Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Inside scoop from Ken Griswold ($)"

"Wilcox/Helfrich option still out there"

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,019

Just when you thought he couldn't possibly get any more fucktarded...

I never think that. My working assumption is that his fucktardedness is boundless.
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 818
    We all know he is wrong, or just makes shit up, in an especially condescending manner. However, he might just be the perfect metaphorical representation of this program. This won’t line up perfectly for example UW football is a has been-Kim a never was, but there are some parallels.
    Small man who thinks he is more important than he is, gets just enough attention to remain almost relevant. Cares far more about access and appearances than actual success. Most of us used to frequent his place of business but now hate it.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,671 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I dealt with Justin a lot when he was at Cal. First thing to know is he is incredibly bright. He learned a lot at Cal and fought some demons. He's a bright, articulate, charming, engaging guy who is also competitive as hell. He's appeared to put his demons behind him.

You're going to love Wilcox. It will be interesting to see who he fills his staff with. Knowing the competitive nature of Justin, I'm sure he negotiated a large assistant salary pool. If he gets Tosh Lupoi on staff, watch out. Tosh is one of the best recruiters I've ever dealt with. He's currently with Atlanta.

He's an outstanding recruiting and phenomenal working with DB's. He trusts his guys and has an edge. Guys love playing for him.

Washington didn't hit a home run with Wilcox. They hit a grand slam.

He's from the Sark coaching tree so Kim has to blow him by default
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter
    Just imagine the access they could have with sirmon telling them everyone was ready to flip to uw. Pretty special.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

I dealt with Justin a lot when he was at Cal. First thing to know is he is incredibly bright. He learned a lot at Cal and fought some demons. He's a bright, articulate, charming, engaging guy who is also competitive as hell. He's appeared to put his demons behind him.

You're going to love Wilcox. It will be interesting to see who he fills his staff with. Knowing the competitive nature of Justin, I'm sure he negotiated a large assistant salary pool. If he gets Tosh Lupoi on staff, watch out. Tosh is one of the best recruiters I've ever dealt with. He's currently with Atlanta.

He's an outstanding recruiting and phenomenal working with DB's. He trusts his guys and has an edge. Guys love playing for him.

He's from the Sark coaching tree so Kim has to blow him by default
    Lots of CEO's blow Sark's assistants.

Not a big deal.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited November 2021
    dnc said:

Just curious . . . Why didn’t Wilcox bring his good buddy, Tosh Lupoi, as DC to Cal when he became Head Coach?

After all, Lupoi, was a Cal grad, defensive line coach and lights out recruiter at Cal before Sark hired them both (Wilcox was DC at Tennessee at the time) to Washington to fix Nick Holt’s defense.

How did that work out?

The Huskies were lucky that USC actually thought they were getting a rising star in Sark.

What is the difference now why Lupoi would want to be a DC under Wilcox?

Can Washington pay Lupoi more?

Just curious . . .
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861
    Helfrich= Deboer