of the year. SC and Oregon underwhelmed.

Fans don't know shit about any of this and lack a bunch of variables. I'm sorry. Makes it less fun in the off-season but it's true.
    Oregon beat Utah the 2nd to last week of the season
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2023
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Oregon State also would have beat them at that point in the year. With Nolan gone and Rising hobbled.

Yes Utah is a bad example. They played great in the one game they had to but Oregon played bad and still beat them.

OSU and UW were the hottest teams.

USC the Pac 12 all star team limped across the finish line and looked underwhelming a lot of the year.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Couldn't agree more with this part.

Recruiting has lost its appeal to me. It used to be fun. I think it's important that UW gets a reasonable % of the guys high on their board and not all fallbacks. Right now it appears there are a disconcerting number of recruits who were high in their board dropping UW. It's concerning with so few early commits.

I still expect double digits commits within a week or two.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,112
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

It’s always about the past with you ducks🙄