Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DC candidates

GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 457
edited November 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
Orlondo Steinauer’s got Fresno ties to Tedford and DeBoer, plus he’s from Seattle. Bring him home to run the defense
2017 Broyles nominee at Fresno, 2019 CFL coach of the year, DB guru
other candidates: William Inge (current Fresno DC)
Jeff Choate, Wilcox?

Comments

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam
    The piano guy?
  • GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 457
    edited November 2021

Steinauer and Donte Williams on the DC would be a big dick move.

I saw the booster plane went to Jacksonville this weekend. We have a little ole friend by the name of Tosh Lupoi who is the DL coach for the jags. I doubt any of this happens because I want it to happen. But please.

I would hope Williams would only be DC in title alone, he’s a shit coach but great recruiter, same for Tosh but not as shitty as Donte
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2021

I saw the booster plane went to Jacksonville this weekend. We have a little ole friend by the name of Tosh Lupoi who is the DL coach for the jags. I doubt any of this happens because I want it to happen. But please.

Is there any evidence of williams teaching technique or a good scheme? The coordinator position needs to be a X’s and O’s Guy. You hire your mercenaries at the position level and build them up as needed.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Is there any evidence of him teaching technique or a good scheme. The coordinator position needs to be a X’s and O’s Guy. You hire your mercenaries at the assistant level and build them up as needed.
    Steinhauer had the #10 defense in the country at Fresno in 2017. Before moving to be the Hamilton Tiger Cats HC where he won the most games as a rookie HC in the history of the CFL. From Lynnwood.
    Sorry I edited. I was referring to williams. Would love to have him on staff, but to give him the keys to a defense seems like a stretch.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861

Is there any evidence of him teaching technique or a good scheme. The coordinator position needs to be a X’s and O’s Guy. You hire your mercenaries at the assistant level and build them up as needed.
    Steinhauer had the #10 defense in the country at Fresno in 2017. Before moving to be the Hamilton Tiger Cats HC where he won the most games as a rookie HC in the history of the CFL. From Lynnwood.
    Sorry I edited. I was referring to williams. Would love to have him on staff, but to give him the keys to a defense seems like a stretch.
    I would love him as one of our DB coaches and recruiting coordinator.
  • LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,276
    NEsnake12 said:

I would hope Williams would only be DC in title alone, he’s a shit coach but great recruiter, same for Tosh but not as shitty as Donte
    Doing some digging into Steinhauer. He looks awesome. Throw at the bag at the defensive staff.
    To anyone who'd wonder why he'd leave a HC position in the CFL... he's likely making $500k or less annually in that job, based on what I can find about CFL coaching salaries. Money talks
    We could go north if 1 mil pretty easily to get him. It also sets him up for a college HC position

Ideal defensive staff would be
    DC Steinauer
    DL Malloe
    LB Julius Brown
    DB JD Williams
    DB/Co-DC Donte Williams

If that’s his defensive staff he’ll be successful. Think you can do better at LB though.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

DC Steinauer
    DL Malloe
    LB Julius Brown
    DB JD Williams
    DB/Co-DC Donte Williams

If that’s his defensive staff he’ll be successful. Think you can do better at LB though.
    Timu

DC Steinauer
    DL Malloe
    LB Julius Brown
    DB JD Williams
    DB/Co-DC Donte Williams

Timu
    Yeah maybe. I love the idea of Donte and Steinhauer though. Orlondo lost in the grey cup his first year as a CFL coach. Has had one of the top defenses in the league. Donte’s a serial recruiter and would get Wayne to stay home imo
  • GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 457

DC Steinauer
    DL Malloe
    LB Julius Brown
    DB JD Williams
    DB/Co-DC Donte Williams

Ideally we could, but I bet DeBoer will stick with who he knows. In all likelihood he’ll replace Donte Williams’ name with Chuck Morrell.
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 818
    I get the local connection with Steinauer but I honestly have no idea how common it is for guys to go back and forth between Canada and NCAA. Seems like a guy who is probably beloved by CFL fans but unknown in the US. Maybe he wants to stay there?
    ntxduck said:

If he gets tosh lupoi on staff, watch out. Tosh is one of the best recruiters I’ve ever dealt with. He’s currently with Jacksonville
    This has to be a copypasta

I get the local connection with Steinauer but I honestly have no idea how common it is for guys to go back and forth between Canada and NCAA. Seems like a guy who is probably beloved by CFL fans but unknown in the US. Maybe he wants to stay there?

Make more money here.