Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We might be bad for two more years

Comments

• Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

A lot of things are wrong with this program.

You could replace "program" with "the Middle East" and the "a lot of things" are roughly equivalent.

#masterofunderstatement
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    75% chance we will be shitty next year or two
    25% chance this was a coaching rot issue

Based on what we had on field what's coming back, and what's coming in, I vote door number one by miles from here to sun.

Name me a position group outside ILB (where we have two guys who can't get hurt or ever come off field) w/ Edie and Carson you feel good about next year?

Partial credit for Trice
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    Standard Supporter
    godawgst said:

Based on what we had on field what's coming back, and what's coming in, I vote door number one by miles from here to sun.

Name me a position group outside ILB (where we have two guys who can't get hurt or ever come off field) w/ Edie and Carson you feel good about next year?

Partial credit for Trice

I actually feel good about the OLBs, WRs and DL next year. Even if McMillan portals, they have Odunze, Polk, Taj Davis, G. Jackson, and Raccanelli / Tinae. The DL has younger talent but couldn't quite put it together (partially scheme based and also new / young position coach).

OLBs will feature (a healthy) ZTF, Trice, McDonald, and Smalls. That is definitely top half of conference.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

godawgst said:

Partial credit for Trice

I actually feel good about the OLBs, WRs and DL next year. Even if McMillan portals, they have Odunze, Polk, Taj Davis, G. Jackson, and Raccanelli / Tinae. The DL has younger talent but couldn't quite put it together (partially scheme based and also new / young position coach).

OLBs will feature (a healthy) ZTF, Trice, McDonald, and Smalls. That is definitely top half of conference.
    I would love for Giles to put even half the effort he does shit talking into producing on the field
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited November 2021
    If both OSU and WSU have a shot at the north in the last game of the year, we should be able to turn it around pretty quickly with a competent coach. WSU lost their head coach and 4 assistants mid season and will likely finish 2nd in the north. Stanford and Cal are trending the wrong way. Oregon is the only team that has shown they can be consistent in the north and their in-game coaching still seems suspect.

It is hard to tell how talented this roster is with how shitty the coaching has been. This defense could have been very good if the coaches didn't play with 9 players for most of the year. Playing with 3 DL against WSU shows how inept the coaches are at game planning. No in-game adjustments ever. I don't know where to start with the offense.

A lot of question marks next year, but the same can be said for every team outside of Oregon and Utah.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TXDawg said:

I don’t think it’s hard for any team to get quick results in this conference. Not saying it will happen but Oregon state and wazzu can tie for the north title this year ffs.

Yes this team sucks. Not saying it will happen. But nobody has a stranglehold on this conference.

This conference? You mean the Pac-12? You’re arguing we should be hopeful because it’s a tight race for the silver medal in the Special Olympics of college football.
    This/your 138th post is the best.

I would have put it a little more PC and said it reminds me of a certain telethon Jerry Lewis used to host Labor Day Weekend for "his Kids", but either way is acceptable.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What makes you think they will be better after 2 years. Are you assholes listening? WeAreAFatLesboSchool
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

godawgst said:

Partial credit for Trice

Rome has drop issues, Polk looks good in 2 game sample, Taj (?), Jackson (??) Rac/Tinae (???)

DL looks to be space eaters but not much else. For two years teams have ran it down their throats no matter how many we've put in box. Tuli and Taki are who they are as they go into the Senior year. Two freshman flashed a few plays but banking on them is doogish

OLB ZTF good pass rush, can't hold edge, Trice is at least athletic, Mcdonald, Smalls (???)

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

A year away from being a year away.

We are so young!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

Literally cut 1/4 of the team and bring in guys that actually want to get better, talk shit, and aren’t afraid of contact.

I would rather watch guys that are working on maxing out their own potential and struggling than these front running pussies riding their high school rankings into carefree losses.

Imagine getting punked that hard on your own field and the only guy that showed any fight was a transfer.

Softness needs to not be tolerated. Make it a program where if you aren’t tough you get ostracized. When McMillan gives shit effort, bench his ass. We won’t miss his two catches for 18 yards. Turner, nuff said. If a DT is showing shitty effort (it happens often), run their ass till they fucking puke. Get the 5 best OL on the fucking field. That’s a Huff being an idiot issue, but still.

It’s time to reset a standard. Everything earned, nothing given, evaluation is just as, if not more important than stars

I know some here now and former posters always would yell about putting gamers and the “talented” players on the field. Of course we want talented players but there isn’t one fucking guy besides maybe ZTF (if he even comes back) that deserves anything.
    Why didn’t Racanelli play? He was hyped in spring and the first couple weeks of fall, then nothing. Has to be better than McMillian
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

Literally cut 1/4 of the team and bring in guys that actually want to get better, talk shit, and aren’t afraid of contact.

I would rather watch guys that are working on maxing out their own potential and struggling than these front running pussies riding their high school rankings into carefree losses.

Imagine getting punked that hard on your own field and the only guy that showed any fight was a transfer.

Softness needs to not be tolerated. Make it a program where if you aren’t tough you get ostracized. When McMillan gives shit effort, bench his ass. We won’t miss his two catches for 18 yards. Turner, nuff said. If a DT is showing shitty effort (it happens often), run their ass till they fucking puke. Get the 5 best OL on the fucking field. That’s a Huff being an idiot issue, but still.

It’s time to reset a standard. Everything earned, nothing given, evaluation is just as, if not more important than stars

I know some here now and former posters always would yell about putting gamers and the “talented” players on the field. Of course we want talented players but there isn’t one fucking guy besides maybe ZTF (if he even comes back) that deserves anything.
    Why didn’t Racanelli play? He was hyped in spring and the first couple weeks of fall, then nothing. Has to be better than McMillian
    Players who haven’t been allowed to suck yet will always get hype. I’m sure he will be the talk of the town next cool off season.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

Im with Roadie, i have seen absolutely nothing that tells me oregon is building something scary. Their “culture” is overrated, the players were yelling at each other while utah pushed their shit in.

Doog post of the day!
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So what you're saying is that the new coach already #needsmoretime? RIP @He_Needs_More_Time
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

He played at the beginning of the year and could never get open vs McMillan that can get open but can’t catch the ball unless it is on the numbers and his defender is at least two steps behind. So yeah there is that.
  • Options
    WedgwoodDawgWedgwoodDawg Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2021

What makes you think they will be better after 2 years. Are you assholes listening? WeAreAFatLesboSchool