Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

JIMMY JOHNSON reacts to the MIAMI HIRING MARIO CRISTOBAL as head coach of the MIAMI HURRICANES

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    If it’s good enough for Jimmy, it’s good enough for me,
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    JJ could coach. MC, still questionable. My money is on U fan sounding like Duck fan, 3 years from now.
    46XiJCAB said:

JJ could coach. MC, still questionable. My money is on U fan sounding like Duck fan, 3 years from now.

I really don’t think so. But we will see.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

JJ is a known Duck hater.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    The first two years will be extremely important. Diaz is a better game day coach. So I expect Miami to actually dip the next couple years until Cristobal gets better talent in there. But how bad will those first two years be, and how will it affect future classes for Cristobal?

The first two years will be extremely important. Diaz is a better game day coach. So I expect Miami to actually dip the next couple years until Cristobal gets better talent in there. But how bad will those first two years be, and how will it affect future classes for Cristobal?

Thank Lanning. Chip or Wilcox, I was gone
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Are you confident in your assessment that Diaz is a better game to coach? That seems like something you would not likely be aware of, unless you follow Miami fairly closely. I watched a game last year against North Carolina in which the Tar Heels gained 10,000 yards on the ground on the same play. Miami had to first round Defensive linemen On the field that day. Tell me again how great a game day Coach Diaz is. And mind you, Diaz is a defensive coach.

If you ask Jimmy to find Oregon on a map, it would take him a few seconds. Anyway, I don’t really care.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021

Are you confident in your assessment that Diaz is a better game to coach? That seems like something you would not likely be aware of, unless you follow Miami fairly closely. I watched a game last year against North Carolina in which the Tar Heels gained 10,000 yards on the ground on the same play. Miami had to first round Defensive linemen On the field that day. Tell me again how great a game day Coach Diaz is. And mind you, Diaz is a defensive coach.

I hope Cristobal takes that Fing Pistol Offense to Miami.

He hired a terrific OC and stuck with that POC offense because it was preferred by his RB coordinator, apparently.

46XiJCAB said:

I really don’t think so. But we will see.
    Great recruiter. He’ll have to hire a great OC and let him do his job.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021

If you ask Jimmy to find Oregon on a map, it would take him a few seconds. Anyway, I don’t really care.
    Right, so how many Oregon games do you think watched in order to form his opinion on the hire?

Right, so how many Oregon games do you think watched in order to form his opinion on the hire?
    Is ZERO too many?
    trublue said:

I hope Cristobal takes that Fing Pistol Offense to Miami.

He hired a terrific OC and stuck with that POC offense because it was preferred by his RB coordinator, apparently.
    Moorhead had no intention in sticking with MC
    edited December 2021
    The problem with Cristobal is the fact that his only expertise is on the offensive line. It doesn’t matter who he hires as OC, Mario is going run the offense based on his offensive line scheme. Getting the ball consistently to the best playmakers will always take a backseat.
    MC turned Moorhead into an average OC, just like he turned JH into a game manager. Nothing will change at the U. 3 years and it won't matter that he's from Miami. They LOVED Manny D. Until they didn't.
    Moorhead was signed and gone the day after the PAC-12 Championship Game.

None. Johnson spends his time fishing and doing broadcast. He likes the hire because that’s what you say and he knows Cristobal.

Sounds like you guys are really happy he’s gone. Good luck the rest of the way.