Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Favorite Apple Cup Memory?

13»

Comments

• Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,010
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

2002 ?

Gordon Reece and the bahawkwards pass. With the dasani bottles being hurled onto the field MANY with an unknown yellowish liquid inside. Last leg of the NW championship. (Was there for all three.)

Drove back to Seattle after the game and my wife has me watch the sports recap. Turns out Hawaii and Cincinnati had a brawl because Cincnnati can't handle losing.

Both games (post games) made national news.

Oh, and got stopped by the State Patrol in the middle of the state for erratic driving. Thank Gwad my brother quit drinking so I was sober. He let me off once he saw I was a Husky fan.

WTF does this mean?
  • Options
    ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    My favorite Apple Cup memories are from 1985-88 watching the games when I was in HS playing football and being recruited by both UW & WSU... they split the Apple Cup series 2-2 during that time as I was deciding on which program I wanted to play for.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

EwaDawg said:

2002 ?

Gordon Reece and the bahawkwards pass. With the dasani bottles being hurled onto the field MANY with an unknown yellowish liquid inside. Last leg of the NW championship. (Was there for all three.)

Drove back to Seattle after the game and my wife has me watch the sports recap. Turns out Hawaii and Cincinnati had a brawl because Cincnnati can't handle losing.

Both games (post games) made national news.

Oh, and got stopped by the State Patrol in the middle of the state for erratic driving. Thank Gwad my brother quit drinking so I was sober. He let me off once he saw I was a Husky fan.

WTF does this mean?
    It means I don't drink around my brothers who have quit drinking (one of whom was in the car). Did I leave out the part where I did not drive accross the state alone?

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,930
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I don't really remember what it’s like to lose to coug

Get ready
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,930
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    2002 was pretty cool.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,507
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don't really remember what it’s like to lose to coug

The day after the game, you wake up, look around, and then you remember, it hits you...
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,406
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's harrrd. The ones I've gone to, I have little memory of. The ones I've watched on TV, I also have little memory of.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,097
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I don’t think this applies to the topic but Coug years after any Apple Cup are delicious.