Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

socha

2»

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,496 Swaye's Wigwam

I remember Socha saying that after the Bama game he needed to completely overhaul his system. Not sure that worked out so well as it feels like even Pete teams were softer after that.

They weren't softer. They were just too big and a lot slower and not as quick.
    "Soft" I remember us melting in second halves thereafter which was never a problem before. Not mutually exclusive ideas. Tomato Tomato
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited December 2021
    NEsnake12 said:

My best guess is that the COVID restrictions and protocols fucked up Socha's system, and he didn't make the right adjustments to keep everyone in shape

So he failed. Time for him to go join pete
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,867 Founders Club

Buffy Miller thinks he's awesome and so did some former players.

I wanted him gone but its possible it was a rotten fish head situation

Strength and conditioning did drop off the face of the earth 🌎

Buffy Miller still thinks Jimmy Lake was a great coach and we got rid of him too quickly. I'll pass on Buffy's opinions
    Parents of former players read this board
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Buffy Miller still thinks Jimmy Lake was a great coach and we got rid of him too quickly. I'll pass on Buffy's opinions
    We love Buffy, but that is bad take. Jimmy was moron for pissing away a great opportunity to build generational wealth for this family
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,800

It seemed better when this bored was underground.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Getting opinions from parents and players is always a weird thing to me.

Regarding Buffy, I’m sure she loves Lake because he helped Jordan get drafted and she probably talked to Lake often during the recruiting process back when he still recruited.

Getting an opinion from a player is another interesting exercise. Players will say “Coach is the best coach I’ve ever had” and if the player is in college, I would fucking hope a college coach is better than your high school and peewee coaches.
    This. Miller was one of the earlier recruits when Jimmy was just a DB coach, so I am sure he built a great relationship with them. Lake was a lights out DB coach/recruiter and as you eluded too, got Jordan drafted and he was a pretty low level recruit.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,719 Swaye's Wigwam
    Socha could probably be a decent S&C coach again under DeBoer, but the question is whether DeBoer thinks he's a good fit.

Socha was at BSU when they beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl and had some decent years at UW, but 2019 onward has been bad
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    Never understood why he was hired in the first place. Kind of doughy.

• AlpoAlpo Member Posts: 98
    LawDawg1 said:

It seemed better when this bored was underground.
    The wit, the erudition, the insight, the tits -- the draw was too powerful. You are all victims of your own excellence.