Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

College Foosball Playoff

2»

Comments

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,555 Founders Club
    It's pretty lame to be honest. If Bama had two losses but won the sec they probably would have bumped Cincinnati out.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Yeah I'm not watching another Alabama vs Georgia game, assuming both of them win. The CFP (UW's incompetence isn't helping) is slowly killing my love of probably my favorite hobby.

The SEC title game was meaningless for Georgia. What a sport. No thanks.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Yeah I'm not watching another Alabama vs Georgia game, assuming both of them win. The CFP (UW's incompetence isn't helping) is slowly killing my love of probably my favorite hobby.

Yeah this is fucked up. That was a play in game for Bama, and meant everything to them and other teams on the bubble, while Georgia had seeding to try and get motivated for and not a hell of a lot else. Even as they lost I'm sure most players, fans, and even coaches were thinking "oh well, we'll get them again in a few weeks".

I don't really know if there's a solution. I'm game to try a larger playoff, I guess. The first round games for the top 3-4 seeds would be tap in wins 99% of the time, but we'd get some good battles from the mid seeded teams and the occasional second round upset of the top 4. It'd be something...more than what we're getting now.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,366 Founders Club
    chuck said:

Gladstone said:

Yeah this is fucked up. That was a play in game for Bama, and meant everything to them and other teams on the bubble, while Georgia had seeding to try and get motivated for and not a hell of a lot else. Even as they lost I'm sure most players, fans, and even coaches were thinking "oh well, we'll get them again in a few weeks".

I don't really know if there's a solution. I'm game to try a larger playoff, I guess. The first round games for the top 3-4 seeds would be tap in wins 99% of the time, but we'd get some good battles from the mid seeded teams and the occasional second round upset of the top 4. It'd be something...more than what we're getting now.
    Good poast.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Take the points in both games
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,672 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Gladstone said:

there are 34 crappy bowl games, turn the crappy bowel games into preliminary rounds of the championship then the bigger bowels 1/4 finals etc.
    Hell it works for the lower level football divisions. make them sort of regional to keep fan interest.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

there are 34 crappy bowl games, turn the crappy bowel games into preliminary rounds of the championship then the bigger bowels 1/4 finals etc.
    Hell it works for the lower level football divisions. make them sort of regional to keep fan interest.
    Agree. I think it's past time for a tournament format and it's past time to eliminate the useless bowl games. The prospect of earning another round of play is always going to be motivation to play and play hard and for fans to show up. Contrast that with the current situation, where all the charitable bowl games give a marginal cash boost to the schools, nobody watches, and many of the draft prospects aren't willing to even play. We've seen top players sit out everything but playoff games...even the NY6 games. It's fucking unacceptable.

Make it 32 teams if you want. I'd even be fine with shortening the regular/conference seasons to make time for it, but that's only five games max. That could happen between Dec 1 and about a week into January, leaving time for a regular season of at least 10-11 games.

Hell, do a consolation 32 team too if you want like the NIT in hoops. It might even make money if you did it smartly.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    chuck said:

LebamDawg said:

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

Agree. I think it's past time for a tournament format and it's past time to eliminate the useless bowl games. The prospect of earning another round of play is always going to be motivation to play and play hard and for fans to show up. Contrast that with the current situation, where all the charitable bowl games give a marginal cash boost to the schools, nobody watches, and many of the draft prospects aren't willing to even play. We've seen top players sit out everything but playoff games...even the NY6 games. It's fucking unacceptable.

Make it 32 teams if you want. I'd even be fine with shortening the regular/conference seasons to make time for it, but that's only five games max. That could happen between Dec 1 and about a week into January, leaving time for a regular season of at least 10-11 games.

Hell, do a consolation 32 team too if you want like the NIT in hoops. It might even make money if you did it smartly.
    Somehow the FCS has figured it out.