Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PAC 12 doesn't have rivalry like SEC? coach search

AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,470
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
According to this guy, the Alabama/Auburn rivalry is worse than the UW/Oregon. This is false and another example of bias against the west coast, like, "oh, it's just the west coast, they don't ~really~ have rivalries

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/washington-coaching-search-joe-moorhead-jay-norvell-among-top-candidates-to-replace-jimmy-lake/

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    AOG said:

According to this guy, the Alabama/Auburn rivalry is worse than the UW/Oregon. This is false and another example of bias against the west coast, like, "oh, it's just the west coast, they don't ~really~ have rivalries

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/washington-coaching-search-joe-moorhead-jay-norvell-among-top-candidates-to-replace-jimmy-lake/

They need to come to HH during HATE WEEK to see how crazy things get around here.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,543
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dennis Dodd is fucking stupid
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,470
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2021

Your posts are usually shit and difficult to decipher. Are you griping about someone thinking that Auburn-Bama is a more heated rivalry than ours with the Ducks? Because you'd be hard pressed to effectively argue against that. Those fuckers hate each other.

I take umbrage at your first, not because it's false, but because accusing a man of a "difficult to decipher" post here is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500. As far as your main point, you would be OK with an assistant from Dukks for head coach. No.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Hey if we’re bashing on difficult to decipher posts then I’m outta here.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Well it is far more heated in real life

We? don't spike trees

Or kill dudes. Someone got shot last year over an sec game. I’m okay with that.
    There are multiple shootings each year related to SEC games, and the occasional murder.

LSU isn’t even Bama’s main rival, and to have a shooting happen in the Ducks backyard without them being involved shows that IT JUST MEANS MORE isn’t an empty phrase.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    glad I got out of Bend early in the season
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Dennis Dood_FS. FTG.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Dennis Dodd is fucking stupid

Not entirely. I believe he did pick UW to make the CFP in 2016/17.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Went to see Baton Rouge to see OSU @ LSU in 2004.

3 days before game, parking lots are full of RVs with people tailgating.

Went to pizza place that evening. Asked waitress if it was unusual to have so many people tailgating 3 days before their first game.

She looked at me like I was nuts. She simply stated: You ought to be here when Florida or Alabama come to visit. This ain’t nothing.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AOG said:

Apparently, you’ve never been to an SEC game. The fans care way more IMHO.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,974
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    trublue said:

AOG said:

Apparently, you’ve never been to an SEC game. The fans care way more IMHO.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2021
    I've always said UW/UO is the closest thing to an SEC hate rivalry. I've never said it was the same as one. As for the relative intensity as measured by stupid people doing ridiculous things, ok, the southeastern US wins. As for the level of acrimony, I'd say UW/UO has nothing to apologize for. There is sufficient hate there for the average fan.

Also, not every rivalry in the south is as intense as Iron Bowl. The Florida/Georgia rivalry is not more jacked up than UW/UO IMO. Lots more drinking, sure. But do they hate each more than we? do? I don't think so.

To me, the mother of all rivalries is Michigan/Ohio State. That game truly matters to many people regardless of the situation. I want to attend that one before I kick the bucket.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,496
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW/UO had a chance to take off as a true rivalry before UW fell on its ass and then people out west stopped caring about football. It’s nowhere near SEC-level sadly.

I did see my dad’s friend slip a lit cigarette into the jacket pocket of a Duck fan celebrating like an ass outside Husky Stadium on our way out in 1995. Guy didn’t even notice. Screaming Duck fan also got punched in the face and spit out teeth.

Stoops talk got me to remember the Ducks knocked the Huskies out of playing for a natty in 2000. Man what a cursed rivalry for UW. Would have been interesting if they played in Husky Stadium in 2001. Knowing the Pac-12 they forced that bye thinking the rivalry was too intense or so Oregon wouldn’t get beat
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Would have been interesting if they played in Husky Stadium in 2001. Knowing the Pac-12 they forced that bye thinking the rivalry was too intense or so Oregon wouldn’t get beat

Remind me what that was about?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I've always said UW/UO is the closest thing to an SEC hate rivalry. I've never said it was the same as one. As for the relative intensity as measured by stupid people doing ridiculous things, ok, the southeastern US wins. As for the level of acrimony, I'd say UW/UO has nothing to apologize for. There is sufficient hate there for the average fan.

Also, not every rivalry in the south is as intense as Iron Bowl. The Florida/Georgia rivalry is not more jacked up than UW/UO IMO. Lots more drinking, sure. But do they hate each more than we? do? I don't think so.

To me, the mother of all rivalries is Michigan/Ohio State. That game truly matters to many people regardless of the situation. I want to attend that one before I kick the bucket.

Don't forget Texas/OU (they aren't SEC yet). That and Ohio State/Michigan are the two biggest legit shutdown entire states to watch a football game rivalries there are.