Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DeBoner

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,576 Swaye's Wigwam
    See, the problem with the Wam isn't that part of this forum is paywalled. It's that the rest of it isn't. Parents of coaches with funny names read these boreds!
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,165

See, the problem with the Wam isn't that part of this forum is paywalled. It's that the rest of it isn't. Parents of coaches with funny names read these boreds!

The hyphen names really don't like us
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,622

ntxduck said:

Deboner would be a really good hire. Wouldn’t like that as a duck fan. His recruiting is tbd but hire a Donte Williams type on staff and he'd be set

He’s the Dana Altman hire. Not sexy but just a straight up ball coach.
    I don’t think that’s a good comp. Altman had been a head coach for 20 years at three different programs before Oregon hired him. He was a well known quantity.

DeBoer has only been a D1 head coach for 1.5 years. He is more of the high ceiling/low floor type hire.
    No comp is perfect and Altman in 17 years older than Altman so DeBoer can't beat him there. But one could argue DeBoer has had more results-based success in less time than Altman. So let's go for abundance and hire DeBoer for football and Altman for bball:

,667 winning percentage at Fresno State and .897 overall winning percentage

Overall 79–9
    Tournaments 17–2 (NAIA playoffs)

Championships
    3 NAIA (2006, 2008–2009)
    4 GPAC (2006–2009)
    Awards
    3× AFCA NAIA Coach of the Year (2006, 2008–2009)
    3× NAIA Coach of the Year (2006, 2008–2009)
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,607 Founders Club
    FS7 was playing some repeat of Fresneck State at SJS last night. I also saw them beat UCLA in Pasadena which is impressive for WAC MW types. He seems like a solid coach. You really don't know until they play next year but he's neck and neck with Campbell.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    edited November 2021
    Root for SDSU right now because if they lose DeBoner will be coaching next weekend in the MWC championship
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,827 Swaye's Wigwam

Root for SDSU right now because if they lose DeBoner will be coaching next weekend in the MWC championship

FREE PUB!!
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,671 Swaye's Wigwam
    DeBoner with Wilcocks as DC seems like our best bet
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,622
    edited November 2021

I always root for the Aztecs, especially after conquistador Hernán Cortés' genocides.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    HFNY said:

ntxduck said:

Deboner would be a really good hire. Wouldn’t like that as a duck fan. His recruiting is tbd but hire a Donte Williams type on staff and he'd be set

He’s the Dana Altman hire. Not sexy but just a straight up ball coach.
    I don’t think that’s a good comp. Altman had been a head coach for 20 years at three different programs before Oregon hired him. He was a well known quantity.

DeBoer has only been a D1 head coach for 1.5 years. He is more of the high ceiling/low floor type hire.
    No comp is perfect and Altman in 17 years older than Altman so DeBoer can't beat him there. But one could argue DeBoer has had more results-based success in less time than Altman. So let's go for abundance and hire DeBoer for football and Altman for bball:

,667 winning percentage at Fresno State and .897 overall winning percentage

Overall 79–9
    Tournaments 17–2 (NAIA playoffs)

Championships
    3 NAIA (2006, 2008–2009)
    4 GPAC (2006–2009)
    Awards
    3× AFCA NAIA Coach of the Year (2006, 2008–2009)
    3× NAIA Coach of the Year (2006, 2008–2009)
    The point wasn’t which was a better hire the point was their career arcs were not at all similar.
    edited November 2021

Why would Wilcox go back to being a DC? Cal isn't going to fire him.

I'd take PK back though.

SDSU wins, Fresno's season is over. DeBoer hire announced on Monday?

I think early in the week, possibly Monday. Matt turns down Washington this weekend, they move on to Kalen and negotiate a contract early in the week.
    At this point is it a foregone conclusion that Campbell turns us down?
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460

I think early in the week, possibly Monday. Matt turns down Washington this weekend, they move on to Kalen and negotiate a contract early in the week.
    Talking with my USC booster friend, they are very confident he will accept their offer this weekend.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,859 Founders Club
    UW only wants Campbell on the cheap

Destined for failure
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Talking with my USC booster friend, they are very confident he will accept their offer this weekend.
    Well, usc boosters are the most delusional there are so I’m going to hold out hope for Campbell.
  • RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 827 Founders Club

UW only wants Campbell on the cheap

Destined for failure

Back up the Brinks or be second tier.

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,188

Why would Wilcox go back to being a DC? Cal isn't going to fire him.

I'd take PK back though.
    PGOS has no clue as per usual. Shit take after shit take after shit take. JFC
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,737
    If uw boosters want Campbell they will have to pony up.

Don’t think this hire will have anything to do with what the average fan wants.

Imo Campbell at 10 million would be stupid. If that’s the kind of money it would take. For instance.