Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The kid coaching 0reg0n

AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,730
edited December 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
I watched a few minutes of the press intro. He says the right stuff basically, but this is looking like he is using the young Slick Rick snake oil hype playbook. Apparently his second head coach job, this being, the first being junior girls basketball.

He also dropped "elite." How does it feel O Husky Footballers (RIP Mohun Biswas) to hear such snobbery from the south. He's better than our? coach who was winning NAIA titles when the ELITIST from Georgia was coaching girls basketball.

Comments

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,318
    Naia wow I'll take GA under Saben and DC at Georgia over Naia any day.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    Did he wear a hat that said "ELITE" on it?
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,730

Did he wear a hat that said "ELITE" on it?

People have been saying "oh, he's elite because he coached at Georgia." What a load of bullshit. Any NFL coach would be "more elite" than that.... anyway, the new coach is a classic snake oil salesman full of hot air, and he is, oh yes, very ELITE.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,772 Founders Club

Kick ass presser. He gets it

Goduckies said:

From everything I have seen and heard, we for a good one... he gets it... and with Tosh coming on... look out

Sources said:

I think a lot of people underestimate the difference between being someone an elitistwho schemes vs someone an elitistwho defines culture, goals, and strategy for an entire organization

Fixed for 0regon

edited December 2021
    The important thing to take from the presser is the announcement that UO is an elite football program, unlike other ordinary PAC-12 schools, like Washington...this from a guy whose head coaching experience was girls JV basketball...
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,552 Swaye's Wigwam
    Goduckies said:

Naia wow I'll take GA under Saben and DC at Georgia over Naia any day.

Probably head back to the Tug where you’re mildly accepted there.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    AOG said:

The important thing to take from the presser is the announcement that UO is an elite football program, unlike other ordinary PAC-12 schools, like Washington...this from a guy whose head coaching experience was girls JV basketball...

I don't care if you're the new coach at Arizona. You should call your new program an elite program. For any other reason, it's now elite because you're now coaching there. I don't see what the problem is.

AOG said:

I don't care if you're the new coach at Arizona. You should call your new program an elite program. For any other reason, it's now elite because you're now coaching there. I don't see what the problem is.
    You had some other bizarre argument recently.... so if you declare YOURSELF elite it is not the same as others declaring you elite. It's like saying "I'm a cool popular kid" in high school and hope it works.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,473
    I hope he wore a Go Utes hat. Or rocked a maga like Kanye.
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    Would Cristobal still be the coach if they had won the 2nd game against Utah and were playing in the Rose Bowl?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,006
    AOG said:

AOG said:

You had some other bizarre argument recently.... so if you declare YOURSELF elite it is not the same as others declaring you elite. It's like saying "I'm a cool popular kid" in high school and hope it works.
    Actually, the entire fucking fraternity system is based on this idea. "I can't help it if I'm better at life than you are."

And, both in high school and on Greek row, you'd be surprised how effective it can be.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,006

Would Cristobal still be the coach if they had won the 2nd game against Utah and were playing in the Rose Bowl?

No. He left because Momma called. He gone.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,539 Standard Supporter
    Totally deserved a new thread.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

AOG said:

AOG said:

Actually, the entire fucking fraternity system is based on this idea. "I can't help it if I'm better at life than you are."

And, both in high school and on Greek row, you'd be surprised how effective it can be.
    Entire American society is built on this shit