Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DC candidates

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

I get the local connection with Steinauer but I honestly have no idea how common it is for guys to go back and forth between Canada and NCAA. Seems like a guy who is probably beloved by CFL fans but unknown in the US. Maybe he wants to stay there?

Offer $1M with no income tax to go to your hometown and I would think he would leave. Maybe he hates Seattle though. I don’t know. It will be Interesting.
  • GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 457

Ideal defensive staff would be
    DC Steinauer
    DL Malloe
    LB Julius Brown
    DB JD Williams
    DB/Co-DC Donte Williams

I’ll take their current DC as the LB coach over Brown. They were right near the top of the country in sacks at Fresno so the DL coach might be a good hire too. No to JD Williams. That isn’t the move.

Donte and/or another big time recruiter is vital.
    Can you elaborate on JD Williams? I’m not too familiar with him, though I know he coached here back in the day
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861
    TheHB said:

ntxduck said:

Steinauer and Donte Williams on the DC would be a big dick move.

I saw the booster plane went to Jacksonville this weekend. We have a little ole friend by the name of Tosh Lupoi who is the DL coach for the jags. I doubt any of this happens because I want it to happen. But please.

If he gets tosh lupoi on staff, watch out. Tosh is one of the best recruiters I’ve ever dealt with. He’s currently with Jacksonville
    Yes, it makes total sense that he would leave an NFL assistant job to take a second tier college assistant job.

It also makes total sense that the Lesbos who run UW would agree to hire someone who got busted for cheating at football.

(Note: I capitalized Lesbos out of respect.)
    Urban’s getting shit canned hth
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

ntxduck said:

I saw the booster plane went to Jacksonville this weekend. We have a little ole friend by the name of Tosh Lupoi who is the DL coach for the jags. I doubt any of this happens because I want it to happen. But please.

If he gets tosh lupoi on staff, watch out. Tosh is one of the best recruiters I’ve ever dealt with. He’s currently with Jacksonville
    Yes, it makes total sense that he would leave an NFL assistant job to take a second tier college assistant job.

It also makes total sense that the Lesbos who run UW would agree to hire someone who got busted for cheating at football.

(Note: I capitalized Lesbos out of respect.)
    Urban’s getting shit canned hth
    What does that have to do with anything?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Ideal defensive staff would be
    DC Steinauer
    DL Malloe
    LB Julius Brown
    DB JD Williams
    DB/Co-DC Donte Williams

I’ll take their current DC as the LB coach over Brown. They were right near the top of the country in sacks at Fresno so the DL coach might be a good hire too. No to JD Williams. That isn’t the move.

Donte and/or another big time recruiter is vital.

The Fresno OL coach seems like a bright up and comer. He’s Samoan too.

Their QB coach and OC had previously been DeBoer’s OL coach at other stops. I would probably rather have a QB coach/OC that actually played QB, but DeBoer is the de facto QB coach so it might not matter.
    Is the offensive line any good?

They were not the best running team and Haener had Britain Covey like experiences vs Oregon and UCLA. I know he holds the ball a lot and they send their backs out a lot too, but the line play did not stick out as anywhere near good. First play of the year the left tackle whiffed on thibodeaux lolz.
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    edited November 2021
    NEsnake12 said:

I would hope Williams would only be DC in title alone, he’s a shit coach but great recruiter, same for Tosh but not as shitty as Donte
    Doing some digging into Steinhauer. He looks awesome. Throw at the bag at the defensive staff.
    To anyone who'd wonder why he'd leave a HC position in the CFL... he's likely making $500k or less annually in that job, based on what I can find about CFL coaching salaries. Money talks
    He left Fresno State because he hated recruiting and didn't want to do it. That is his only year in college for a reason because he was offered better jobs. If he does come here, he's not going to recruit at all which you might be able to get away with as DC.
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    ntxduck said:

This is fantasy land unfortunately
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861

NEsnake12 said:

I would hope Williams would only be DC in title alone, he’s a shit coach but great recruiter, same for Tosh but not as shitty as Donte
    Doing some digging into Steinhauer. He looks awesome. Throw at the bag at the defensive staff.
    To anyone who'd wonder why he'd leave a HC position in the CFL... he's likely making $500k or less annually in that job, based on what I can find about CFL coaching salaries. Money talks
    He left Fresno State because he hated recruiting and didn't want to do it. That is his only year in college for a reason because he was offered better jobs. If he does come here, he's not going to recruit at all which you might be able to get away with as DC.
    That’s why you get Donte.
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

With DeBoer as head coach, we need at least one ace defensive mind on the staff regardless of their ability to recruit. We need a Kwat
    Agree, which is why you could get away with it.
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    But my concern is the staff. Just because donte Williams follows softy means nothing
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424

Williams doesn’t seem to be a good coach but also doesn’t stay anywhere long enough for people to figure it out
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,630 Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

This has to be a copypasta

ntxduck said:

This is fantasy land unfortunately
    I can't even pick which image to use to refer to this sequence. There are too many.
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club

Fuck Kwat

He’s about to get canned so he’ll probably come highly recommended by Petersen.