Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Better a Stepping Stone than a Graveyard?

46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited December 2021 in Duck Refuge
THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

Jim L: 6 years FIRED

Rick N: 4 years FIRED

Keith G: 2 years FIRED

Tyrone W: 4 years FIRED

Steve S: 5 years STEPPING STONE!

Chris P: 6 years QUIT

Jimmy L: 2 years FIRED

In the same timeframe Oregon.

MB moved to AD.
CK to the NFL, Stepping stone!
MH FIRED
SWT to FSU,Stepping stone!
MC to the U, Stepping stone!

Maybe DeB will be successful enough to stepping stone the UW.
History says he's fired in 4 years, roughly.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    How did Sark get 5 years and a USC job

Then drink himself out of USC into the NFL and an OC job at Alabama

Then moved to a high profile job at Texas where in year one he already had a worse season than they’ve had in decades?

If I ever need to sell something, Sark is my first call.
  • Options
    Guy can obviously sell. Himself.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021
    This time, it will be different.

Just ask Jen.

Or “Montana”: He’s got it all dialed in.

“Montana”:
    Poor short-term memory (He attended UW when Willingham and Bark for Sark were HCs);
    He has witnessed the implosion of Husky football under Jimmy Lake;
    Selective long-term memory (Montana was probably still in diapers when Don James was around);
    Unrealistic expectations - Even Peterman couldn’t handle the heat from Doogs;
    Resilient as hell

The highlight of his life is laying 70 on Helrich’s 4-8 team at Autzen.

Hats off to Montana for his unbridled loyalty to UW football!

I would have loved Peterman as HC at Oregon anytime.

• Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021

Then moved to a high profile job at Texas where in year one he already had a worse season than they’ve had in decades?

USC did not properly vet Sark before hiring him. They had no clue what was going on at UW in his personal life. Seems like everyone else that follows college football and some of his UW players were aware of what Sark, Wilcox and Tosh were up to outside of “work” AND Sark’s drinking/marital “problems”.

His drinking problem did not start at USC.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Oregon has had one coach leave to another college program where he wasn’t a multiple title winning player. Not really worried about the stepping stone thing.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Stepping stone > gravestone?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2021
    trublue said:

USC did not properly vet Sark before hiring him. They had no clue what was going on at UW in his personal life. Seems like everyone else that follows college football and some of his UW players were aware of what Sark, Wilcox and Tosh were up to outside of “work” AND Sark’s drinking/marital “problems”.

His drinking problem did not start at USC.
    They didn't have a radio to listen to him slurring his words talking shit about CAL while admitting to recruiting violations.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine making this thread after Oregon willing made themselves a Georgia farm club 😆
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Imagine making this thread after Oregon willing made themselves a Georgia farm club 😆

We? used to be a wazzu farm team.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    haie said:

Graveyard of coaches, UW. You’re such an idiot.

Reached into MWC for a HC.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

I don't get the mountain west thing. It's a natural progression to jump to a similar region and next level if it's clear you're really good there.

Bone dawg has looked really good this entire year and was 67-3 in his longer stint as a hc. Him failing at UW would be a first for his entire fucking career. Bunch of people on the board wanted him months before YimmyGate. I had a feeling he was the guy watching him dismantle SJS even after they were eliminated from their division in a really great year for the MW.

Your? guy ordered the post game kegs for Smart. It's a complete "please just recruit 70% of what Mario did, we'll let you learn on the job if you can" hire.

No one gives a fuck about 20 years of UW shit hires idiot. Dumb ass fluffers quook.
  • Options
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

I don't get the mountain west thing. It's a natural progression to jump to a similar region and next level if it's clear you're really good there.

Bone dawg has looked really good this entire year and was 67-3 in his longer stint as a hc. Him failing at UW would be a first for his entire fucking career. Bunch of people on the board wanted him months before YimmyGate. I had a feeling he was the guy watching him dismantle SJS even after they were eliminated from their division in a really great year for the MW.

Your? guy ordered the post game kegs for Smart. It's a complete "please just recruit 70% of what Mario did, we'll let you learn on the job if you can" hire.

No one gives a fuck about 20 years of UW shit hires idiot. Dumb ass fluffers quook.
    Mountain West or bust man!

In the context of "stepping stone" school, it matters you stupid ass doog.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

Mosster levels of upset.

Might wanna go fishing.
  • Options
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

Mosster levels of upset.

Might wanna go fishing.
    There it is. The Haie flag of defeat. Look at the screed you just typed and keep telling yourself that you're normal. Aspy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Huh. A lot of quooks don't donate here. Even the ones that say they're well off, can't even front 120$ for Derek to upkeep their little shack.

Just an observation.
  • Options
    haie said:

Huh. A lot of quooks don't donate here. Even the ones that say they're well off, can't even front 120$ for Derek to upkeep their little shack.

Just an observation.

This is the wheels coming off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

Just an observation.

This is the wheels coming off.
    Yeah, clearly. 👍
  • Options
    Babbling and rambling now. Maybe get your nap in Haie. You seem cranky.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    I feel like you should donate if you're this level of retarded geriatric quook. Maybe just me though.

Not Bob working on weekends poor person supporter badge. Like actual wigwam appreciation level of donate.
  • Options
    haie said:

I feel like you should donate if you're this level of retarded geriatric quook. Maybe just me though.

Not Bob working on weekends poor person supporter badge. Like actual wigwam appreciation level of donate.

Quook. It has lost it's meaning here Haie. You have seen to that.

When my badge hits Haie, don't think it had anything to do with you. Okay little buddy?