Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We might be bad for two more years

Comments

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Lbs are slow.
    ntxduck said:

As much as I’d like to agree, in the age of the transfer portal you can fix things (obviously dependent on making a good hire) quicker than you used to. And this conference sucks. There’s no reason a good coach can’t make a bowl next year and go 9-3/10-2 the year after.

I agree with this. Wsu has had better qbs than uw for the last 10 years. Get a fucking de Laura or minshew in the portal.

Uw has the worst qbs West of the Mississippi.

Find a qb who is not retarded. Get a decent rub. Jesus.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

As much as I’d like to agree, in the age of the transfer portal you can fix things (obviously dependent on making a good hire) quicker than you used to. And this conference sucks. There’s no reason a good coach can’t make a bowl next year and go 9-3/10-2 the year after.

The players in the portal that are needed to change Washington aren't going to be coming here. Especially for a Fresno State coach who they don't know. This is going to take multiple recruiting classes, especially with the talent Oregon has loaded up with. The best I can see is Washington being competitive is in year three if everything goes right.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Uw doesn’t need game breakers to be competitive. Utah and Oregon st. Have better rbs than uw.

There are a lot of rbs out there to be found you just have to do it. For instance.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

The players in the portal that are needed to change Washington aren't going to be coming here. Especially for a Fresno State coach who they don't know. This is going to take multiple recruiting classes, especially with the talent Oregon has loaded up with. The best I can see is Washington being competitive is in year three if everything goes right.
    Oregon lost to Stanford and was blown out by Utah. They’re good, but more like how uw won the conference in 2018. Nobody in this conference is untouchable. This Utah team is not any better than the other Utah teams of the last 4 seasons, and they were dominating a lot of their games. This conference sucks. You can get results so much quicker.
    But Oregon is only getting better. They are on pace for their third top ten class, and most of their talent is young. They are only getting better. And that 2018 team got smacked Ohio State on a neutral field while Oregon went on the road without two of their top players on defense and won.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,866
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I barely watched any of the last month but with the right coach, they can win six or seven next year and get back to challenging for the Norte by 2023. Do I think they'll hire the right coach? Doubtful
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

What do you mean by competitive? As in competing for the conference title. I agree year 3-4 should be the time. We can be competitive next year as in, make a bowl. I mean, WSU and Oregon State are 7-8 win teams. We can be that as well.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

What do you mean by competitive? As in competing for the conference title. I agree year 3-4 should be the time. We can be competitive next year as in, make a bowl. I mean, WSU and Oregon State are 7-8 win teams. We can be that as well.
    Yes, I mean conference title.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

Oregon lost to Stanford and was blown out by Utah. They’re good, but more like how uw won the conference in 2018. Nobody in this conference is untouchable. This Utah team is not any better than the other Utah teams of the last 4 seasons, and they were dominating a lot of their games. This conference sucks. You can get results so much quicker.
    But Oregon is only getting better. They are on pace for their third top ten class, and most of their talent is young. They are only getting better. And that 2018 team got smacked Ohio State on a neutral field while Oregon went on the road without two of their top players on defense and won.
    No they aren’t. You buy way into the recruiting bullshit hype.
    I believe in acquiring talent which they do. And unlike Washington, they have a good culture established. Their downfall is QB play and the style they want to play thanks to Mario. If he ever changes, they can take off.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,580
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

Oregon lost to Stanford and was blown out by Utah. They’re good, but more like how uw won the conference in 2018. Nobody in this conference is untouchable. This Utah team is not any better than the other Utah teams of the last 4 seasons and they were dominating a lot of their games. This conference sucks. You can get results so much quicker.
    Oregon is a QB away from running the table in this shit conference with relative ease. No other school can say that.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    thechatch said:

ntxduck said:

Oregon lost to Stanford and was blown out by Utah. They’re good, but more like how uw won the conference in 2018. Nobody in this conference is untouchable. This Utah team is not any better than the other Utah teams of the last 4 seasons and they were dominating a lot of their games. This conference sucks. You can get results so much quicker.
    Oregon is a QB away from running the table in this shit conference with relative ease. No other school can say that.
    Sure.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Get a coach that is good and the players respect, we can be good next year. Big if though.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

I don’t think it’s hard for any team to get quick results in this conference. Not saying it will happen but Oregon state and wazzu can tie for the north title this year ffs.

Yes this team sucks. Not saying it will happen. But nobody has a stranglehold on this conference.

This conference? You mean the Pac-12? You’re arguing we should be hopeful because it’s a tight race for the silver medal in the Special Olympics of college football.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

Based on this season, the portal and our overrated players, it may be a few seasons before we’re good

From Petersen to this in two years. Truly incredible

UW has won 1-2 meaningful bowls in 30 years. You all have been bad and will be bad until you're not, which could be forever.

We're talking sustained success, not one "good" Neuheisel year where half the games were in doubt until the last play or one first round exit in the CFP. Did Peterson ever win a big game? If 70-21 was big for you guys then that's your problem in a nutshell.

What part of the last 3 decades eludes you?

I'm being serious, when are you guyses going to accept that your school doesn't care about football?