Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DC candidates

Comments

• digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,483

Ideal defensive staff would be
    DC Steinauer
    DL Malloe
    LB Julius Brown
    DB JD Williams
    DB/Co-DC Donte Williams

I’ll take their current DC as the LB coach over Brown. They were right near the top of the country in sacks at Fresno so the DL coach might be a good hire too. No to JD Williams. That isn’t the move.

Donte and/or another big time recruiter is vital.
    Can you elaborate on JD Williams? I’m not too familiar with him, though I know he coached here back in the day
    Journeyman coach. He’s been all over. Older coaches like that often suck at recruiting. I simply don’t see the point of having him on staff. He doesn’t have a special track record recruiting or developing and has been coaching a long time.
    JD Williams was UW's CB coach during the Ty years, 2006-2008. Nuffsed.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    chuck said:

I dont want shit retread coaches even if they have reputations as recruiters. Lupoi was nothing special at UW...just another member of the sark clown show who Miles Jack seemed to hate. Williams has been a part of the loser show at SC and that's a stain that doeant wash off easily.

DeBone can find his own ace recruiters. That's his job and he knows it. I hope he finds some that aren't shit coaches.

Momentum is a real thing, and UW is going to fall tremendously behind if we don’t recruit at a decent level over the first year. DeBoer could find some unknown guys who are recruiting aces… but why take that risk? His assistant salary pool is about to be 4x what it was at Fresno… use it
    The only bright spot on this team this season, and during the last however many years, has been our secondary play, which was exceptional and ranked 4th in the nation at the end of this season. If we? can find a way to continue that, it would be huge.

I'm not a big Will Harris fan, but Terrence Brown could be a coach we? want to hold onto to try and keep our secondary scheme/technique intact. Hire Donte Williams as the other secondary coach to recruit, Brown as the Xs and Os guy, and that would be dynamite.

Other than Brown, I wouldn't consider retaining any other coach, on offense or defense.

digits said:

The only bright spot on this team this season, and during the last however many years, has been our secondary play, which was exceptional and ranked 4th in the nation at the end of this season. If we? can find a way to continue that, it would be huge.

I'm not a big Will Harris fan, but Terrence Brown could be a coach we? want to hold onto to try and keep our secondary scheme/technique intact. Hire Donte Williams as the other secondary coach to recruit, Brown as the Xs and Os guy, and that would be dynamite.

Other than Brown, I wouldn't consider retaining any other coach, on offense or defense.

Pass defense isn’t hard when you beg the team to run.
    But still.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,975 Founders Club
    I know people here are slow, so I'm not surprised that all of you are criticizing assistants that played under a shitty head coach.

Head coach culture is everything - that JD Williams sucked 15 years ago under Ty or Donte Williams sucked under Helton (while still recruiting well) means nothing unless they're going to play for another loser coach. If that's the case, we're fucked anyway.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I dont want shit retread coaches even if they have reputations as recruiters. Lupoi was nothing special at UW...just another member of the sark clown show who Miles Jack seemed to hate. Williams has been a part of the loser show at SC and that's a stain that doeant wash off easily.

DeBone can find his own ace recruiters. That's his job and he knows it. I hope he finds some that aren't shit coaches.

It's not reputation; he has the results. And no, it's not easy to find stud recruiters, which is why Donte is the highest-paid position coach in the country, making over a million per year.
    Him and USC are a pretty shitty example if you're trying to prove a point. How are things working out on that front? They suck.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    Sources said:

I know people here are slow, so I'm not surprised that all of you are criticizing assistants that played under a shitty head coach.

Head coach culture is everything - that JD Williams sucked 15 years ago under Ty or Donte Williams sucked under Helton (while still recruiting well) means nothing unless they're going to play for another loser coach. If that's the case, we're fucked anyway.

I think he was let go by Utah too. I don’t think he is what we are looking for.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,232 Swaye's Wigwam
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,232 Swaye's Wigwam

That's the name of a position group in their 4-2-5 scheme. But yeah, I did the same double-take.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    digits said:

Ideal defensive staff would be
    DC Steinauer
    DL Malloe
    LB Julius Brown
    DB JD Williams
    DB/Co-DC Donte Williams

I’ll take their current DC as the LB coach over Brown. They were right near the top of the country in sacks at Fresno so the DL coach might be a good hire too. No to JD Williams. That isn’t the move.

Donte and/or another big time recruiter is vital.
    Can you elaborate on JD Williams? I’m not too familiar with him, though I know he coached here back in the day
    Journeyman coach. He’s been all over. Older coaches like that often suck at recruiting. I simply don’t see the point of having him on staff. He doesn’t have a special track record recruiting or developing and has been coaching a long time.
    JD Williams was UW's CB coach during the Ty years, 2006-2008. Nuffsed.
    If he went elsewhere and really shined I wouldn’t care, but yeah. The guy doesn’t seem like a very good coach.
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 714 Swaye's Wigwam

It also leaves out all- American fb player at WWU. Go VIKS! Great dude hope he gets a shot. Football IQ has always been off the charts, he was coaching in his college years.
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,058 Founders Club

ntxduck said:

Steinauer and Donte Williams on the DC would be a big dick move.

I saw the booster plane went to Jacksonville this weekend. We have a little ole friend by the name of Tosh Lupoi who is the DL coach for the jags. I doubt any of this happens because I want it to happen. But please.

If he gets tosh lupoi on staff, watch out. Tosh is one of the best recruiters I’ve ever dealt with. He’s currently with Jacksonville
    This has to be a copypasta
    It’s not just home run copypasta, it’s a grand slam.