Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

End of an era

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

The Boz was smart though

Boz also I believe won at the college level
    Boz was an animal in college, a ticking time bomb with a lot of mileage on his body already coming out of Oklahoma. Yet never forget:

National champion (1985)
    Heisman Trophy finalist (1986)
    2× Butkus Award (1985, 1986)
    2× Unanimous All-American (1985, 1986)
    3× All-Big Eight (1984–1986)
    That’s a resume that would be drooled upon down South
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

The Boz was smart though

Boz was an animal in college, a ticking time bomb with a lot of mileage on his body already coming out of Oklahoma. Yet never forget:

National champion (1985)
    Selling Broncos fans those anti Boz shirts was hilarious! Dude turned their hate for him into cash in his wallet. Classic
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,297
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    The two Pac 12 title games in 2019 and 2020 made his career at Oregon. Oregon doesn’t win those two games without him.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,569
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

The Boz was smart though

National champion (1985)
    Selling Broncos fans those anti Boz shirts was hilarious! Dude turned their hate for him into cash in his wallet. Classic
    He donated the profits to a Seattle charity, according to his autobiography
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

Everett Thompson, no?

I'm impressed with myself for remembering, if I'm indeed correct.

Thompson was all but invisible as an underclassman. I remember people clamoring for him to play, then being nonplussed when he did. He was pretty solid when he moved inside as an upperclassman. He was OK outside as a contain DE, but wasn't quick enough to be much of an outside rusher.

Smalls has the coming season to show me something before I give up on him. He's still an underclassman.

Kavario Middleton
    The weed be letting him know
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    chuck said:

There's never been a more over-hyped and over-promoted player

Who are your top 5?
    Hackenburg is up there.
    Race has it right. The rest of you are wrong.

There’s plenty of metrics to look at as to why he’s so good and has been good.
    I think he's good and hasn't failed relative to the hype. He does seem like a fuck bag to me though for whatever that's worth.
    That's the right take. I'm not sure I'd want to coach him at the college level. In the NFL his fuckbaggery will stand out less and he'll have to be very, very good to get away with it.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,261
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Had as many career sacks as Kikaha did in 2014 alone. Also can’t wait to hear the negative press leading up to the draft about his real size
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Had as many career sacks as Kikaha did in 2014 aloneg. Also can’t wait to hear the negative press leading up to the draft about his real size

?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,261
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Had as many career sacks as Kikaha did in 2014 aloneg. Also can’t wait to hear the negative press leading up to the draft about his real size

?

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Interesting, I always thought he looked really thin for an nfl defensive end.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Interesting, I always thought he looked really thin for an nfl defensive end.

Despite Feld's best efforts, Kayvon just couldn't quite #fillthesleeves
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I think he will have a decent NFL career but will not live up to #1 overall pick if that is where he is taken.
  • Options
    On the overall grand scheme of things, Thibs did not live up to the hype. But he stepped up in a couple very high profile games that made a huge difference. so in that sense, I'm not disappointed. Oregon was better with him.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

On the overall grand scheme of things, Thibs did not live up to the hype. But he stepped up in a couple very high profile games that made a huge difference. so in that sense, I'm not disappointed. Oregon was better with him.

He was better than that and I'd say lived up to the hype. It's not just sack numbers. It's how many offensive players are being used, and how much time they are spending thinking about how, to neutralize you. He also wasn't playing with Ojabo on the other side.
  • Options

He was better than that and I'd say lived up to the hype. It's not just sack numbers. It's how many offensive players are being used, and how much time they are spending thinking about how, to neutralize you. He also wasn't playing with Ojabo on the other side.
    I agree
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,798
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beth Mowins, is that you? You're right, I remember Terrell Suggs struggled to get sacks because Jimmy Verndon was the other DE. It's college. It's the Pac-12. Make plays or fuck off.