Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The final word on lake’s recruiting

doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,201 Swaye's Wigwam
edited November 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
Not that it needed being said, but in case there was any doubt Jimmy fucking sucked at recruiting...

He gets fired, and all of our? commits have stayed committed. Lmao.

He literally didn’t have a single recruit who was here for Coach Lake. They all committed to the program. Not sure I’ve ever seen that before.

He obviously did not give a shit/sucked at recruiting. But this level of ineptitude makes me wonder: if he was even half-relatable or put in a nominal amount of effort, how much better would last year’s class have been?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/dawgs-are-loyal-without-a-head-coach-whats-keeping-uw-footballs-2022-recruits-committed/

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Just glad he is gone, Cohen must be next
  • Stop being disrespectful to Nevada. They still have time to flip some of them.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,493 Swaye's Wigwam
    doogville said:

Not that it needed being said, but in case there was any doubt Jimmy fucking sucked at recruiting...

He literally didn’t have a single recruit who was here for Coach Lake. They all committed to the program. Not sure I’ve ever seen that before.

He obviously did not give a shit/sucked at recruiting. But this level of ineptitude makes me wonder: if he was even half-relatable or put in a nominal amount of effort, how much better would last year’s class have been?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/dawgs-are-loyal-without-a-head-coach-whats-keeping-uw-footballs-2022-recruits-committed/

Another possibility, recruits are hoping the incoming coach honors the offers and they end up on a much better team than otherwise.(Stoops prayingdoog.gif)
  • Stinky_HankeyStinky_Hankey Member Posts: 82
    Not that I want most of these shitty recruits but we will see what happens when all the assistant coaches get walked out the door. I'll bet at least a few will change their tune when the position coach they committed to is gone
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,593 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Dawgman released a podcast with Cooper Petanga, the ex UW recruiting analyst under Petersen and now national recruiting analyst for 247, who essentially said that Jimmy Lake and his staff quit on recruiting.

I forget the exact wording he used but essentially said "Jimmy talked a big game" on recruiting but never followed through on it while he was head coach. He mentioned the speech he gave at halftime of the basketball game specifically as a time where his rhetoric didn't match his effort/outcome. Petanga also said the staff thought they were such good developers that they could bring in inferior talent and coach them into players that they could win conference championships with. Petanga seemed to generally think that Jimmy was all hat and no cattle during his tenure as head coach... talked a big game but didn't deliver.

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/Washington-Huskies-football-recruiting-DawgmanRadio-Talking-Coaching-Search-And-Recruiting-With-Cooper-Petagna-LSU-Dave-Aranda-USC-Lincoln-Riley-James-Franklin-175466677/

oh my god petagna's list of coaching candidates at the end made me want to jam stakes in my ears. and my heart.

"UW HC needs to be able to do X, Y, and Z" *procedes to list garbage names that are the antithesis of what he said UW needs*

0/10

edit: why was this moved to the TBS board? We are assessing Lake as a head coach, not scouting or discussing upcoming or current players
    These names being thrown out there are straight from the lazy hire bin
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

I remember when Uw hired Willingham and everyone was like alright which of his Notre Dame commits are going to follow him to UW and I don’t think one even visited. Reminds me of the Jimmy situation with the guys committed now.

If you are a number one recruit you can do whatever you want.

Everybody else….DO NOT GO TO A SCHOOL FOR A COACH. EVER. DO NOT. YOU WILL GET SCREWED

• ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    doogville said:

There is still time for the recruits to change their minds or for the new coach to unrecruit them. Until they are officially enrolled and on campus attending classes-practices they are not 100% Dawgs.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

Canadawg said:

Dawgman released a podcast with Cooper Petanga, the ex UW recruiting analyst under Petersen and now national recruiting analyst for 247, who essentially said that Jimmy Lake and his staff quit on recruiting.

I forget the exact wording he used but essentially said "Jimmy talked a big game" on recruiting but never followed through on it while he was head coach. He mentioned the speech he gave at halftime of the basketball game specifically as a time where his rhetoric didn't match his effort/outcome. Petanga also said the staff thought they were such good developers that they could bring in inferior talent and coach them into players that they could win conference championships with. Petanga seemed to generally think that Jimmy was all hat and no cattle during his tenure as head coach... talked a big game but didn't deliver.

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/Washington-Huskies-football-recruiting-DawgmanRadio-Talking-Coaching-Search-And-Recruiting-With-Cooper-Petagna-LSU-Dave-Aranda-USC-Lincoln-Riley-James-Franklin-175466677/

Honestly, after hearing that my reaction to Jimmy is that he can go to hell. I thought that I had come to terms with Jimmy not working out as head coach and that I was willing to let him ride into the sunset and remember him fondly for what he did when he was a DB coach and coordinator but honestly, fuck him. He knew what he was getting himself into and he knew the level of effort that was needed in order to keep our program on a Petersen-era trajectory but he completely mailed it in and half-assed the job and walked away with 10 million dollars of booster/fan money.
    Even Baird said on the honks show that he doesn't feel bad for him seeing as he walked away with all that $$. That's cutting coming from him
    I respect the years and successes that Jimmy had

That was also a while ago

He failed spectacularly as a head coach so much so that he got fired than 81% of people thought was even possible … and he got a $10M parachute on the way for his efforts

Good luck to him but I ain’t kissing his ass after the fact
    When you think about it, his flame out was spectacularly fast. I think most people got something of a pass for COVID. Assuming he did, and I think that's a safe assumption, he's being fired for being spectacularly bad over a very short period of time.

Said differently, if somehow somebody had mistakenly made me the Washington HC instead of Shitballz, I myself might have lasted longer than he did. I'm serious because at least I would not have had the sideline escapade or academic prowess. So, like, I would have just sat around, gotten coffee, made sure all my assistant coaches showed up, made some random comments during practice, met with my assistants and nodded with approval over their game plan recommendations, probably barked at the refs two or three times for effect, and importantly I would NOT have hit or pushed anyone or made dumb Oregon comments to the media.

In that scenario, I think I'm still coaching today. Tell me I'm wrong. This guy may be the most historical HC blowup in history behind only Mike Price strip club Bamers.
    Moorehead was quickly axed at MSU.
    Chad Morris deserves further investigation.

The sec doesn’t mess around once they know you suck for sure. Texas is learning this the hard way.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,015
    edited November 2021

Tequilla said:

Canadawg said:

Honestly, after hearing that my reaction to Jimmy is that he can go to hell. I thought that I had come to terms with Jimmy not working out as head coach and that I was willing to let him ride into the sunset and remember him fondly for what he did when he was a DB coach and coordinator but honestly, fuck him. He knew what he was getting himself into and he knew the level of effort that was needed in order to keep our program on a Petersen-era trajectory but he completely mailed it in and half-assed the job and walked away with 10 million dollars of booster/fan money.
    Even Baird said on the honks show that he doesn't feel bad for him seeing as he walked away with all that $$. That's cutting coming from him
    I respect the years and successes that Jimmy had

That was also a while ago

He failed spectacularly as a head coach so much so that he got fired than 81% of people thought was even possible … and he got a $10M parachute on the way for his efforts

Good luck to him but I ain’t kissing his ass after the fact
    When you think about it, his flame out was spectacularly fast. I think most people got something of a pass for COVID. Assuming he did, and I think that's a safe assumption, he's being fired for being spectacularly bad over a very short period of time.

Said differently, if somehow somebody had mistakenly made me the Washington HC instead of Shitballz, I myself might have lasted longer than he did. I'm serious because at least I would not have had the sideline escapade or academic prowess. So, like, I would have just sat around, gotten coffee, made sure all my assistant coaches showed up, made some random comments during practice, met with my assistants and nodded with approval over their game plan recommendations, probably barked at the refs two or three times for effect, and importantly I would NOT have hit or pushed anyone or made dumb Oregon comments to the media.

In that scenario, I think I'm still coaching today. Tell me I'm wrong. This guy may be the most historical HC blowup in history behind only Mike Price strip club Bamers.
    The revenue loss from Covid and the lack of any sign of that changing got Jimmy fired this quickly

Still kind of shocking it happened quite honestly

Well, we? all know why he really got fired: the Oregon comment + pushing. Sadly, that is why. If he'd been winning and recruiting, he would have had powerful friends, and then they would have feared him. But of course he had nothing to show in terms of the team trending in the right direction, and the stuff that admins hate happened, and boom. Gone. No warning, just gone.