Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

String is toast

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

I don't know exactly, but there are rumblings that this was not String's first physical altercation and that he was going through counseling for anger management issues.

Yeah that's why I figure with the amount of talent that he has, it's easy to say that he has problems, he's getting help and he's not a bad person, etc. Whatever I'm completely dooging for this guy to stay on because of his talent.
    I'm with you. I want him back too, even more than Miles. I don't really give a shit if all he did was swat some nosey bitch's phone out of her hand for trying to take a picture of him. I'll feel significantly better about our WR corps if String is a part of it.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can't say enough about Miles. He hasn't been perfect but he doesn't play timid and fits in really well with what *I think* we'll be trying to accomplish on offense. His play action passes to Kevin Smith and ASJ in the OSU game were on the money and thrown with assertion. If our running game doesn't drop off (much) we'll be fucking awesome with him in there. That being said, I still think we'd be okay this year if we would have had to go to with Williams.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The qb situation was fine with or without miles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Really? Lindquist and Williams haven't proven anything. Now I think we could have been fine but with only two QB's who I've never seen throw a pass in college football you could have a Paus-Stanback scenario from 2004-2005.

With Miles that is a game changer. He's proven he can win on the road against a conference team. He's played in a bowl game, he's played an entire second half against a ranked UCLA. Miles has proven he can play at this level.

Will Miles be great? I don't know. Will he be better than Price? Who knows but I'd bet on yes. He has proven though that he won't suck and will be a good college QB in his reps during a college game.

You can't say that about the other two.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2014
    We also have Carta-samuels. Three 4 star QBs to choose from without including Miles...Peterman did just fine at BSU at QB far more often than not.

Losing string is a way bigger loss than losing miley. The dude was a freak of nature that should have gotten the ball more often
  • Options

We also have Carta-samuels. Three 4 star QBs to choose from without including Miles...Peterman did just fine at BSU at QB far more often than not.

Losing string is a way bigger loss than losing miley. The dude was a freak of nature that should have gotten the ball more often

Starting a true freshman at QB is crazy. Also it wouldn't be the end of the world without Miles I agree.

However, with Miles I'm very confident our QB situation will be in good hands as he's the only proven guy on this roster.

Also it is crazy to think that on paper in the spring of 2015 that UW will have FIVE 4* star QB's on their roster and not one will be a senior. We all know that won't happen as someone is going to bolt but still sick to think of all the QB depth we'll have.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014

I don't know exactly, but there are rumblings that this was not String's first physical altercation and that he was going through counseling for anger management issues.

Kim was the one who said it, so the truth is probably that Stringfellow is the nicest guy on the team and had one incident that was totally out of character.

Wait Kim is the one who said that? Then why the fuck is anyone on here actually quoting that like it's from someone who isn't a full blown retard?

Miles will be back and String won't miss any action against Pac-12 teams. All will be good.

Have fun beating Washington who is finally well coached. With Miles back unofficially I now join RoadDawg in not being worried about the QB position.

Also Kasen, String on the outside with Ross/Mickens in the slot is filthy.
    Yep, this will be a stellar WR group. We also had similar WR groups in 2002, 2003, 2011 and last year. But this will be the best WR group in 20+ years because it will be coached by Pete and not a total fuckwad. Kasen & String may be as good as any 1-2 WR punch we've ever had.
    We could be incredible at WR, but there are some questions. Is Kasen going to be healthy? Can Mickens keep improving, same with Ross. How long will String be out? I'm pretty confident it will work out, but I would feel better if everyone was healthy and String never got in trouble. Talent wise, it has to be our best group ever. One 5* and three 4* guys. String and Ross were coveted by almost everyone.

• Options

Really? Lindquist and Williams haven't proven anything. Now I think we could have been fine but with only two QB's who I've never seen throw a pass in college football you could have a Paus-Stanback scenario from 2004-2005.

With Miles that is a game changer. He's proven he can win on the road against a conference team. He's played in a bowl game, he's played an entire second half against a ranked UCLA. Miles has proven he can play at this level.

Will Miles be great? I don't know. Will he be better than Price? Who knows but I'd bet on yes. He has proven though that he won't suck and will be a good college QB in his reps during a college game.

This. We don't know exactly how good Miles is, but at the very least, he's a competent QB you can win with. He played pretty well at UCLA considering he came in after halftime and played a top 25 team on the road. He looked fine the other times he played too. The flip side of that is Casey Paus looked good against Oregon, but was fucking terrible when he became the starter. I don't think that is the case with Miles though.

If someone beats Miles out, they are probably pretty good. Now, you know it is a heated competition and a good QB will end up winning the job. We don't know how good Lindquist or Williams is. I would presume Lindquist is worse than Miles considering Miles has been ahead of him since they got on campus.

The difference between Paus against Oregon and Miles is Paus if you look back was 5 for 8 passing in that game. We didn't see Paus in any other action either. Miles we saw start against Oregon State, play the 4th in a bowl game against BYU, play 3 quarters in the scrimmage vs Idaho State, play against Cal/Colorado and play the entire second half at UCLA.

I felt like we've seen enough of Miles to know he won't be a bum. If Williams or Lindquist beats out Miles then I have confidence in them. Now if they were the starters and Miles wasn't in the picture then I'd still be worried.

Like I'm worried about the RB position even though I think Washington/Coleman/Callier/Cooper should be enough I'll still have some concerns.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

This. We don't know exactly how good Miles is, but at the very least, he's a competent QB you can win with. He played pretty well at UCLA considering he came in after halftime and played a top 25 team on the road. He looked fine the other times he played too. The flip side of that is Casey Paus looked good against Oregon, but was fucking terrible when he became the starter. I don't think that is the case with Miles though.

If someone beats Miles out, they are probably pretty good. Now, you know it is a heated competition and a good QB will end up winning the job. We don't know how good Lindquist or Williams is. I would presume Lindquist is worse than Miles considering Miles has been ahead of him since they got on campus.

The difference between Paus against Oregon and Miles is Paus if you look back was 5 for 8 passing in that game. We didn't see Paus in any other action either. Miles we saw start against Oregon State, play the 4th in a bowl game against BYU, play 3 quarters in the scrimmage vs Idaho State, play against Cal/Colorado and play the entire second half at UCLA.

I felt like we've seen enough of Miles to know he won't be a bum. If Williams or Lindquist beats out Miles then I have confidence in them. Now if they were the starters and Miles wasn't in the picture then I'd still be worried.

Like I'm worried about the RB position even though I think Washington/Coleman/Callier/Cooper should be enough I'll still have some concerns.
    If Callier is the starter I will be concerned. Otherwise, I think we are fine at RB. I'm pretty high on Washington, and Petersen called Cooper a great player. It will probably be by committee, but we should be solid at RB. I'm even excited to see Shaq hopefully get a few carries.

• Options

If Callier is the starter I will be concerned. Otherwise, I think we are fine at RB. I'm pretty high on Washington, and Petersen called Cooper a great player. It will probably be by committee, but we should be solid at RB. I'm even excited to see Shaq hopefully get a few carries.

For the record when I say concern I'm only talking about Stanford, at Oregon, at Arizona, UCLA and I guess at WSU. I think UW wins every other game rather easily.

I think committee is the best approach, watched it worked to perfection in 2000 as every RB brought something different to the table. A good coach like James and yes even Slick Rick back then can pull it off like Petersen will. A shit tier coach like Lambo and Sark can't pull off platooning.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Will he be better than Price? Who knows but I'd bet on yes. .

Your a ray-sisssss. . . . wahhhhhhhhh.

Or at least half of one ;)

bitch
  • Options
    CaptainPJ is pressing terribly in this thread.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Was wondering where does someone hear 'rumblings'? Do you Skype at night with Adam Jude? Please tell
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    Founders Club
    I can't believe everyone is forgetting about Derrick Brown at QB!

Is he still on the team or did Sark quietly suddenly senior him before the Apple Cup?
  • Options
    BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I heard yesterday that those 2 have been having 'study hall' at 10 pm SATURDAY night in the coaches office. That has to be worse than stairs.
  • Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Can we get back to talking about global warming and IDs?