Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

socha

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,676 Swaye's Wigwam
Wtf happened with this guy? Why did our players go from badass to soft with presumably the same or a similar program

Im talking best defense in the nation with jacked dudes to softer than Sark

Comments

• PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    Socha must go. Was amazed but how soft and tubby our linemen looked this year
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,867 Founders Club
    And the OP sounds like a jilted lover
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Wtf happened with this guy? Why did our players go from badass to soft with presumably the same or a similar program

Typically the s&c coach is taking input from the staff on how to morph their bodies and want to emphasize. Once Pete left this completely fell off. My guess is Pete put the fear of god into the coaches and players to be in shape. Jimmy was, well whatever. Just a hunch. Race Porter is the only player that got yoked and faster.
    I realized socha sucked after the huskies and Petersen lost to a shit Auburn team… that’s when I realized we’d never be physical enough to beat sec teams with Petersen
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    My best guess is that the COVID restrictions and protocols fucked up Socha's system, and he didn't make the right adjustments to keep everyone in shape
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    Rotten head coach, rotten program.

I'm convinced that the right head coach will get his assistants to perform, period. When they don't it's on him and him alone and he usualky gets one chance to fix it.

So, while I don't blame the assistant coaches for the way their units performed this year, I want them all gone anyways because I'm kind of tired of recycled names, but I know it's not happening.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

My best guess is that the COVID restrictions and protocols fucked up Socha's system, and he didn't make the right adjustments to keep everyone in shape

If true, FTG. If not true, FTG.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,356 Swaye's Wigwam

Typically the s&c coach is taking input from the staff on how to morph their bodies and want to emphasize. Once Pete left this completely fell off. My guess is Pete put the fear of god into the coaches and players to be in shape. Jimmy was, well whatever. Just a hunch. Race Porter is the only player that got yoked and faster.
    Semi related but heard from a former player Sark would be in the weight room eating a bag of chips and yelling at guys for not working hard enough and then Petersen came in and work would work out with them and everything changed
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

Semi related but heard from a former player Sark would be in the weight room eating a bag of chips and yelling at guys for not working hard enough and then Petersen came in and work would work out with them and everything changed
    It's totally related. It's another illustration of how it's always the head coach.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,496 Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember Socha saying that after the Bama game he needed to completely overhaul his system. Not sure that worked out so well as it feels like even Pete teams were softer after that.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

I remember Socha saying that after the Bama game he needed to completely overhaul his system. Not sure that worked out so well as it feels like even Pete teams were softer after that.

Actually the roster got way bigger that off season so that was probably what they were referring to. I remember rapp and McIntosh I think put on like 10lbs which was odd at that point in their careers. They were impressed with bama’s stars apparently and their tailback trucking the entire defense down the sidelines.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861

They weren't softer. They were just too big and a lot slower and not as quick.

He’s gone.

Do you know if Malloe is also gone? I’m on the fence with him…