Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Fudgie

13»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,117 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Deboner sucks until he doesn't.

So does Campbell and every other candidate.
    I would have pooped for stoops.
    Same here my OC BFF. But Stoops was a risky hire too. I’d take him and Doog out. But still he could easily flop at UW.
    And? So we agree Stoops would have been doog worthy.

Ain't gonna make me doog for deboner aka plan C just because who else?

He could work out but odds are he doesn't. This is a small tim hire make no mistake.
    Like I said I’d take Campbell but what the fuck had he done besides 2020 that makes him a slam dunk “elite” hire? I just don’t see this huge spread between a DeBoner and a Campbell
    Campbell would have also made me shrug in all honesty. Probably more "known" as a commodity but still a hypothetical now so who cares?

Deboner is better than Wilcucks but so what?

The only reason people are dooging is because they were afraid of that. In a vacuum this is s very LiPo meh hire.

I can't wait for people to doog it up for 9-3 and an Alamo bowl in 3 years.
    How many slam dunk hires have there even been in the past 20 years ?

Urbs to Florida in 2004?

Saban to Bammer wasn’t a slam dunk at the time?

Harbough finally beat the Bucks after how many years ?

Chip still hasn’t broken through.

Herman failed miserably at Texas.

The list is endless.

It’s better to be lucky than good.
    I generally agree with your premise but Saban was an absolute grand slam for Bama at the time.
    He was a great hire by Bamma. Not a grand slam. The Saban Natty at LSU was silly and USC would have plungered them in 2003. The Hat and Ed O also won natties at LSU.
  • coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,218
    edited November 2021
    I’m retarded and posted in the wrong topic
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,117 Founders Club

Same here my OC BFF. But Stoops was a risky hire too. I’d take him and Doog out. But still he could easily flop at UW.

He could work out but odds are he doesn't. This is a small tim hire make no mistake.
    Like I said I’d take Campbell but what the fuck had he done besides 2020 that makes him a slam dunk “elite” hire? I just don’t see this huge spread between a DeBoner and a Campbell
    Campbell would have also made me shrug in all honesty. Probably more "known" as a commodity but still a hypothetical now so who cares?

The only reason people are dooging is because they were afraid of that. In a vacuum this is s very LiPo meh hire.

Urbs to Florida in 2004?

The list is endless.

So because we can't hire Saban we should cheer for Deboner? That's it?

Not buying the false binary.

Even if you want to make the argument that "there weren't any other options!" You aren't getting me excited.

I don't Fucking care that the store was out of ribeyes. You aren't going to get me to be excited for tofurkey.
    Shopping for head coaches in college football isn’t like shopping for ribeyes.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,496 Swaye's Wigwam

Urbs to Florida in 2004?

The list is endless.

Even if you want to make the argument that "there weren't any other options!" You aren't getting me excited.

I don't Fucking care that the store was out of ribeyes. You aren't going to get me to be excited for tofurkey.
    I'm hearing very little about how good deboner is but I'm hearing a whole lot about how you just can't expect too much from a coaching search in this day and age. Just don't tell that to usc I guess.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Urbs to Florida in 2004?

The list is endless.

I generally agree with your premise but Saban was an absolute grand slam for Bama at the time.
    He was a great hire by Bamma. Not a grand slam. The Saban Natty at LSU was silly and USC would have plungered them in 2003. The Hat and Ed O also won natties at LSU.
    This is 20:20 hindsight butt not at all an accurate reflection of what people thought at the time.

Not only did the Hat and Ed O win natties at LSU after Saban won his, they won them after Saban was hired at Bama. Those titles had no bearing on anyone's perception of Bama hiring Saint Nick.

What was known at the time is that LSU was nothing special when Saban got there. They hadn't won the conference since 1986 and before that hadn't won it since 1970. They had had two top 5 seasons since 1961. Set aside the natty, in just four seasons Saban had half of their top 10 finishes in over 30 years.

I lived in SEC territory at the time and everybody here thought it was a joke that Bama thought they could get him but when they did they were all terrified. And for good reason.

People down here absolutely knew what Saban was capable of at Bama.

I’m retarded and posted in the wrong topic

*Special needs
  • BonerBoner Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 228 Founders Club

Urbs to Florida in 2004?

The list is endless.

You don’t have to be excited about it. But you’re going to fucking eat it.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,607 Founders Club
    It's funny because Saban wasn't exactly lights out at Michigan State.

It's funny because Saban wasn't exactly lights out at Michigan State.

Yep this is the funny thing. I never expected Saban to be anything special at LSU but he figured something out for sure.
    Boner said:

Urbs to Florida in 2004?

The list is endless.

You don’t have to be excited about it. But you’re going to fucking eat it.
    LEAVE! And DIAFF while you are at it.

Urbs to Florida in 2004?

The list is endless.

I'm hearing very little about how good deboner is but I'm hearing a whole lot about how you just can't expect too much from a coaching search in this day and age. Just don't tell that to usc I guess.
    Why the fuck is Lincoln Reilly god? Did he build OU into a powerhouse? He lost three NY6 bowls in a row to start his tenure. Sound like anyone we know?

Great hire by USC here but let’s not get carried away.
    So we couldn't even do as good as not that good. Oh wait, we didn't even do close to THAT good.

You guysm are really convincing me.

Doogitup.gif
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    JFC my technology is kicking my ass tonight. Fuck this post.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,019
    I’m not Getting into the middle of this because I honestly don’t know where I stand.

#bothsides

I’m not Getting into the middle of this because I honestly don’t know where I stand.

#bothsides

I could be persuaded but so far I'm hearing that Deboner is not Wilcucks and... he won in division 3.

Really earth shattering stuff so far.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    It’s getting to be like 2009 Doogman around here.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861

It’s getting to be like 2009 Doogman around here.

Program hates winning. Fans would rather go 7-5 with a bunch of gritty 3 stars